Tendercare Home Health Services Reviews

Updated Dec 7, 2020

3.8
Tendercare Home Health Services President and Administrator Leslie Deitchman (no image)
Leslie Deitchman
  1. "HOME HEALTH"

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse

I have been working at Tendercare Home Health Services full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great place to work, family friendly company.

Cons

No group insurance other than MEC

2. "Company review"

Former Employee - RN Case Manager in Coalgate, OK

I worked at Tendercare Home Health Services part-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly and knowledgeable office staff

Cons

Poor communication within company. Poor orientation and training.

3. "Great Company!!"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at Tendercare Home Health Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I can’t say enough good things about Tendercare! The owners/managers truly care about their employees and their clients. You can basically pick your own schedule which is great for employees with young families. Wonderful company!

Cons

They offer a stipend for insurance and they can’t compete with big hospitals. I worked in hospitals for 13 years and wouldn’t consider going back though. This is the most fulfilling job that I have ever had.

4. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Office Staff in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Tendercare Home Health Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Family owned and operated Company really cares about the patients and employees

Cons

The company is great, no complaints

Continue reading
  5. "Great company to work for"

Former Employee - Staff RN in Cicero, IN

I worked at Tendercare Home Health Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible hours, great office staff, good pay

Cons

None that I can think of

6. "Nurse"

Licensed Practical Nurse

I worked at Tendercare Home Health Services for more than 10 years

Pros

Great company. Good training. Flexible schedule.

Cons

Low wages for License practical nurses

7. "Home Health Aide"

I have been working at Tendercare Home Health Services part-time

Pros

- Great with working around schedules - Give as many hours as you want - Friendly management

Cons

A lot of employee call offs

August 2, 2018Financial Business Manager

Thank you for your great review! We are very happy that you are enjoying your time at Tendercare! It is because of amazing employees like you that we have been in business for 25 years, and been voted a top workplace by the IndyStar for 4 out of the last 5 years. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please reach out to our staff, we are more than happy to work with all our employees so that they have, or continue to have, an amazing work experience! God Bless!

"Dont recommend"

1.0

I worked at Tendercare Home Health Services full-time

Pros

Yearly bonus...for now. Casual dress code.

Cons

No health benefits most use marketplace for health insurance you get supplemental wage but it ends up costing you more in the end. High turnover. Poor and inconsistent communication. Takes on cases without appropriate staffing. Family-owned business and family brings young children in the office daily and it's very disruptive to work days. Numerous family and family friends employed there. Poor management. Poor work environment. Some may even say it borderlines bullying and intimidation. Owners lack the desire to make it a good work environment. Profit driven lack of interest in employees concerns or needs. Claims family oriented, however, seems to be moving in a different direction. Questionable business practices.

Continue reading

August 2, 2018Financial Business Manager

Thank you for your review, we are very sorry that you had such a poor experience with Tendercare. We work diligently to make every employee and patient experience the best possible. By doing this, we have been a top workplace for 4 out of the last 5 years. We take care of many of the sickest patients in Indiana, and most of those patients are children on vents and trachs that have a Medicaid benefit. Unfortunately, Medicaid is the lowest ($) payor source, so we have had to make benefit sacrifices while we work with the local government to increase the funding. We have had to turn away 130 patients, just this year (Jan-July 2018), because of a lack of staff. We do everything we can to make sure we don't take cases that we can not staff. Unfortunately, we have turnover from time to time, and it can create staffing issues. But, if you be willing to call into Tendercare at 317-251-0700, we would be happy to speak with you and continue to learn and improve. We will always move to increase patient care and employee satisfaction because that is the best way to do business. God Bless!

9. "Can be a good company"

2.0
    Former Employee - Pca in Douglas, GA

I worked at Tendercare Home Health Services part-time for more than a year

Pros

They will work you as much as you want

Cons

They do not want to pay like they are supposed to and will try to write you up or drop your schedule for calling in (for a child, illness, etc.)

July 30, 2018Financial Business Manager

I am sorry but I believe you posted on the wrong page, we are located out of Indianapolis Indiana. You are looking for the Tendercare agency out of https://www.tendercare-inc.com/contact_us.html office out of Douglas Georgia. Our company and there's are not affiliated in any way.

10. "business"

1.0

I worked at Tendercare Home Health Services full-time

Pros

No pros for this company

Cons

Management styles were inconsistent, micromanagement, and favored family. This is a family owned business. Often times the babies and kids of the family owners disrupted daily business. Often times scheduled new patients when nurses and/or aides were not available.

August 2, 2018Financial Business Manager

Thank you for your review, we are very sorry that you had such a poor experience with Tendercare. We work diligently to make every employee and patient experience the best possible. By doing this, we have been voted, by our employees, to be a top workplace for 4 out of the last 5 years by the IndyStar. From time to time, there are children in the office, we are very sorry this caused a poor work environment. Many of the staff have enjoyed the lightheartedness of having children in the office on the rare occasions they come into the office. If you be willing to call into Tendercare at 317-251-0700, we would be happy to speak with you and continue to learn and improve. We will always solicite feedback so we can continue to increase patient care and employee satisfaction because that is the best way to do business. God Bless!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 13 English Reviews