Tenet Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor

Tenet Healthcare Reviews

Updated October 20, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Compensation is decent, tolerable work-life balance (in 10 reviews)

• good benefits and good people to work with (in 17 reviews)

Cons

"Profits over Patients 100% of the time"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse

Pros

Unionized Hospital and pay is very good for Registered NurseStaff. The hospital that I work at is a busy trauma center so its good learning environment the work is varied and interesting. Recently invested in a lift team due to California Law not because they wanted to.

Cons

You work in terrible conditions for the pay. The exceptions are set way too high and given the scarcity of resources. Limited supplies, old equipment that doesn't function properly. On a daily basis including taking care of critically ill and unstable patients you have do all menial clerical tasks, no nursing assistants, no Physical Therapy. The hospital is also very dirty. This includes but is not limited to answering telephones, printing progress notes, answering the door, counseling family members, and generally the lack of resources leads to an unsafe working environment for the staff and patients. I have been in nursing 5 years and I received my first injury at this hospital and have been assaulted by patients on numerous occasions with management discouraging its reporting or seeking treatment.

Advice to Management

Focus on providing patient centered care first. The focus on lean management and profits is over the top and not good for our patients, their families, community, and employees. The results of this type of Profit centered healthcare are evident. Patient falls, central line infections, and a staggering amount of bed sores. I wouldn't take a love one here or receive treatment here myself it is frightening the care that is given at this health facility why do you think the State of California is here constantly investigating the care. Stop trying to squeeze every penny and get away with being barely legal and get up to standards and just do what is right for our patients.

"Terrible Company"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Modesto, CA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Modesto, CA

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time

Pros

Fair pay for this area, 401K, some cheap benefit options, easy to advance and gain raises, offers continuing education

Cons

Management is filled with terrible bullies who work nurses to the breaking point. Nurses are constantly worked in unsafe conditions with high and illegal patient ratios and management refuses and is unqualified to help. Breaks and lunches are scarce during a 12 hour shift. Management retaliates and bullies any nurse attempting to speak up about these unsafe conditions. It is a culture of fear and intimidation, which is not good for nurses or patients. I would never allow anyone I care about to be a patient here.

Advice to Management

Get rid of management and hire new managers who actually care about employee morale and patient safety.

"CEO/Associate Administrator"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Worth, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Worth, FL

I worked at Tenet Healthcare (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay was fairly competitive, Benefits are ok, Hospitals were fair, Corporate in Dallas has their act together, Some good people,

Cons

Very poor leadership, very poor understanding of teamwork. Management by fear and intimidation. Very poor understanding of corporate culture, very poor understanding or appreciation of physicians,

Advice to Management

Learn Teamwork, Engage physicians

"Tenet means servitude"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Just a pay check every two weeks.

Cons

The company is run by lawyers. Corporate staff receives more paid holidays than clinical staff. Management time off is indentured servitude.

Advice to Management

Stop flogging the workers who keep the hamster wheel running.

"Terrible company"

Pros

Nothing at all, horrible place to work.

Cons

Nasty office politics. your own boss guilt-tripping you when you get ahead with a promotion. Then laid off for no reason at all.

Advice to Management

Be there on Friday! All upper management takes Friday off as personal days.

"Always understaffed"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Very very fast paced enviornment

Cons

Too much to do and too little time. People are discouraged to take even legal breaks. Sometimes I clock out to finish my job.

"Terrible place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time

Pros

Can't think of anything positive.

Cons

Management doesn't care about issues in departments. No family time because working WAY too much overtime. Everyone looks like they hate their job. Nobody speaks. Lots of group dynamics that make it impossible to do you job.

"Look elsewhere"

Current Employee - Medical Receptionist in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Medical Receptionist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Coworkers only. Thats pretty much it!

Cons

No room for growth, 3%raise.. no opportunity for the ones who have been there for years to advance,but offer it to new hire.

Advice to Management

Offer opportunity for advancement for employees who have been there for years!!

"Coder"

Current Employee - Medical Coder III in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Medical Coder III in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent on-boarding process. Great coder training materials during on-boarding process. Reasonable pay for position.

Cons

Poor management. Poor training after initial on-boarding. Antiquated coding software. Poor communication from management staff. Several I/T issues almost daily resulting in lack of productivity. This company is primarily interesting in their bottom line and not quality. If you're interested in working like a robot this is the place for you.

Advice to Management

Upgrade systems and software. Provide a better training program (more than 2 hrs) for new coders to acclimate to your processes. Respond to emails.

10. "Not about quality patient care"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Hilton Head Island, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Hilton Head Island, SC

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Strong team within our department.

Cons

Never enough staff. Patient safety jeapordized. Admin living in a dream world. Driven by metrics that are based on inaccurate data. No understanding of what the workforce requires to be effective. Admin motivated by bonuses related to keeping staffing at dangerous levels. Computer conversion crammed through a square circle. Nothing validated. Shoot first aim later mentality.

Advice to Management

Look at the real numbers, not what you are told are real. Walk the walk. Network with the minions who do all the grunt work. Take a look at the best practices and support the technology to meet them.