Cover image for Tenet Healthcare

Tenet Healthcare

Engaged Employer

Tenet Healthcare

Add a Review

Tenet Healthcare Employee Reviews about "good benefits"

Updated Nov 11, 2021

Verify your email to use filters. Having problems? Resend email
Found 1,419 of over 1K reviews
2.9
43% Recommend to a Friend
40% Approve of CEO

Found 121 of over 1K reviews

2.9
Tenet Healthcare Executive Chairman and CEO Ronald A. Rittenmeyer (no image)
Ronald A. Rittenmeyer

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on

Healthcare

4h

a

Unit Manager

I was offered 3 jobs at 3 different hospitals in 3 different locations. One is at $24/hr in MA, one is $17/hr in Atl and the other is at $23/hr in NC. I'm not sure which to pick but I really would like to be in GA but coming from NY that pay isn't really cutting it. I asked to negotiate but haven't gotten any feedback and it's been a few days. I called and left a VM with HR but no response. The start dates are quick approaching. MA is a bit expensive and NC seems to be a happy medium. Thoughts?

17 Comments

Healthcare

221.5K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/medicine-2/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Tenet Healthcare~466
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Tenet Healthcare? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Tenet Healthcare employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

What are your colleagues talking about?

Find your private company bowl on Fishbowl, join the hottest conversation with your colleagues anonymously.
Join the Conversation

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Benefits were good and reasonably priced(in 117 reviews)
  • "The pay was good and I enjoyed the 5 years I spent with this company.(in 70 reviews)
  • "Meet great people and provide service to employees.(in 62 reviews)
  • "The staff is great and will help challenge you to grow.(in 35 reviews)
  • "Good salary and nothing else.(in 29 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Tenet Healthcare and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "good benefits"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

micromanaging & toxic leadership

Mar 27, 2023 - Anonymous/Employee in Manila, Manila
    Business Outlook

Pros

- colleagues - light workload - good benefits (health)

Cons

- they won't listen to employee concerns - reviews & complaints here in Glassdoor is being filtered that's why management isn't even aware about the complaints of employees - MICROMANAGING!!! - no growth - inconsistent in implementing rules/regulation in the team - unprofessional leadership - leaders do not respect employees' PTO/Rest day - lack of trust to staffs - unclear KPIs set by leaders - neglect employees whom known to be vocal in raising complaints & concerns

5 people found this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Overall, a good place to work. Better than many other jobs.

Mar 3, 2020 - Clinical Dietitian in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

They offer good health insurance and other benefits.

Cons

Wish there were more raises past the cost of living raise. Very hard to make more money. Seems the cost of living raise is only enough each year to cover the increased costs of benefits every year. I worked for this company for about 6 years and did not end up making any more "take home" money than I did when I first started working due to this reason.

Recruitment and HR Operations

We’re sorry to hear you are dissatisfied with the pay/benefits offered. We do think of our employees as our greatest asset and are always looking to improve our offerings.

3. Join the Tenet Healthcare team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Decent job-Horrible Company

Jan 16, 2021 - Patient Service Representative in Mount Pleasant, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits and insurance packages

Cons

No sick day policies or paid holidays, high turnover, and slow corporate action. Generally upper management does not care for its employees and is quick to use "warm bodies" over skilled staff.

Recruitment and HR Operations

We're sorry to hear this but appreciate your honesty. This will be shared with leadership immediately but also encourage you to discuss with your supervisor.

5. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Bad work environment

Apr 4, 2021 - Registered Nurse, BSN in Turlock, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Salary is good but it’s not everything

Cons

Benefits are not good weak not told till after hire

Recruitment and HR Operations

We appreciate this feedback. This will be shared with leadership immediately.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

One of the best jobs I've EVER had!

Nov 18, 2012 - Occupational Therapist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent work environment. Hospital and managers support continuing education and growth. Managers treat employees with respect and as equals. Unlike most hospitals, this one doesn't work it's employees to death! Insurance and benefits are reasonably priced and overall pretty good especially for prenatal services.

Cons

The patient volume isn't always really high so sometimes we have to "flex" which means we may not work a day or we may only work a half day. For me personally, the salary is high enough that I don't really have to worry too much about it but when there are 2-3 days in a week that I'm leaving after only 3-4 hours it does sometimes make me a little nervous but so far, it has not impacted me in a negative way. Also, the insurance has a deductible which I'm not used to and don't particularly like so I use my spouse's as a secondary. The PTO could be better, its only about 4.93 hours every 2 weeks.

2 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee

Unit Sec

May 14, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible Hours. Teamwork and good benefits

Cons

No cons. The best health company

Recruitment & HR Operations

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback. We appreciate your review.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Performance Improvement Specialist

Jan 6, 2021 - Performance Improvement Specialist in Brownsville, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company has good health insurance and retirement benefits

Cons

Corporate Training resources are scarce.

Recruitment and HR Operations

We appreciate this feedback. We're thrilled to hear you're so happy in your role.

9. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Check the Five Stars?

Apr 13, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

It is curious that the last several five star reviews all have similar wording and "voice" right? Speculating, but the big guy probably didn't like the DMN article highlighting the low moral at Tenet. Google it. Anyways, where to start on the pros...the coffee in the home office is free? They haven't charged us for that yet. Also you get to meet many nice new people in Manila who now do the jobs your friends used to do. The Manila employees are really nice. I am excited for there to be more of them. A pitifully run hospital operator now has a successful ambulatory surgery company to save it? That is also a good thing.

Cons

Any one of these reviews that says the benefits are good is lying to you. Any time the HR toad hops on here to repeat the same four talking points, they are simply not being honest. I'm not mad at them, everyone has a mortgage...but it's still not true. The 401K match is phrased as 50% of 6%. That is if you are lucky. You'll have to work 1000 hours the year before to be eligible, as well as actually be there the one time a year they do the match. That's right, you wont get a monthly or quarterly match from this employer. It's on one day a year...if they don't lay you off or you decided you can't stand it anymore and leave. There are not for profits in the area with better retirement options than this place. C level makes a ton, for doing stuff like making PTO worthless. It used to not be...now it is. Congrats on having pto that doesn't have any value...that your boss might not let you use? You'll get a whopping 5% discount on the employee stock purchase plan. I'm not kidding, it amounts to waiving the fees associated with buying the stock in the first place. Oh and you have to hold for a year. Eventually the payroll slashing, EBITDA boosting, house of cards is coming down. Don't be holding the bag. Another review on here mentioned the possible changes to the health insurance. There's no reward or reimbursement for educational goals either. Or, there may be, but the process is intentionally difficult. I could write books about how the best way to get ahead is be an unquestioning sheep, or be friends with someone from a previous place but I had to get the lies about benefits off my chest.

2 people found this review helpful

Recruitment and HR Operations

Thank you for your feedback. It is important our employees feel they can be heard at all times and we will pass this feedback along to the appropriate departments.

10. 3.0
    Former Employee

Med Tech

Oct 6, 2015 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits for insurance and retirement.

Cons

Horrible management that doesn't listen to subordinates.

1 person found this review helpful
  11. 3.0
    Former Employee

LPN

Jan 9, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits were good and reasonably priced

Cons

MD's were allowed to mistreat staff

Recruitment & HR Operations

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We will pass along your feedback to the appropriate staff.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 121 Reviews