Terarecon Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jeffrey Sorenson

Pros
  • Great colleagues, great mentors, family culture, challenging work while the Company is guided by a truly inspiring CEO (in 4 reviews)

• The CEO (Jeff Sorenson) is a great leader and has a good vision for TeraRecon (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • No career growth, management is extremely bad, low compensation (in 6 reviews)

• Also, work-life balance can be difficult, but this is expected working for a global company (in 3 reviews)

"Awesome company!"

Current Employee - Director in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Terarecon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One of the best companies that I have worked for in a long time. I've only been working for the company for just over a year and I am very impressed how senior management cares about the employees. They keep the employees interested by promoting career growth, training, education and constant communication. We have company wide meetings every month and they tell us how our products are being developed and promoted, they keep us informed about revenues and new business development ventures. Our advanced imaging products are awesome, some of the best in the industry in the world. Our CEO promotes team work and transparency, he has an open door policy. Ah lastly, we have some of the best views of the bay, on a clear day you can see SFO, S.F. and some cities in the East Bay.

Cons

Our snacks bar is awesome, we get some of the best treats, and they feed us with great catering menus on special occasions, I would not mind more social engagements like a happy hour, picnics once in a while. OK seriously now, I don't see any critical cons this far.

Advice to Management

Keep those surveys going, they are a great tool to voice our ideas.

"Sales"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Durham, NC

I have been working at Terarecon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Enthusiastic and engaged leadership that encourages innovative thinking at every level, from processes to employee and product development. Terrific culture of committed, personable employees who demonstrate professionalism consistently. It's a highly energetic and positive environment driven by departmental stretch goals and line of sight of overall company goals. Personally I feel fortunate to be working at TeraRecon at a perfect time when the intersection of advanced technology and the healthcare industry is changing so rapidly.

Cons

My previous experiences have been at larger companies with more staff and resources, so the only downside for me has been adjusting to some of those differences, such as wearing more hats at times to spread workload.

Advice to Management

Continue transparent communication in all directions when possible.

"Great innovative software"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Terarecon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company has great innovative software. Development continues to introduce cutting-edge features.
    Friendly employees make coming to the office an enjoyable experience. Since the product is a medical device, the customer expectations for turn-around are usually high, but with high expectations comes high praise.

Cons

Can't think of any cons.

"Terarecon is the company to work for. A lot of great challeanges and a lot of knowledge acquisition"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Pros

I started to work at Terarecon in the last few months and have already learned a lot. It seems to me as if I started working 2 years or more. Nice Kollegues and great know how in the IT and Medical imaging buisiness

Cons

None so far. Due to team change in Europe we may need to increase the head count asap. Otherwise I know that upper management is taking care of that.

"Tremendous company with family like culture"

I have been working at Terarecon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been fortunate to work at TeraRecon over the past 3 1/2 years and I can tell you that the family culture is very refreshing. I have worked for large publicly traded companies that only care about what the shareholders want and need. My experience at TeraRecon is that they are very concerned about their employees and provide opportunities to those that have earned it. Our CEO and Management Team are closely aligned in regards to executing on the organizations short term and long term goals for growth and innovation. TeraRecon is viewed as an industry leader that delivers innovative and cutting edge solutions to our customers with a bright future as it continues to invest in today and tommorow's technologies.

Cons

The process and tools that were available across the organization were outdated and limited as the process was very time consuming and manual. This has been updated and the technology and tools that are now available will makes the process much simpler and easier on a daily basis.

Advice to Management

Continue to execute on the CEO's vision

"My experience at TeraRecon"

Current Employee - Vice President Partner Programs in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President Partner Programs in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Terarecon (More than 3 years)

Pros

1. World-leader in Advanced Visualization in Medicine
    2. Company culture driven by big ambitious business goals, technology leadership and respect for the talents of each one of the employees.
    3. Fast paced and a drive to grow.
    4. Employee empowerment and expectation that people will take responsibility and act.
    5. Employee impact on company top and bottom line.
    6. An excellent onboarding program with rotations through key departments aligned with employee strengths provide significant experience that is very useful in permanent position.Community

Cons

Not really cons but you need to be able to fit in the culture of a small company
    1. Fast paced. You should be wiling to be an active creative contributor
    2. Not be afraid to speak up. We need your ideas and contributions
    3. Not be afraid of change. and of driving change
    4. Take ownership of projects and initiatives big and small

Advice to Management

Keep up with changing the culture and challenging everyone to drive to excellence.

8. "Moving Upward and Onward"

Pros

Overall, the company seems to be in a better financial position so there is no fear of the company closing.
    - Many of the original staff is gone and a new crop is coming in.
    - Good 401k Plan (Matching).
    - Quarterly meetings/luncheons.
    - Individual recognition awards
    - Training Initiatives.
    - Better Open-door policy with Management
    - Department Silos are being removed.
    - CEO is better at communicating the companies needs/requirements/objectives/roadmap
    - Great group of people in Foster City, Durham and Acton office in US!!
    - Great people in JP and Germany (international)!!

Cons

- No commute allowance for commuters

Advice to Management

Work with Directors as some need coaching on being approachable.

9. "Moving in the right direction"

Pros

Contrary to what others have posted, it's a great place to work. The people have been very supportive of me since my first day and continue to be. Supervisor as well as management are equally supportive. Change is a good thing, how else can a company grow with out it? The current CEO is hard at work to make the proper changes to take us into the right direction and he's doing a great job. Very positive and upbeat with his employees.

Cons

The cons are on the individual. You are what you make of your time here. If you want positive experience then make the changes to have one.

10. "Wonderful place to work"

I have been working at Terarecon full-time

Pros

Wonderful small company to work for. Couldn't ask for better co-workers. Very much a team atmosphere. I've been blessed to be here for 10+ years

Cons

Salary is a little on the low end, adjustments needed. No other complaints.

Advice to Management

Hire from within whenever possible

11. "Great Company to work for!"

I have been working at Terarecon full-time

Pros

The CEO (Jeff Sorenson) is a great leader and has a good vision for TeraRecon. I definitely see TeraRecon being even more successful in the coming years. TeraRecon has done a great job of listening to its employees and making changes accordingly. They also do a fantastic job of sending employees to third-party training in order to grow employee knowledge. There is also a great family culture. The fully stocked kitchen is really convenient as well.

Cons

Do not have any cons.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!