Tennova Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

1. "RN review"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Cleveland, TN
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Cleveland, TN

I have been working at Tennova Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is small enough that your input is still heard.

Cons

The area is growing fast and sometimes we are short staffed.

Advice to Management

try to work on retaining experienced RNs.

2. "Nursing"

I have been working at Tennova Healthcare full-time

Pros

Great Staff! 12 hour 3 day work weeks

Cons

Patient load could be overwhelming a lot of the time

3. "RN"

I worked at Tennova Healthcare full-time

Pros

I really enjoyed the floor I worked on and should of never left

Cons

They messed up on some of my checks but they made it right

Advice to Management

Please let the nurses that are new to hospital work that they will have to float to other floors without any orientation to that floor. It might help with the anxiety that comes with floating.

"Always be watching over your shoulder because they are always looking to replace you."

Former Employee - Support Services in Knoxville, TN
    Former Employee - Support Services in Knoxville, TN

I worked at Tennova Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some great people scattered about to work with, but also a lot of snakes in the grass. It used, key word Used, to be a great place to work when it was St. Mary's and Mercy. The medical benefits were alright, but only if you use the Tennova network.

Cons

Instability, in my time there it was 3 different companies that owned it. They are always looking to either outsource your job, find someone to do it cheaper, or just fire/layoff people than dump their work load on you. It really is like Office Space, there are so many bosses that it's comically redundant. Good luck getting raises or bonuses, well unless you a C-class. They will literally look you in the face and say one thing, and when you turn your back it's totally different. When you max out PTO and you will, because they basically tell you you can't take X-number of days off. So you will never get to use it. Feels very unsafe at Physicians Regional because of its location and their undermanned security guards don't even carry weapons of any sort. Parking is horrible and because of that your lunch options are limited. Cafeteria is overpriced. The turnover rate is insane. Pay is well below industry standard, especially at the other surrounding hospitals. The constant charter of being sold again gets old. Too much gossip and too many people willing to throw people under the busand for what reason, you won't get promoted. They almost always bring in outsiders for jobs, rarely do they promote chrome within. They will work you until they break you. You have little to no value as a human there. Just another replaceable spoke in the wheel.

Advice to Management

It wouldn't matter. The suggestion box has a hole in the bottom and sits directly above the trash can for a good reason. Treat your employees better and you will get better employees and your Press Ganey survey scores will go up.

6. "Food and Nutrition"

Current Employee - Patient Services Manager in Cleveland, TN
    Current Employee - Patient Services Manager in Cleveland, TN

I have been working at Tennova Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Gave me the chance to meet some amazing people and the ability to grow within the company.

Cons

Not able to find the right staffing

Advice to Management

Treat the employees like they matter not just a body there in that position. You have to earn respect to get it is my motto.

7. "Review"

I worked at Tennova Healthcare part-time

Pros

friendly atmosphere, usually an easy job

Cons

old equipment, inadequate compensation, understaffed

8. "DEPLORABLE. DON'T, JUST DON"T."

Current Employee - Patient Care
    Current Employee - Patient Care

I have been working at Tennova Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Can't really think of any pro's save that some of my coworkers are good folks and working with them is fun.

Cons

Deplorable management. It's almost as if the supervisors of some departments were hired based on their inability and ineffectiveness. They can barely complete the most basic managerial tasks but are surprisingly adept at coming up with excuses as to why they can't do the simplest task or answer the most basic question. It would seem as though they take training in the fine art of passing the buck and differing responsibility for their mistakes. I would not recommend a career here. If you're just needing a stepping stone on your way to a real hospital or clinic, perhaps this would be okay, but please keep in mind that this hospital could care less about you (or patient care for that matter) and that they will take advantage of you in every way possible without the slightest mention of appreciation In this hospital's opinion, you should just be happy to have a job. I have never felt appreciated here, I'm not sure I've ever even received a thank you for going above and beyond the call of duty. I have had a number of jobs and have come to find that an employee who feels appreciated and valued will work for less money but if you're going to forego the appreciation and value then it's going to cost you more monetarily because to keep an employee, you'll have to fill the lack of appreciation gap with dollar bills.

Advice to Management

Follow the example of Richard Marcinko, former head of Seal Team 6. He would never ask one of his subordinates to do something that he either wasn't doing with them or had not done himself in the past. Some other books that would change public and private opinion of your hospital would be "How to Win Friends and Influence People" by Andrew Carnegie and about anything by Zig Ziglar. I'm not joking, rather than focus on the money first, focus on taking care of your employees and patients. If you do this one simple thing, the money will come.

9. "Ridiculous"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in La Follette, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in La Follette, TN

I worked at Tennova Healthcare full-time

Pros

Hire process was smooth and fast, they were pretty good at getting you the shift or days you wanted.

Cons

Severely under staffed pay is lousy and there are definitely clicks. Patients left on soiled briefs and garment while CNA'S and LPNS went on frequent smoke breaks together.

Advice to Management

Chew off the fat, offer more competitive pay. And when you get reports of Those who only work together"you know the two I'm talking about " make sure there's consequences when that don't help others. One night a call light went off for 20 minutes because they were giving a bed bath!!!! Ridiculous!

10. "Sitter"

Pros

Three days a week ,12 hour shifts.

Cons

No opportunity for full-time position. No raises, no benefits.

11. "Frighteningly subpar healthcare facility run by overgrown frat boys"

Former Employee - CPhT in Knoxville, TN
    Former Employee - CPhT in Knoxville, TN

I worked at Tennova Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The cafeteria food is OK

I'm only writing this part because there is a 20 word minimum for Pros, which are relatively non-existent at Tennova.

Cons

-Terrible benefits! $5,000 health insurance deductible for using a non-Tennova facility, which should be illegal.

-Constant threats to cut hours and furlow employees

-High turnover, for obvious reasons

-HR doesn't even attempt to be helpful to employees, don't even bother calling them

-Sudden mandatory uniform requirement changes, at the expense of the employee

Advice to Management

Learn that patient care and employee morale are far more important than your profit margin.

Also, maybe if Payton Manning wasn't on the payroll you could actually afford to run an adequate healthcare facility.