KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Add a Review

Tenet Healthcare Reviews

Updated May 24, 2022

Found 1,146 of over 1,199 reviews

Tenet Healthcare Executive Chairman and CEO Ronald A. Rittenmeyer (no image)
Ronald A. Rittenmeyer

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Benefits were good and reasonably priced(in 100 reviews)
  • "The pay was good and I enjoyed the 5 years I spent with this company.(in 67 reviews)
  • "Meet great people and provide service to employees.(in 54 reviews)
  • "Salary is good but it’s not everything(in 27 reviews)
  • "The staff is great and will help challenge you to grow.(in 22 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Tenet Healthcare and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great work enviorment

Mar 19, 2022 - Clinical Lab Assistant in San Antonio, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Team work that delivers great patient care.

Cons

Advancement is limited without schooling.

Recruitment and HR Operations

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are thrilled to hear you’re happy in your role at Tenet Healthcare.

2. 3.0

Medical Benefits are amazing ..Fast Paced

Apr 13, 2022 - Healthcare Worker
    Business Outlook

Pros

Medical benefits are amazing. PTO (% on hours andbyour wage) Sick Leave(% of hours and wage less than pto)

Cons

Fast Turn around of employees Seasoned,skilled excellent employees are starting to or have already left, (amazing people that have worked under plenty of administration's, but this current administration that has been around for more than they should) Losing The most complimented people that have years of service But because they get paid more..well..let's just say if they want you out...they will dig and find their way to have you resign or fire you. No incentive for the the over ratio'd nursing staff Or the rest of the core staff that work short all the time, yet they offer bonuses to get people to come in.. Hey here's an idea..why not give the people that do double the work a bit extra of a shift bonus maybe people won't call off as much..CHANGE THE CULTURE OF THE ADMIN CLIQUES..and Change the culture on how management favors others...Listen to the little people...their the ones that matter and are in the face of the patients more!!! Respect. We are the ones that are the faces of Tenet..show us you Value us. We are starting to leave for lower wages just to feel that we matter and that we are valued...Who cares about the parking spots...... Everything is because "we don't have the budget" That's right..For Profit. Also. .the ones that have been there for over 10 years are still hanging by a thread hoping some of the cliqueeeee admin will move on and resign...go else where...your driving all the good ones away....Admin doesn't even come to the units anymore to show their faces....what happen to that

3 people found this review helpful

Recruitment and HR Operations

It is important that our employees feel they are always heard. We are sorry to hear about your experience but appreciate you voicing your concern. We have shared your feedback with our leadership team, but we also encourage you to discuss this with your supervisor.

3. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

A Failing Business Model

May 24, 2022 - Surgical Coordinator in Kansas City, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Interesting work, opportunity to learn about healthcare and business operations analytics.

Cons

The company doesn't care about their employees, they care about their dollars. During COVID, I was working 4 peoples jobs, yet had to fight for a $1.00/hr raise. Because of the way COVID affected healthcare, Tenet had to make business decisions when it comes to revenue. They chose to keep their employees at lower-than-average wages (this goes for yearly inflation). Our insurance policies skyrocketed. Turnover rates are incredibly high, but they don't seem to care about keeping their good employees - they'd rather replace the employee than consider compensating fairly.

4. 4.0

Decent Work Environment

May 23, 2022 - Registered Nurse
    Business Outlook

Pros

Willing to work with your schedule.

Cons

Lots of patients, not a lot of nurses or CNAs. Staffing ratios are heavy which leads to heavy workload.

5. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

It's quantity folks, not quality...

May 18, 2022 - LVN in Joshua Tree, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits keep you coming back like you're whipped; free healthcare, a matched 401K plan, great PTO and sick days, work flexibility for a nice work-life balance, good co-workers, and nice sized bonuses to pick up extra shifts.

Cons

Like any nursing home, very short staffed; un-bothered management, burnt out staff, no opportunities for growth in your job title, not great hourly wages, a pizza party in lieu of what's needed.

6. 3.0
    Former Employee

Eh

May 18, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Palm Beach Gardens, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people I worked with and the community I served were the only reasons I stayed. Amazing coworkers

Cons

Always short staffed, short of supplies, nothing to feed a diabetic patient after 7, garbage and linen pick up and delivery iffy, change of shift chaotic with patients coming and going, not even HUCs to answer the phone, or move a patient in the computer. I can’t imagine what Covid was like here.

Recruitment and HR Operations

It is important that our employees feel they are always heard. We are sorry to hear about your experience but appreciate you voicing your concern. We have shared your feedback with our leadership team.

7. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good company but typical corporate cracks

May 20, 2022 - Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) in San Antonio, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great staff, great benefits, decent accrual of PTO.

Cons

Benefits are costly with family, raises do not compare to inflation and new hire pay.

8. 4.0

Personal experience

May 19, 2022 - Phlebotomist in Schertz, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Medical benefits are mostly covered as long as a tenet facility/provider is used

Cons

No overtime, no bonuses up until this past christmas.

9. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great Company

May 20, 2022 - Data Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work Environment, management team, benefits. Jordon was a great manager to work for.

Cons

downtown corporate location was more convenient than new location for commuters.

10. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Runs companies into the Ground

May 24, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

constantly changing supply companies (central supply/stock, linen, dietary, environmental)

Cons

Cutting financial corners - poorly impacting patient care and staff work environment

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,146 Reviews

Tenet Healthcare Reviews FAQs

Tenet Healthcare has an overall rating of 3.0 out of 5, based on over 1,199 reviews left anonymously by employees. 43% of employees would recommend working at Tenet Healthcare to a friend and 41% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Tenet Healthcare employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Tenet Healthcare. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

43% of Tenet Healthcare employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Tenet Healthcare 2.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.9 for culture and values and 3.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Tenet Healthcare to be career development, coworkers, benefits and the cons to be culture, senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with Tenet Healthcare Job Seekers