Tensley Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

Tensley Consulting Reviews

5.0
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Software Developer Internship"

Former Intern - Software Developer Intern in Columbia, MD
    Former Intern - Software Developer Intern in Columbia, MD

I worked at Tensley Consulting as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great learning experience, support / help always available, frequent lunches at 4-5 yelp start places, friendly atmosphere, convenient location

Cons

Supervisor can be demanding (not sure if this is a con), a lot of self-learning, low pay

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing

2. "Small company, big community"

Current Employee - Test Engineer in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Test Engineer in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Tensley Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

While I haven't worked for Tensley Consulting for very long, I can definitely say that it's the best company I've worked for. The management staff are outstanding and have done a great job of making me feel like I'm more than just a number. While the company may be small, it's made impressive growth in just a few years, so it'd be cool to see how many more opportunities there will be in the future, especially with the current opportunities being impressive as it is.

Cons

Not really a con, just part of job growth: being that the company is based in Maryland and it's expanding, there aren't a lot of Tensley employees in Texas just yet. With that said, Tensley does a great job of checking in on me and making sure I have everything I need (and more). The CEO comes out periodically and treats us to good time, so that's really nice.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, and keep the current benefits around (they're amazing).

3. "My Tensley Experience"

Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Tensley Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I first talked to Tensley Consulting about 7 months ago. I was looking for new opportunities and was most interested in smaller companies and Tensley was a great fit for what I was looking for. I had heard good things about the company and its management and it was recommended by more that one person to check them out. While looking at current openings I found out that Tensley was a subcontractor to the prime contractor who had won the new contract in the area I was currently working. Tensley made me a outstanding offer salary wise along with their great benefit package. I accepted the offer and started working with them on a possible start date on the new contract. For a variety of reason it was decided I should remain with my current employer and work on finishing tasks on the former contract through the end of its period of performance at the end of the year. I had regular updates from Tensley during this 3 month period and they made me feel part of the company even though I had not officially begun. They invited me along with my wife to company functions during this time. I knew I had made the right decision and just had to wait to officially start. I began as an official Tensely employee in mid January 2016 and have been extremely happy with my decision. I feel I can talk to any of the company management (and have both before and after my start date) at anytime and that is a big improvement over the "big" company atmosphere I was used to. I recommend Tensley to anyone in the Intelligence Community and Defense Department career fields. Check out their long list of openings on tensleyconsulting.com and their great benefits package.

Cons

I have not encountered any negatives about Tensley at this time.

Advice to Management

Work to keep the benefits package as good as it currently is. A job is more than just a salary and benefits. Tensley management and employees have this mentality and this makes the company a great fit for people looking for a well rounded company and career opportunity.

4. "Tensley - Engineering Excellence"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Tensley Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Our company's mission is to provide superior engineering and operational support personnel who are committed to "Mission First."

The company fulfills that mission with outstanding engineers, outstanding support personnel and outstanding management.

We are a company that is open to change, excels in communicating and offers a wide range of work opportunities and benefits.

Cons

As a smaller company our work opportunities are geographically restricted to primarily the east coast

Advice to Management

Keep it real like you are doing!!

5. "Terrific company with top-notch benefits"

Current Employee - Senior Field Engineer in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Field Engineer in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Tensley Consulting (More than 3 years)

Pros

Love the small company “family” feel of the organization. From top to bottom, the people in this company genuinely care about you, your job satisfaction, and providing advancement opportunities. There may be companies with better benefits, but I don’t know where you’d find them; management makes every effort to provide first-rate programs.

Cons

No cons seen to date.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

6. "Great benefits, good people."

Pros

The company really promotes from within, and tries to give the best in benefits and opportunities to the employees.

Cons

New opportunities sometimes depend on the government's schedule.

Advice to Management

Keep the good communication going!

7. "Great Company"

Former Contractor - Test Engineer/SharePoint Designer in Columbia, MD
    Former Contractor - Test Engineer/SharePoint Designer in Columbia, MD

I worked at Tensley Consulting as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Outstanding benefits
    Great Staff
    Training Opportunities
    Competitive Salaries
    Very understanding while country is in economical slump.

Cons

This con is for all smaller contracting companies; sub-contracting, being their prime vehicle of business, makes job security a difficult endeavor. Tensley was gracious enough to keep me on paid overhead for 11 months while we waited for a full-time position to open up. If you are fortunate enough to find employment with this company, you will find total fulfillment as your ideas are always listened to and you have the ability to impact the company in astronomic ways on top of job satisfaction. Corporate officers are just excited for their employees to make the company better as they are, so it's just a really magnificent team dynamic.

Advice to Management

Keep on, keepin' on!