Tenet Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated September 21, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work-life balance is non-existent (in 10 reviews)

• Zero recognition for any of your hard work or detication to excellent patient care (in 14 reviews)

1. "Medical Technologist"

Former Employee - Medical Technologist in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Medical Technologist in Detroit, MI

Pros

Some benefits are good like vacation but are being lost every year.

Cons

Corporate management only cares about the bottom line and will cut any person or benefit to achieve this. This is not sour grapes this is a corporate structure that robs from the poor to give to the board. The amount of federal investigations they have had will tell the truth.

Advice to Management

Get out before you are a statistic.

"Only Cares About Profit, Not Patient Care Or Employees!"

Current Employee - Patient Account Representative in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Patient Account Representative in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

No pros for Tenet since they bought our hospital...they've cut employees and make the remaining employees cut hours and expect them to do two jobs on a part-time basis!

Cons

Care only about "billable tasks" even if half an employees job in a hospital cannot be billed so patient care is compromised and employees left struggling and stressed to maintain standard of care.

Advice to Management

Quit worrying about only your bonuses abd focus on quality of care and employee satisfaction....Tenet is a profit-driven multibillion dollar corporation but healthcare and hospitals should not be only about profits...if this is the way of the future for healthcare, then we are all in trouble!

"Too much stress"

Current Employee - Patient Account Representative in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Patient Account Representative in Detroit, MI

Pros

Hard to find, hopefully things will change before Tenet sells our facility.

Cons

Not enough employees to get the work done. High employee turnover due to stress. No training for new employees. Being threatened to be fired if you cannot collect money.
    Employees need to be included in the Review and Revamp. of processes that do not work.

Dead end job, no room for advancement..

Advice to Management

Stop looking at employees as dollar bills. Stop firing long time employee's who have experience, and hiring those with no experience within the healthcare field..
      Come and work in the department's to see what it is like. Do on site reviews on the Directors to see how they are treating employees.
    Employees should be able to rate management to improve relationships.

"Not recommended"

Current Employee - IT Business Analyst in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - IT Business Analyst in Dallas, TX

Pros

They pay well.
    standard 2 weeks PTO and nine company holidays.
    I don't have much else

Cons

I feel like everyone on my floor only shows up for the paycheck. That's no judgement, I just need a purpose beyond $ to get up in the AM. We never talk about patients or the impact what we do has on them.

The place is so big and so many people are confused it takes months to learn where to go for anything. Half the company support is outsourced to Dell and no one ever seems to know who does what. I sit by 20 people and maybe 2 are actual Tenet employees. The rest are contractors from various companies. It makes the culture bland, $ centered and depressing. No one has any fun at work because everyone works as if a 2 minutes break will get them fired.

They pay well...because their health insurance is expensive. I've never worked for a healthcare company with worse insurance. Feeling like I can't protect my loved ones is a cause of great stress.

They don't offer tuition reimbursement which makes me feel like they aren't interested in employee personal growth, but that could be me.

401K match is 50% up to first 6% but it requires that you be with the company 1000 hours before you qualify.. Basically if you get hired at the wrong time it might be two years before you're eligible for a match.

Advice to Management

Work harder to develop a patient centered culture

"What's patient care? Where's the $$"

Former Employee - Radiologic Technologist in Modesto, CA
    Former Employee - Radiologic Technologist in Modesto, CA

I worked at Tenet Healthcare full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Excellent pay and benefits thanks to Seiu healthcare union, excellent doctors, nurses and allied staff.

Cons

Management is greedy, slave drivers who bully employees and track there every move. This billion dollar company cares more about making that almighty dollar than treating patients

Advice to Management

Find some rope and a tree..

"Disappointing"

I worked at Tenet Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits offered were pretty good, they had resources, they just weren't cumbersome to navigate through. The physicians were very nice and the HR department was helpful and great at offering guidance.

Cons

No transparency, no training, structure. For such a large company I'm surprised at the lack of Leadership and direction. They do the complete opposite of setting you up for success. This was one of the worst places I have ever worked at in the past 25 years.clear set of expectations

Advice to Management

Offer a training program, set clear and realistic expectations and operate with integrity.

"This company has no true understanding of healthcare. They only understand profit."

Former Employee - Physician in Palm Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Physician in Palm Beach, FL

I worked at Tenet Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

None. They are a large company

Cons

Poor pay, overworking is expected. Then they fire you after 4 years

Advice to Management

Listen to the doctors and the community, not your profit shareholders

"Dissapointed"

Pros

Not much, maybe some few nice staff remained to work on some units.

Cons

Where to begin? Poor administration that didn't care much about the staff, making money was their first priority, no transperency regarding important changes, no employee support, minimal education for staff. Horrible culture in some units. Stressful environment to work with some staff members.

Advice to Management

Working in healthcare is about compassion, caring, leadership, having the capacity to listen, to want to learn and improuve. If you don't have these qualities maybe it's not the right job for you.

"hospital"

I worked at Tenet Healthcare full-time

Pros

work hours, small campus, easy to navigate.

Cons

company's cultures promotes bad behavior.

"Staff registered nurse"

Current Employee - RN Staff Nurse in Bartlett, TN
    Current Employee - RN Staff Nurse in Bartlett, TN

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The staff are wonderful to work with! From housekeeping to RN, they are the glue. The location is desirable and the parking is free.

Cons

The management lacks continuity. Policies and procedures are a "cut and paste" from another facility; administration falsely reports infection rates to be zero, and doesn't seem to care about patients, only the share holder's bottom line. RNs typically have 7-8 high acuity patients and the charge nurse always has an assignment that is just as heavy - so they can't help their fellow nurses out.

Advice to Management

Patient care is supposed to be what we are about. Cutting corners to save a few pennies, staffing units unsafely, and ignoring staff concerns will eventually lead to more sentinel events than have already happened.