Tenet Healthcare "patient care" Reviews | Glassdoor

Tenet Healthcare Employee Reviews about "patient care"

Updated Nov 26, 2019

2.8
Tenet Healthcare CEO Ronald A. Rittenmeyer (no image)
Ronald A. Rittenmeyer
Cons

Reviews about "patient care"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Medical Technologist in Nacogdoches, TX

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-great team of people -organized -focus on patient care and processes using legit data collection from customer feedback -excellent benefits

Cons

None that I can think of

Advice to Management

Love the GEMBA boards. They are a big help in fixing problems.

Tenet Healthcare2017-09-15

"Most Toxic company culture ever"

Former Contractor - Systems Engineer

I worked at Tenet Healthcare

Pros

Checks clear, serious about compliance and healthcare outcomes in term of infection rates, etc.

Cons

Most toxic corporate culture I have ever experienced by far, goes beyond just being demanding, not employee friendly, attitude seems to be if you don't like it here or feel things aren't the way they should be perhaps this is the wrong place for you, no understanding of commitment and loyalty, highest turnover I have ever seen by far, lower than average pay, seem to favor low priced over experienced employees,... patient-care-level employees are fine and often competent while many executives criticized for being stupid by physicians and it's hard to argue with that assessment.

Advice to Management

You have many loyal employees and if you would just treat them better your turnover rate would be lower, in many cases even without additional pay. Resign and allow yourselves to be replaced by smarter people (who understand how to grow markets, brand, and the importance of treating employees well).

Tenet Healthcare2019-11-27

"Hostile and petty. Power driven management and HR."

Former Employee - Healthcare Professional in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Tenet Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

None that I can think of.

Cons

Things have changed since Tenet Healthcare took over. They are simply a cut throat company which cares nothing about their employees or patient care. Management in this hospital is a joke. They will keep telling you flattering words but in the end your head will end up on the stick. Double standard is strong and present in this hospital. Those who care have to kill themselves to get the jobs done while the rest... would do the bare minimum or nothing at all. All they have to do is kissing up to their bosses. The culture in this hospital is to shut your mouth. People are rude and nosy and are a bunch of back stabbers and they will abuse you whenever they can. And if you stand up to those abusers, you will be told that you were reacting badly and HR will be reviewing you. Bottom line, you need to shut your mouth and let those abusers enjoy abusing you or they will turn around and play victims and HR will listen to them but not you. Unethical practices from employees will be swept under the rug, and this is across the whole system not just at downtown facility. Ironically, those follow the rules usually won't get the same tolerance level and instead will be pushed to work harder to cover for those don't do their parts. So being unethical actually is more rewarding. They treat their employees as if they own us outright. These HR people all act like they are royalty and noble. Not a surprised since these people are not originally from Baptist but got sent here by Tenet. Totally different mind set and attitude. Since Tenet took over, almost all our best employees had left, either for better paid jobs somewhere or simply because they hated how they were treated. We all easily got a new job somewhere else quickly, got paid better, treated better and some of us advanced up the ladder faster. And they no longer offer sick days. You will have to use your vacation time if bad luck strikes and you are too sick to work. For off shift employees, they would be the ones who got the worst. Their work load is double, triple vs day shift. They would be told to come in on their days off and would be scolded if they have a reaction. And they have to stay late in the morning to attend those stupid forum meetings where employees are asked for their donations to united way. I'm all for helping the community but just because the bosses now decide that they will no longer want to get in at 6 to conduct 1 session for off shift employees, now the whole crew will suffer. Speaking about leadership. We want to go home after giving shift reports, not listening about charity. And no, the 6pm session doesn't help either because night shifters come in at 10pm. Baptist has become a nightmare and Tenet is running it to the ground. Their mentality is they don't need to retain you at all cost because they have that school which produces a bunch of new healthcare workers each year for them. They care nothing about their employees, even cut down on lunch menus. Cost for lunch goes up, options go down. We got like 10 cents for pay raise last year. It's pathetic. To evaluate our performances, they used a list of duties which was generalized by including all the responsibilities from all units. So if you are a nurse and the non nursing departments' performance dropped, you will be punished for it as well. So you kill yourself for a whole year trying to earn a good pay raise and in the end you are punished for someone else's mistakes. And everybody knows the whole hospital is short staffed but we kept hearing about the low productivity. It's easy to sit in your office all day and speculate instead of getting out there and see for yourself. If there are 7-8 patients per nurse, then it's delusional to talk about low productivity.

Advice to Management

Stop lying. We are not kids and we are tired of your lies and empty promises. Start treating employees with respects. And get rid of the double standards. You are not the only hospital in town, stop acting like you are noble.

Tenet Healthcare2019-09-13

"Overworked and low pay"

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Love my coworkers they are amazing.

Cons

Low pay. Long hours. If there is no work you will be flexed off and not get all your hours. Never feel appreciated. All about making money rather than focusing on patient care. I'd rather make my patients happy and comfortable than line the pockets of the overpaid upper management.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees fairly. Show appreciation and make the work environment less stressful. Customers can tell when they are being cared for by people who aren't happy in their workplace and it reflects back on the business causing less referrals.

Tenet Healthcare2019-07-18
  5. "Cost cutting at expense of patient care"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I worked at Tenet Healthcare full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good coworkers with real devotion

Cons

Patient care decisions driven by accountants

Tenet Healthcare2019-07-01

"Tenet review"

I worked at Tenet Healthcare full-time

Pros

none that I can think of at this time

Cons

poor consideration for physicians and for quality of life. Very poor concept of humanity. Places patient care below productivity

Tenet Healthcare2018-08-12

"Could be better"

I worked at Tenet Healthcare full-time

Pros

Focus on patient care quality.

Cons

Clearly, financials show leadership is faulty, it is. Particularly with acquisitions.

Advice to Management

It's 2018... investment in new IT. Better leadership.

Tenet Healthcare2018-04-29

"Micromanaging CNO. Understaffed. Unsafe for patients. Staff exhausted. Large management turnover Safety questionable"

Current Employee - Clinical Supervisor in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The patient care staff is EXCELLENT. The nurses respect each other’s and will go above and beyond to help. Patient care staff honorable

Cons

Large turnover I. Upper management, controlling micromanaging CNO who thinks he is the best at everything. Severely understaffed, allows nurses to work 21 hours straight and states “it’s cheaper to let the nurses work extra than to get travelers”. They allow the nurses to work exhausted simply for the bottom dollar

Advice to Management

Trust your floor staff, stop dictating and ask for Input. Giving your personnel phone numbers to clients makes them thin you don’t trust the supervisors working directly with patient care. It doesn’t matter how many credentials you have-if you micromanage and don’t include others, that makes you an awful leader. Stop allowing patient care nurses work 21 hours straight and return to work after4 hours off. It... isnt safe.

Tenet Healthcare2018-05-18

"When tenet took over, the hospital went to hell in a hand basket."

Former Employee - Clinical Psychologist in West Palm Beach, FL

I worked at Tenet Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are no pros for working at a hospital that is more interesting in seeing green than seeing healthy. Patient care is poor.

Cons

High turnover, Staff and patients, eye on the money not the care. No connection toon between admin and clinicians. We were more at war than anything else

Advice to Management

The bottom line is not important if you are putting patients at risk due to money-making protocols versus health-care protocols. Quick patient turnover gets more money on the diagnostics, but increases recidivism. And bring back the outpatient adolescent mental health unit. We did a lot of good work there.

Tenet Healthcare2018-02-16

"Tenet review"

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Smart, caring people that are dedicated to patient care. Dedicated to employee development and offers decent networking and collaboration across enterprise.

Cons

Poor leadership at corporate level leads to financial and operational pressure at hospitals. It’s difficult to retain strong employees or maintain morale with frequent cuts.

Tenet Healthcare2017-11-20