Tenet Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor

2.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Tenet Healthcare Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Trevor Fetter
Trevor Fetter

Pros
  • Work/Life balance is very important to the company (in 9 reviews)

• Excellent pay and benefits thanks to Seiu healthcare union, excellent doctors, nurses and allied staff (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is non-existent (in 8 reviews)

• They don't care much about patient care once again all money (in 12 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great employee"

Current Employee - Regional Director of Operations in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Regional Director of Operations in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare (More than a year)

Pros

Senior leadership very knowledgeable and easy to work with. good pay and benefits. Hotel accommodations and travel application easy to work with

Cons

The future of the company is unpredictable and they do occasionally have layoffs. Although this is not a con they do provide severance packages as needed

"How good caring community hospitals are ruined by greed, and what is your price to sell your profession RN's?"

Current Employee - Staff RN in Hickory, NC
    Current Employee - Staff RN in Hickory, NC

Pros

In my area you learn about the state laws on the right to work laws. I have learned to do much with little.

Cons

lack of respect for patients needs and concern for staff. They are for profit, and this is evident in the way they treat their staff,I do not know about every Tenet facility, but we have seen them take a wonderful community hospital, and ruin it for their own profit and greed. They do not practice what they are forced to preach such as ETHICS. come to Frye Regional in Hickory nc and just sit back and wzatch how ethical they are. They lack MORALES, Staff concern, and most of all they reaaly do not value patients, only the $$$ that they represent, as evident of massive benefit and staff cuts, such as OR cleaners, Nurse's with terrible patient ratios. The staff is finally defeated with a get what you pay for attitude, which was developed over many years.

Advice to Management

Please wake up and see that you are going about this all wrong, you are like the Emperors new clothes, you look good on the out side, but YOU ARE NEKKID!

"Good company, but internal audit department has a lot of problems. Avoid it like the plague."

Former Employee - Senior Auditor in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Auditor in Dallas, TX

Pros

Salary not bad, lots of travel to semi-interesting places

Cons

Management constantly playing favorites and throwing disliked employees under the bus, atmosphere of intrigue and suspicion, finger-pointing and ineptitude

Advice to Management

quit.

5. "Hospital is great but department management was horrible"

Current Employee - Clinician in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Clinician in Atlanta, GA

Pros

1. work schedule is flexible if you have seniority
    2. co-workers are great to work with.

Cons

1. department management is unprofessional
    2. lack management capabilities
    3. department management is very demoralizing

6. "Do more!!"

Current Employee - Radiology in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Radiology in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are no good points

Cons

No matter what you do, it's never enough!

"Horrible management!"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Small hospital with feel of a family atmosphere among employees. Caring and skilled physicians.

Cons

Upper management is horrible. Money hungry, greedy management who lacks any concern for patient care. Not a place to work if you are a patient advocate.

Advice to Management

My advice for Doctor's Hospital at White Rock Lake in Dallas would be to get organized, treat your patients, physicians, and staff with respect. There seems to be a total lack of respect for staff at this hospital. We are deceived, manupilated, taken advantage of, poorly staffed and did I mention deceived? Many of your long time employees feel they are being forced to look elsewhere for jobs by an administration team that just does not care that they are losing dedicated and loyal employees. I have worked at this hospital for 16 years and have always said this place is my heart. Not anymore...my heart has been ripped from my chest one to many times by poor management in the last 5 years.

8. "Registered Medical Assistant"

Current Employee - Registered Medical Assistant in Jupiter, FL
    Current Employee - Registered Medical Assistant in Jupiter, FL

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits is all this company has to offer

Cons

under staffed,private office practice. poor management, unfair working environment, your opinion does not matter! It's not what you know but who you know...

Advice to Management

Get qualified managers with a degree in health administration. Evaluate the survey's that the employee's fill out!!! Maybe send a floater to observe the managers from corporate. Like they do on the show under cover bosses. "You will be shocked"

"Toxic Culture"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Tenet Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Large company with many people around the country.

Cons

Disorganized. Treat managers and staff poorly. Incompetent Leaders. Giant executive money train. Hospitals are trashy, worn down and unclean.

Advice to Management

Sell

"Disheartening"

I worked at Tenet Healthcare full-time

Pros

They finally went to computerized charting, only because the government made them.

Cons

Greedy, they don't care about patients,, constantly understaffed,the nurses get in trouble for not answering the phone on time,passing out meds to the patients and answering the call light all this at the same time. Nurses are blamed for patients sending In bad reviews. 6-7 patients to one nurse, no care partner, phlebotomy barely comes to work and nurses have to do their job, management is clueless, mean, nasty, not fair and some racism allegations have been noted.

Advice to Management

Sell the company, treat your workers right and with respect and if you can't then QUIT

"NEVER EVER work for this company"

I worked at Tenet Healthcare full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I now work for a company that appreciates their employees and treats them like professionals.

Cons

Was WRONGFULLY TERMINATED from a job I had with this company for 17 years. No warning, no HR intervention..nothing. I had no whatsoever "write up's" on my record. I was terminated by an agency "hit" CNO who had been there less than a month. Amazingly enough after all was said and done, after I had lost my job, the other people involved were either let go or given the option to "retire" or be terminated. Fascinating and completely unprofessional. And after almost 3 years I am still amazed. The person brought in to do this was THE MOST bitter and hateful person I had ever seen! Unbelievable but true.

Advice to Management

Get a clue.