Teq Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Teq CEO Damian Scarfo
Damian Scarfo

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The company rewards employees for their hard work (in 11 reviews)

• Snack Cart daily , barbecue cookouts onsite weekly , happy hours monthly (in 8 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Good Sales Job"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Long Island City, NY
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Long Island City, NY

I have been working at Teq full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Low turnover
    -Great customers to work with (Principals, teachers, technology coordinators, superintendents)
    -If you are struggling management actually helps you improve with specific steps
    -great base salary plus commission
    -required to leave at 5pm so great work life balance
    -bagel fridays plus dress down on fridays

Cons

-commission can be increased a bit
    -Update some of the software we use like SAP
    -no chat messenger to communicate faster

Advice to Management

Continue with the support and give specific steps to your sales team. It truly does help.

2. "Anonymous"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntington Station, NY

I have been working at Teq full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work-life balance
    I work along side great people who are intelligent and have become great friends
    They promote a team environment
    Upscale office
    Causal Fridays

Cons

Would like to see 3-5 sick days in addition to the PTO

Advice to Management

Additional PTO!

"Room for Growth"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Huntington, NY
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Huntington, NY

Pros

I have been working at Teq for close to two years and absolutely love it. Teq is a company where you get out what you put in. If you work hard on a daily basis you will be recognized. There is room to grow in every department. Top employees will be promoted. I would recommend working at Teq if you are looking for a fun and enjoyable place to work. That being said you have to work hard to last at the company.

Cons

We need some healthier snacks on the cart!

Advice to Management

Keep it up

4. "Sales"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Huntington Station, NY
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Huntington Station, NY

I have been working at Teq full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Teq is a good company to work for, as long as you are willing to work hard. But, when you are willing to put in the work you will see the results very quickly. The managers of the sales team are great and always ready to help you with anything you bring to them. There are also fun company events like summer BBQ's and quarterly dinners.

Cons

If you are not willing to put in the work then you will struggle at this company. You need to be able 110% committed when you come to work every day and you can not cut corners. Also, there can be times that you do not feel as if your work is being noticed by management even when you are having a good week/month/quarter.

Advice to Management

Keep up the company events in the upcoming months and be sure to give credit to employees who are committed to your company.

5. "Be part of a team!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntington Station, NY

I have been working at Teq full-time

Pros

Last week Teq brought all its employees together for an amazing meeting to layout a plan for growth and success in 2017 and beyond. It included new CRM systems, strategy, new products, and more. It was a great step for this company, and should end any speculation on its future. A key piece of the strategy was the furthering of a performance-based culture. We were shown examples of these companies, like GE and Netflix, where employees are rewarded for consistent performance that directly contributes to revenue. An exciting time to be with Teq!

Cons

Lots of metrics and priorities could be seen as a deterrent to some, but for hard-workers that want to be part of a team, it'll be the perfect fit.

Advice to Management

Keep the employees informed about the strategy and we will continue to work towards the company goals!

6. "Teq is great!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Smithtown, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Smithtown, NY

I have been working at Teq full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The new training program seems to be extremely beneficial not only for the new hires but the managers and departments. There seems to be a lot of incentives for employees to excel within their department. The snack cart and the BBQ's are an awesome way to help employees stay motivated and feel appreciated!

Cons

Communication between departments can be better.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

7. "Engaging Work Environment"

Current Employee - Finance in Huntington, NY
    Current Employee - Finance in Huntington, NY

Pros

To start off, Teq is one of the first places of employment where I genuinely feel appreciated by my supervisors. As someone who takes pride in their work and doing a good job, this motivates me to keep doing my best and improving. Monthly reviews make it easy to know where you stand in regards to one's expectations and performance as well as identify areas of where you can improve. There isn't obscurity or any surprises. My day is never the same which keeps things interesting and is hard to find in the finance field.

Cons

Communication between departments could be better. Vacation time for every employee despite their time working there is 2 weeks.

8. "Teq cares"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntington, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntington, NY

Pros

Teq is a rewarding place to work with pleasant people to work with. Yes, it's hard work and upon joining Teq I was told that this is a work hard and play hard environment. It is definitely rewarding and everyday I see myself get better and better. If you want to be wallflower then this is not for you. Everyone here is held accountable.

Cons

It can be a lot sometimes - but if you are willing to be criticized so you can get better, open for help and willing to help other people then please apply. Yes we look at experience but we also consider how driven are you to learn your craft and get better at it each day.

Advice to Management

Be open to change.

9. "Teq Review"

Current Employee - Reception in Huntington Station, NY
    Current Employee - Reception in Huntington Station, NY

Pros

I’m writing a review today because I just want to share my true experience with Teq to the world and why I chose to work at such a hard-working, loving place. I personally work in the front desk area and support every department in any way I can. I chose this position because I love to work with back office duties, due to my obsession with organization. Teq came into my life when I was a recent graduate, just one year out into the real world. I was desperately searching for a place that I could fit in and grow within the company. I wanted to expand my experience and network as much as possible. I wanted to contribute and manage daily tasks on my own with the trust of my supervisors. I found that at Teq but the great part about it, is that I also found a place I can call family.
     Although it is a fast paced environment, the whole staff works very efficiently and as a team. We work with principals, business owners, teachers, other companies, IT specialists etc. We are on call at any given moment to assist in anything they need. The culture in the office is very positive. Teq offers its employees many perks that we get to enjoy daily. The company hosts many contests with amazing prizes, we share hooplas congratulating achievements, catered lunches, and Teq sponsors a kickball league that I’m very proud to be a part of as well. If they see your doing well they acknowledge it, every employee is important to Teq, especially to the president. I never met anyone so hardworking and caring towards his employees. Presidents usually sit in their office and don’t really communicate with employees as much and basically let their managers handle it. I never met someone so integrated with his staff. He works alongside us and helps every department in any way he can with a smile on his face. It is truly my pleasure to work at Teq 

10. "Being honest..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntington Station, NY

I have been working at Teq full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Teq is a very fast-paced and challenging environment. All of the employees are extremely hard working and dedicated, and at the same time they are all really cool and friendly. Some perks that the company offers are happy hours and dinners, BBQs during the summer, and they also give away tickets to sporting events and other prizes and incentives. Also, everyone gets a card and gift on their birthday which I happen to think is really thoughtful.
    Everyone at Teq works together as best as they can with the same common goals of making sure the customers are happy, while continuing to strengthen the company's reputation and increase revenue. While it can be overwhelming at first to get used all of your responsibilities and the high expectations, once you get the hang of it and understand what it expected of you, it's not so bad. You're constantly busy, which I think is a "pro" because I'd much rather be busy than be bored.

Cons

At Teq you have to have a thick skin as it can be very stressful at times. You have to be good at multitasking as there are always a million and one things to do and not enough hours in the day. You also need to be able to adapt well to change as policies and expectations do constantly change. You will definitely encounter criticism. You MUST remain positive and not let it effect you too much, but rather use it as a learning experience and grow from it. The biggest con I would say is that a lot of times there is too much emphasis placed on pointing out mistakes, laying blame, and focusing on who's on the "bottom" of a list, rather than just recognizing a problem, fixing the issues, and moving on. Also more positive reinforcement would be nice.

Advice to Management

Suggestion?- Each territory should have their own monthly meetings so that all the departments that deal w that specific territory (sales, client services) can get on the same page. We are all reaching out to the same customers for different things and we all need things from each other internally. A meeting would eliminate a lot of the internal emails and random interruptions throughout the day.
    Also- more incentives/bonuses for certain departments would be nice as some of us are working extremely hard but are never eligible for any extra compensation.
    And lastly, some more product training would be great! I mean like dump a box of cables on the floor in front of me and have someone tell me what they are and what they do. K thanks.