Tenet Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated December 13, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work-life balance is non-existent (in 12 reviews)

• Zero recognition for any of your hard work or detication to excellent patient care (in 14 reviews)

1. "Good"

Current Employee - Medical Receptionist in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Medical Receptionist in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Schedule, Not micromanaging, Flexible

Cons

Wish the pay was more

2. "Compliance"

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time

Pros

Good company, good environment. People are friendly.

Cons

Not much potential to move up, management changes quickly.

"Finally Getting Its Just Desserts"

Former Employee - Senior Director in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Director in Dallas, TX

I worked at Tenet Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Above average salaries for senior level people. More annual holidays than most companies offer these days.

Cons

Horrible downtown location with crappy parking for people who have less than 15 years of experience or who aren't senior leaders. The parking garage is dangerous and my friends have had their cars vandalized. Not safe. Crappy 401k match. Non-existent stock program and options because the senior leaders have mismanaged things so badly that the stock isn't worth jack. Arrogant, self-serving, egotistical, unethical leaders (mostly those closest to the now-departing CEO) who get away with childish, unprofessional, spoiled behavior while the employees suffer for it. No room for advancement unless you are in the small "chosen circle" of people liked by senior leaders. HR leaders brag about owning culture. They should be instead hiding the fact that they are responsible for the most pitiful lack of positive culture. People operate from fear and a desire to backstab to protect themselves. HR will respond to this review saying, "Call so-and-so to further discuss your concerns." The person they list to call is part of the same long-term problem, as are many people in HR.. People are sometimes hired on looks instead of capabilities. There is ageism throughout the company. They just slashed regional management, a market CEO and have laid off people, all because the company was bloated and spending money on the wrong things. Very poor leadership, which is now coming home to roost. Public Affairs leadership is the opposite of what it should be - also arrogant, spoiled, tyrannical, tactical, practices favortism. Wouldn't know good public affairs practice if it hit them in the mouth. Public Affairs leadership should be wiped clean along with the other leaders who are going away soon or have already been terminated. The company is being stripped down to get rid of the debt caused by poor management, and being prepared to be sold to hopefully a better company. I feel sorry for people who work there now. There are good people who will suffer because of what senior leaders have brought about. And yet, departing leaders will have the most ridiculously large severance packages, while other rank and file employees can barely get by - and they're the ones caring for patients each day. Something is fishy with this outcome!

Advice to Management

Your failure to lead, and your arrogance and poor employee treatment, has brought you to where you are now. Maybe you'll learn from this miserable time and be better wherever you land next - that is - if you don't retire from all that insane severance pay you're receiving. Consider treating employees like the mature, intelligent people they are. Stop practicing obvious ageism. All people have value in the company. Not just the young 20-somethings that you find attractive. Learn to trust and let other people lead in areas where they are good. Stop micromanaging because...how has that worked out for you so far? Potential employees - get the heck away from this company and go elsewhere. Do your research online and see how bad this company and its leaders have been. It's just starting - get out now, or don't ever go to Tenet in the first place. There are far better places in DFW with real cultures, real good leaders and real careers. Stay away from Tenet.

Oct 25, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for leaving an honest review. We will review these issues raised.

4. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Medical Technologist in Nacogdoches, TX
    Current Employee - Medical Technologist in Nacogdoches, TX

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-great team of people
    -organized
    -focus on patient care and processes using legit data collection from customer feedback
    -excellent benefits

Cons

None that I can think of

Advice to Management

Love the GEMBA boards. They are a big help in fixing problems.

Sep 22, 2017 – Human Resources

We may be biased but couldn't agree more. We are committed to providing our colleagues with an enriching and rewarding environment, and we're thrilled to know of your experience. Thank you for your... More

"Typical Old-School Corporate Gig: Exhausting, Toxic and Tone Deaf"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Tenet Healthcare full-time

Pros

Higher than average salary; a few good folks in C-suite leadership

Cons

Typical old-school corporate environment. No employee development program. Training and talent program is lackluster and embarrassing, which, in turn, promotes an environment of unapologetic back-stabbing and infighting among employees and leadership. Really, really surreal to watch directors stab VPs stab other VPs and SVPs. I thought management books just made up these scenarios for teaching purposes. Nope! At Tenet it's live action corporate toxicity 24/7. There was even an entire team of VPs and directors, none of whom received merit promotions -- and most employees on the floor knew these "leaders" were promoted only because they threatened to leave. To top if off, Tenet's use of technological solutions is almost non-existent, primarily because the CEO gave away huge contracts to his old college buddies whose companies are shamefully behind the times and overpriced. Pretty incredible to watch a $10 billion healthcare company being effortlessly set up for failure by boys in business suits.

Advice to Management

Too many barriers in leadership to overcome at this point. Sell the company and try again another day.

"Behavioral Health Tech"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Works 3 days a week; sometimes off 8 consecutive days

Cons

12 hour shifts; dysfunction; severe lack of communication; pay is terrible; nurses are lazy; job description may be misleading or false; severely under staffed; revolving door for employment.

Advice to Management

Learn how to properly and professionally manage.

"Run of the mill heatlhcare"

Current Employee - Supervisor in El Paso, TX
    Current Employee - Supervisor in El Paso, TX

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great facility
    Younger leadership team
    Potential to be different

Cons

Same Big Healthcare Business
    No innovation

Advice to Management

Eliminate the entitlement and nepotism and listen to the individuals that actually make a difference to your customer satisfaction and profit margin.

Sep 20, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for leaving an honest review about management. It is important that our employees feel they can be heard at all times. We will share this with hospital leadership to address your concerns.

"Former Physician Owned Facility Buyout"

Current Employee - HIM Physician Liaison in Sunnyvale, TX
    Current Employee - HIM Physician Liaison in Sunnyvale, TX

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Promises of additional monies for raises and salaries, better administrative structure, additional payors and vendors.

Cons

Redistribution of accountability, communication issues with old vs. new policies.

Advice to Management

When involved with takeovers of facilities, it would be helpful to communicate truthfully any and all expectations (of yours or theirs) with the acquired facility staff in a timely fashion. Rather than set high hopes, only to turn around and sell portions of the facility behind closed doors to other hospital groups for any reason, transparency is a must. Instead, those of us left manning the ship have imaginary titles given to us in lieu of appropriate pay with little hope of resolution to any issues that arise as a result of transitions or as a matter of course.

Sep 22, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear about your experience but appreciate you voicing your concern. We encourage all of our employees to discuss these situations with management and HR... More

9. "Great Place to Work!!!"

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare part-time

Pros

Flexible scheduling and great benefits!

Cons

Staff issues.....but that is anywhere

"Not terrible, not great"

I worked at Tenet Healthcare full-time

Pros

Compensation is decent, tolerable work-life balance

Cons

Poorly performing sector, several recent layoffs and poor long-term outlook

Sep 19, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for your review. Career growth is important to us, and we're always looking for opportunities to reward hard work and loyalty. We encourage all employees to discuss career growth... More