KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Tenet Healthcare

Engaged Employer

Tenet Healthcare

Add a Review

Tenet Healthcare Employee Reviews about "tenet"

Updated Nov 24, 2021

Found 52 of over 1,224 reviews

Tenet Healthcare Executive Chairman and CEO Ronald A. Rittenmeyer (no image)
Ronald A. Rittenmeyer

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Benefits were good and reasonably priced(in 104 reviews)
  • "The pay was good and I enjoyed the 5 years I spent with this company.(in 67 reviews)
  • "Meet great people and provide service to employees.(in 49 reviews)
  • "Salary is good but it’s not everything(in 26 reviews)
  • "The staff is great and will help challenge you to grow.(in 25 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Tenet Healthcare and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "tenet"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Director

Jul 31, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Pay and Benefit structure

Cons

Tenet employed Provider Network for employee health benefits is limited

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Hostile and petty. Power driven management and HR.

Sep 12, 2019 - Healthcare Professional in San Antonio, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

None that I can think of.

Cons

Things have changed since Tenet Healthcare took over. They are simply a cut throat company which cares nothing about their employees or patient care. Management in this hospital is a joke. They will keep telling you flattering words but in the end your head will end up on the stick. Double standard is strong and present in this hospital. Those who care have to kill themselves to get the jobs done while the rest would do the bare minimum or nothing at all. All they have to do is kissing up to their bosses. The culture in this hospital is to shut your mouth. People are rude and nosy and are a bunch of back stabbers and they will abuse you whenever they can. And if you stand up to those abusers, you will be told that you were reacting badly and HR will be reviewing you. Bottom line, you need to shut your mouth and let those abusers enjoy abusing you or they will turn around and play victims and HR will listen to them but not you. Unethical practices from employees will be swept under the rug, and this is across the whole system not just at downtown facility. Ironically, those follow the rules usually won't get the same tolerance level and instead will be pushed to work harder to cover for those don't do their parts. So being unethical actually is more rewarding. They treat their employees as if they own us outright. These HR people all act like they are royalty and noble. Not a surprised since these people are not originally from Baptist but got sent here by Tenet. Totally different mind set and attitude. Since Tenet took over, almost all our best employees had left, either for better paid jobs somewhere or simply because they hated how they were treated. We all easily got a new job somewhere else quickly, got paid better, treated better and some of us advanced up the ladder faster. And they no longer offer sick days. You will have to use your vacation time if bad luck strikes and you are too sick to work. For off shift employees, they would be the ones who got the worst. Their work load is double, triple vs day shift. They would be told to come in on their days off and would be scolded if they have a reaction. And they have to stay late in the morning to attend those stupid forum meetings where employees are asked for their donations to united way. I'm all for helping the community but just because the bosses now decide that they will no longer want to get in at 6 to conduct 1 session for off shift employees, now the whole crew will suffer. Speaking about leadership. We want to go home after giving shift reports, not listening about charity. And no, the 6pm session doesn't help either because night shifters come in at 10pm. Baptist has become a nightmare and Tenet is running it to the ground. Their mentality is they don't need to retain you at all cost because they have that school which produces a bunch of new healthcare workers each year for them. They care nothing about their employees, even cut down on lunch menus. Cost for lunch goes up, options go down. We got like 10 cents for pay raise last year. It's pathetic. To evaluate our performances, they used a list of duties which was generalized by including all the responsibilities from all units. So if you are a nurse and the non nursing departments' performance dropped, you will be punished for it as well. So you kill yourself for a whole year trying to earn a good pay raise and in the end you are punished for someone else's mistakes. And everybody knows the whole hospital is short staffed but we kept hearing about the low productivity. It's easy to sit in your office all day and speculate instead of getting out there and see for yourself. If there are 7-8 patients per nurse, then it's delusional to talk about low productivity.

Continue reading
    7 people found this review helpful

Tenet Healthcare Response

Recruitment & HR Operations

Thank you for leaving an honest review about our management. It is important that our employees feel they can be heard at all times.

3. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Nice place to work, but can't keep upper Management

Jan 4, 2019 - IT Solutions Manager in Worcester, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Tenet is very flexible and the working environment is nice. People are really great to work with. Pay and benefits are great. The Management they have listen and seem to care about what is going on.

Cons

Top Management doesn't stay long. They either get fired or leave. Tenet doesn't seem to know what is going on with their own hospitals. They don't know who is responsible for what when it comes to applications. You find yourself filling out the same spreadsheet for different people over and over.

Continue reading
    3 people found this review helpful

Tenet Healthcare Response

Recruitment & HR Operations

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We will pass along your feedback to the appropriate staff.

4. 2.0