Tenet Healthcare Reviews in Palm Springs, CA | Glassdoor

Tenet Healthcare Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Trevor Fetter
Trevor Fetter

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work-life balance is non-existent (in 10 reviews)

• Zero recognition for any of your hard work or detication to excellent patient care (in 14 reviews)

"Great learning experience."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palm Springs, CA

Pros

Talented and professional coworkers. Variety of diagnises. Great learning experience.

Cons

There seemed to have been many management changes that frustrated long term employees.

Advice to Management

Listen to long term employees. Seek their input.

"buyer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palm Springs, CA

I worked at Tenet Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

a big opportunity on growth and travelling

Cons

beneifts need a lot of improvement

Advice to Management

more investment in training

Tenet Healthcare Response

Jun 28, 2017 – Recruitment & HR Operations

We are sorry to hear about your experience with your training and benefits as a Tenet Healthcare employee. We do think of our employees as our greatest asset and are always looking to improve our... More

"Working for Tenet"

Current Employee - Lcsw in Palm Springs, CA
    Current Employee - Lcsw in Palm Springs, CA

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Working for Tenet had been a good experience so far. Looking forward in growing with this company and learning new skills.

Cons

The company should consider paying holidays off so that employees are able to build more PTO for personal time and sick leave. This has not been easy to accept

Advice to Management

Social workers should receive more compensation for their work. As professionals their work is overlooked and they are often underpaid. I believe management should consider this greatly

Tenet Healthcare Response

Feb 3, 2017 – Recruitment & HR Operations

We are committed to providing our colleagues with an enriching and rewarding environment, and we're thrilled to know of your experience. The healthcare industry - while extremely rewarding - does... More

4. "Tenet is a great company to work for!"

Former Employee - Food Service in Palm Springs, CA
    Former Employee - Food Service in Palm Springs, CA

I worked at Tenet Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The excellent training was extremely helpful along with being practical. Many things I learned will always be remembered and an advantage in other work environments.

Cons

I was not given any verbal or written warnings about my time clock issues and was discharged the last day of my probation period.

Advice to Management

This was actually Morrison; as I worked in the kitchen cooking. I really liked the job and felt proud working at the hospital.

5. "Learned a lot about the business of health care"

Former Employee - Director in Palm Springs, CA
    Former Employee - Director in Palm Springs, CA

Pros

Tightly run, disciplined business practices

Cons

Very difficult to move around in the organization.

"Tenet Healthcares REAL Performance & Improvement Plan"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Palm Springs, CA
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Palm Springs, CA

Pros

Tenet Healthcare is a fairly good corporate employer for the following reasons:
    1. Healthcare is a necessity of life, and jobs are almost always available; excesive cut backs have not been a concern for this corporation.
    2. The benefits, while downzied during economic turmoil, are still competitive. These include health insurance, 401K, tuition reimbursement, accidental/life insurance.
    3. Managment tends to relate to employees personal needs (i.e. child care, sick time, personal days), and seem to make accomodations for a work / life balance.
    4. The company values those who seek further education and seem to promote a learning environment.
    5. Because of the incentives for learning and personal growth, Tenet seems to find room for employees to grow and move up after completion of degree programs or certifications.

Cons

Some of the downsides of working for Tenet Healthcare include the following:
    1. As seen in many corporations, Tenet has some administrators or managers that have been around for too long. Sadly, these people add nothing more to the departments than nostalgia of times past. In an effort to maintain competiveness in any given industry, a corporation must be willing to identify problems and implement effective policies and procedures to correct the problem. As such, employees may find recurrent "fires" or problems in departments that cannot be put out. This can cause frustration among the staff.
    2. While education is valued and reimbursed by Tenet, do not expect management to advise you of newly opened positions. They will not show an employee the way out if it does not suit their interests.

Advice to Management

In light of the afore mentioned issues, I would suggest the following to the administrators of Tenet Healthcare:
    1. Remove or reassign ineffective administrators or managers. Information can be obtained by improving or expanding upon the questions given in the annual employee satisfaction survey, or by hiring a consulting firm. I would highly recommend the latter, as internal sources may be biased, providing unreliable or inaccurate data.
    2. Create a bulliten board designed especially for those who are seeking further education. Post notes and letters on this board (which can be either physical or web-based) informing employees of new positions or helpful hints that can lead them to success within the organization.