Tenzing Managed IT Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Lots of Potential"

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Tenzing Managed IT Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very clear mission and focus, flexible work arrangements, lots of autonomy to get the job you need to do...done. Love the management team and the leadership...you get to know just about everyone in the company. Growing company with lots of opportunity for career development. Company is very in touch with their customers...in a proactive manner.

Cons

Challenges can be workload at times...but if you speak up, you are usually heard and worked with. Tenzing is undergoing a transformation as they move into the US and further markets...and with change comes challenge for some...but also opportunity.

Advice to Management

Keep enabling your managers, make sure they know they are valued (if the are)!

Tenzing Managed IT Services Response

Jun 10, 2015 – HR Generalist

Dear Employee, Happy to hear that our mission and focus has been more clear. The management team is striving to provide a clear vision to each and every member of the organization. This vision... More

2. "Frustrating yet some good points"

I worked at Tenzing Managed IT Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Autonomy, most people have a work/life balance, smart people

Cons

Limited processes or systems, like others have said management doesn't listen to others that are more experienced in their areas. Lack of communication is worst I have ever seen in any organization in my 30 years of working.

Advice to Management

Increase the transparency, don't assume every new idea is applicable to a small company, listen to people that are educated, have a logical plan with trusted data (appears like management "shoots in the dark" to make decisions).

3. "Great company, good people, good tech and good customers"

Current Employee - Technical Team in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Technical Team in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Pros

Great leadership team, clear and concise strategy, investments being made in the right areas and most of all they have great technology and focus on people development.

High engagement from staff doing really cool things with AWS and ecommerce technology and really care about their customer experience.

Cons

Not a single thing to say. I am looking forward to developing at Tenzing.

4. "Technical Analyst"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Tenzing Managed IT Services (More than a year)

Pros

Working at Tenzing will make you an all around more competent tech worker. I came at the early stage of my career and the level of exposure i received in Networking,Firewalls,SSL,DB Backups,AWS, Incident Management and a host of other technologies/skills was unparalleled. Not to mention a casual work environment with work from home days. I would definitely recommend Tenzing to any prospective tech worker whose seeking to vastly expand his or her skill set.

Cons

Aside from the fact that the office was a bit of a journey for me due to proximity I have nothing but positive things to say. Tenzing specializes in E commerce so expect a heavier workload during holiday seasons.

Advice to Management

Keep giving junior workers exposure to work on new cutting edge technologies as well as training opportunities in their desired area of interest.

5. "Great company with a compelling strategy"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Tenzing Managed IT Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Tenzing is a company that treats their employees well, are developing a great brand in the Ecommerce space and has solid leadership with a clear direction. We deal with complex environments and mission critical applications which are core to the success of growing retailers, distributors and manufacturers and have the employees, infrastructure and solutions to address this expanding market.

Cons

Due to the ever changing nature of the Ecommerce segment, Tenzing will need to continue to be an innovator and stay at the forefront of technology and solutions, which is never an easy task.

Advice to Management

Keep your eye on the ball, and continue investing in people and technology that supports the direction that the company needs to go, in order to provide relevant solutions to the Ecommerce industry, leading to future growth and success of the company.

6. "Senior Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Auckland (New Zealand)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Auckland (New Zealand)

I have been working at Tenzing Managed IT Services (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexibility in salary in terms of negotiation.

Cons

Limited visibility to how the company is run or proposals.

7. "Fantastic growth opportunity"

I have been working at Tenzing Managed IT Services full-time

Pros

The company is in great financial shape, successfully growing into new markets, making itself more competitive, and most important, having fun along the way.

Cons

This is a fast-moving industry, making the work we do to add value to the top and bottom line a continuous and, at times, demanding effort.

Advice to Management

Stay focused on the big picture, and support the company's efforts to sustain innovation and differentiation that we've been building.

8. "Good place to work"

Pros

Flexible working hours and good team

Cons

Could get busy sometime and it could lead into long working hours

"Its a job"

Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Kelowna, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Kelowna, BC (Canada)

I worked at Tenzing Managed IT Services full-time

Pros

The work load is very manageable and the fellow employees are very talented, plus getting your birthday off each year is a nice little treat.

Cons

Management does not always listen to their staff members and tend to do what they think is best, even when there is evidence to the contrary.

Advice to Management

Listen to your staff members, the front line workers have direct connections to your clients and can let you know quickly what they want.

10. "Great potential with a need for more technical staff"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Tenzing Managed IT Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Small teams, located in downtown core, and able to work from home. Would appeal mostly to people who want a tiny bit less structure than a worker drone who is purely "clocks in at 9, leaves at 5".

Cons

Workload can be high at times. Not enough employees. This can be pro or a con; mostly con because there's clearly a need for more staff. Lots tools to learn and use; could be improved if such thing are consolidated to one or two platforms.

Advice to Management

We need a few more people, especially in the technical-oriented teams. Augment the team sizes and things will be much better. Sales is bringing in the money, but we need folks to fulfill those requests.