Teq Reviews | Glassdoor

2.9
Teq CEO Damian Scarfo
Damian Scarfo

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The snack cart, with Hot food Thursdays and Bagel Friday’s are the best" (in 10 reviews)

• "its a great place to work and we need more good people who are" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "Isn't it funny how the positive reviews come on same day spurts" (in 8 reviews)

1. "Great recruitment & on-boarding process"

Current Employee - Developer in Huntington, NY
    Current Employee - Developer in Huntington, NY

I have been working at Teq full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1) Phone Screen - pretty standard, past exp, resume, etc
    2) Project/Assignment - testing your ability to understand Teq's product
    3) Assignment- Demo your project

The recruiter was very fast and efficient. Loved working with them throughout the process.

Cons

I'd love a more casual dress code

"Favoritism rules management. The same ruled do not apply to everyone."

Former Employee - Inspector/Packer in Huntley, IL
    Former Employee - Inspector/Packer in Huntley, IL

I worked at Teq full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A paycheck until anything better comes along.

Cons

Unprofessional management. Racist. Play favorites. Different set of rules and discipline depending on who and what you are.

Advice to Management

Choose management more wisely. Monitor your supervisors.

"Chaotic"

Former Employee - Web Designer in Huntington, NY
    Former Employee - Web Designer in Huntington, NY

I worked at Teq full-time (More than a year)

Pros

reasonable pay, great manager, pretty great team to work with overall

Cons

i was there during a particularly chaotic and stressful period when we were essentially being told every other week that we were going to be fired. as i understand it now, things have settled.

"Great place to learn fundamentals of Sales - structured & fun but not much long term growth."

I worked at Teq full-time (More than a year)

Pros

For the most part really enjoyed my time there. I was very successful and made (what seemed) like a lot of money for my first REAL sales job. This is a wonderful place for someone who needs structure and guidance for how to become a successful professional in sales. Metrics are given to help you stay on track to hit quota and they do monthly reviews so that you can see where you need to improve. As someone who came on with some sales experience and some management experience I appreciated what management had to do to organize a successful sales team. They truly do try to provide a positive atmosphere and pleasant place to work by providing daily snack cart that’s pretty much like a 7-11 on wheels. And I always enjoyed the stocked bathroom setup.
    If you stay organized and focused it’s not a bad gig and it’s not a hard sale. Teachers need the product and student benefit from the product. You will feel good selling to schools.

Cons

The challenges around a sales gig there were not anything to do with sales but more to do with logistics. Because of the nature of the sale, hardware installs needed to be completed and invoiced before anyone could get paid on that order. This was just the policy. This is what frustrated the sales team because sales associates lost out on commission when things post sale where out of their control. Above I wrote that I appreciated what management had to do to organize a sales team but management did not do a lot to HELP CLOSE deals with the sales team. Mentoring and Professional Development was done by the PD team and that’s where I learned most and grew the most in terms of how to connect better with educators and speak their language, not from my Sales Managers.
    Teq did go through some major changes and I do believe they were for the best... at the end of the day though the management team is a total boys club and they are all very TIGHT! Don’t expect to on a career path for management role there. So unless you sell more services to new schools you will ultimately hit a ceiling of how much you can make once every school owns a smart board in every classroom. You will have to depend on the state grants to release funds for STEM projects and hope that they cut the check and schedule install to invoice in a quarter that works for your target. It’s just the nature of the beast when you’re working within school budget.

Advice to Management

Eliminate the hoops that sales needs to jump through in order to get paid out the big numbers you advertise. Untie sales commission from what the scheduling capacity is. Lastly, unless your customer facing — really no reason for the office to be so dressed up, be flexible and trust your employees just a LITTLE more.

"Worst management of any company I've ever worked for.."

Former Employee - Sales in Long Is City, NY
    Former Employee - Sales in Long Is City, NY

I worked at Teq (More than 3 years)

Pros

The money isn't bad all things considering...

Cons

The office is a total disaster. Nobody knows what they're doing..

Advice to Management

Clean house. You beat your people to death just so upper management gets thier bonus..

"Sales"

I worked at Teq full-time

Pros

A few really good people.
    The people ultimately keep you there longer than you would like.
    You realize there is a passion that goes into creating the products and the customer base is filled with individuals who share that passion. You will learn a lot in terms of overall sales cycle approaches, keep tabs on your pipeline, learning the value of following up as well as how to conduct a presentation.

Cons

Management is highly out of touch. Do not expect to grow here. Bait and switch tactics happen often as they will move you around the office, change the goals and objectives quarter to quarter and do not have a realistic perspective on the obstacles that will prevent you from earning your max potential. A few blow hards exist at the top; would prefer to hear the sound of their own voice than actually lead; which is sad because none of the management team are at their core stupid, however they are consumed with their power and do not like to give the staff any space to outshine them. in short THIS IS A TEMPORARY POSITION; GO IN KNOWING YOU WILL BECOME FRUSTRATED WITHIN A FEW MONTHS; that is unless you like being a robot and have no motivation to rise above corporate brainwashing.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. YOU ALL CONTINUE TO GET RICH, while the faces of the company turn over quarter by quarter, month by month and year after year.

"Manager"

I worked at Teq full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Non at all. So shady.

Cons

Worst place ever to work.

8. "Admin"

I worked at Teq full-time

Pros

Warm and friendly work environment! Really feel a part of a team to do something great for education.

Cons

No cons here, great place to work.

9. "Decent"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Huntington, NY

I worked at Teq full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good out of college

Cons

Turn over, high pressure, straight sales gig

"TEQ has the potential to be a GREAT place."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntington Station, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntington Station, NY

I have been working at Teq full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People tend to forget to write when they are happy on these anonymous reviews. There are always going to be things to be "unhappy" about wherever you are. I truly feel that TEQ is a good place to work. I enjoy coming to work and doing my job around a great team here.

Cons

There are too many people here with "Titles" (ones that abuse it) How many Executives, Managers, Directors could there be in a fairly small company.

Advice to Management

Let's go casual everyday!!!!!!
    Additional SICK PTO days would be great
    Get rid of the dead weight managers, we need mentors here not babysitters