TenderCare Reviews | Glassdoor

Brenda Schenk

1. "Management sucks"

Current Employee - C N A in Taylor, MI
    Current Employee - C N A in Taylor, MI

I have been working at TenderCare part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Mgr. Really don't bother you and allow you to do your job.

Cons

If a situation comes up, mgr. Will always side with patient regardless of them being wrong.

Advice to Management

There's two sides to every story!

2. "CNA boot camp"

Former Employee - Nursing Assistant in Rudyard, MI
    Former Employee - Nursing Assistant in Rudyard, MI

I worked at TenderCare (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the employees cared for there patients and the therapy was good

Cons

Poor management and a lot of the employees were snobby and didn't care about residents

Advice to Management

Treat everyone fairly not just the kids you babysat for

3. "Management needs to quit showing favoritism and start being managers!"

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Clare, MI
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Clare, MI

Pros

Well, some of the employees worked as a team and we're there for the residents but when census was low, tension was high and then employees were backstabbing one another.

Cons

working with women and women are very caddy, drama in the work place is never a good thing! Hiring family members and some of those family members are lazy and management won't listen when their told that!

Advice to Management

Start being managers and stop being friends with your employees....you say you hate drama but yet most of the managers are the culprits to the drama!

5. "This company was fantastic. They were kind and tried to take care of their employees and their families."

Pros

They have great benefits and family packages. They understand that family comes first and we work to live.

Cons

Can be slow at times which decreases amount of hours available and decreases pay as a result.

Advice to Management

Reconsider productivity standards and offer employees other work options when case load is low.

6. "Management is awful and getting worse"

Pros

Pay is decent. Working with the clients and family has always been great.

Cons

Charting is so bad here. They are currently trying to change the way aides/nurses chart/clock in and out so it is online (it is currently a system where you have to call a number to chart via telephone), using your own smartphone or a device provided through the company. Unfortunately, there is no way for me to communicate with the other aides that work with my client because there is no paper charting. I don't think this will change with the new online charting system, but I may be wrong. When new issues arise with my client, I never hear about it from management or other aides. My client is not verbal and is unable to communicate (as is the case for many clients) so communication between health care providers is crucial to provide optimal patient care. Ultimately, this problem aligns with the issue of Tendercare not caring about their clients at all. I have personally seen and heard from others about clients being told to go with other home health agencies. Tendercare is short staffed and does not do a good job of recruiting or hiring reliable, competent workers. Some people don't show up for work shifts and Tendercare struggles to find someone to fill in. There have been many, many times when my clients have not had a care giver for hours because Tendercare couldn't find someone to cover the shift, after a worker asked for the day off (due to illness, death in the family, etc). Another issue is how holidays are scheduled/covered. Basically with the way it is set up, if it is your day of the week to work and a holiday falls on that day, you work that day. However, this means that some aides are unlucky and the holidays happen to only fall on the days of the week that one person works (for example, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New year's day all fell on a Thursday this year). Naturally, people ask for holidays off and Tendercare allows that person to take the day off without first making sure they are able to fill the shift. Many times, my client has had no one work for a holiday and the family is stuck doing all the care for the client, which is not a realistic expectation for many families (due to physical disabilities, their own schedules, etc) and is a problem with Tendercare not holding up their part of the contract when agreeing to provide home health services for the clients.

Advice to Management

Hire more competent workers! Increase the wages so people actually want to work here. Recruit at nursing schools or around college campuses so you can hire people who are truly interested in the health care industry and are interested in advancing their careers.
    Show more compassion for the clients and their families. I am very disturbed by what I have seen from Tendercare and their lack of compassion for their clients (not getting shifts filled, telling people to go with other home health agencies, etc).
    Get a better system for charting so that aides and nurses can communicate amongst each other and function as a unit. This will increase client care and client and employee satisfaction.
    Have stricter policies on how holidays are covered and do it on a rotational shift so it is not one person being stuck working all the holidays, while other workers do not work any holidays.

7. "working here was only worth it for the children."

Pros

the children, relaitonships iwht parents.

Cons

management had inappropriate behavior with staff.

Advice to Management

immature behavior and silent treatments of employees does not solve problems.

8. "Enjoyable place to work and mgmt. was courteous and helpful."

Former Employee - CNA in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - CNA in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at TenderCare part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This job provides a very self set Flexible schedule, on the job training, competitive decent wages and wonderful company to work for.

Cons

This job is a non benefited job, does not offer personal medical dental vision insurance or any insurance however it does allow you to compensate for gas mileage but it is on a paycheck a few weeks after you actually travel so if you cant afford to get to somewhere far and they offer you mileage it isn't until 2 weeks from then you get payed.

9. "My experience at Tendercare has not been a good one."

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Midland, MI
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Midland, MI

I have been working at TenderCare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is a lot of teamwork in this facitlity.

Cons

Management are very unprofessional to their employees and treat them very badly.

Advice to Management

Some of the people who are running this facility need to learn how to treat people like people.

10. "Overworked, underpaid, but love the environment."

Pros

I love my co-workers and patients, don't actually hate going to work.

Cons

NO RAISES. Years of employment and no advancing at all.

Advice to Management

More incentives so the little guy who care about their job doesn't keep getting screwed.

11. "Staffing Coordinator"

Current Employee - Staffing Coordinator in Kalamazoo, MI
    Current Employee - Staffing Coordinator in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at TenderCare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Shitty place to work, but a job is a job....

Cons

Everything and anything, the best part about the job is the residents.

Advice to Management

Shut down or higher better managers