Terarecon Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jeffrey Sorenson

Pros
  • Great colleagues, great mentors, family culture, challenging work while the Company is guided by a truly inspiring CEO (in 4 reviews)

• The CEO (Jeff Sorenson) is a great leader and has a good vision for TeraRecon (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • No career growth, management is extremely bad, low compensation (in 6 reviews)

• Also, work-life balance can be difficult, but this is expected working for a global company (in 2 reviews)

"Awesome company!"

Current Employee - Director in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Terarecon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One of the best companies that I have worked for in a long time. I've only been working for the company for just over a year and I am very impressed how senior management cares about the employees. They keep the employees interested by promoting career growth, training, education and constant communication. We have company wide meetings every month and they tell us how our products are being developed and promoted, they keep us informed about revenues and new business development ventures. Our advanced imaging products are awesome, some of the best in the industry in the world. Our CEO promotes team work and transparency, he has an open door policy. Ah lastly, we have some of the best views of the bay, on a clear day you can see SFO, S.F. and some cities in the East Bay.

Cons

Our snacks bar is awesome, we get some of the best treats, and they feed us with great catering menus on special occasions, I would not mind more social engagements like a happy hour, picnics once in a while. OK seriously now, I don't see any critical cons this far.

Advice to Management

Keep those surveys going, they are a great tool to voice our ideas.

"Sales"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Durham, NC

I have been working at Terarecon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Enthusiastic and engaged leadership that encourages innovative thinking at every level, from processes to employee and product development. Terrific culture of committed, personable employees who demonstrate professionalism consistently. It's a highly energetic and positive environment driven by departmental stretch goals and line of sight of overall company goals. Personally I feel fortunate to be working at TeraRecon at a perfect time when the intersection of advanced technology and the healthcare industry is changing so rapidly.

Cons

My previous experiences have been at larger companies with more staff and resources, so the only downside for me has been adjusting to some of those differences, such as wearing more hats at times to spread workload.

Advice to Management

Continue transparent communication in all directions when possible.

"Great innovative software"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Terarecon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company has great innovative software. Development continues to introduce cutting-edge features.
    Friendly employees make coming to the office an enjoyable experience. Since the product is a medical device, the customer expectations for turn-around are usually high, but with high expectations comes high praise.

Cons

Can't think of any cons.

"Terarecon is the company to work for. A lot of great challeanges and a lot of knowledge acquisition"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Pros

I started to work at Terarecon in the last few months and have already learned a lot. It seems to me as if I started working 2 years or more. Nice Kollegues and great know how in the IT and Medical imaging buisiness

Cons

None so far. Due to team change in Europe we may need to increase the head count asap. Otherwise I know that upper management is taking care of that.

"My experience at TeraRecon"

Current Employee - Vice President Partner Programs in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President Partner Programs in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Terarecon (More than 3 years)

Pros

1. World-leader in Advanced Visualization in Medicine
    2. Company culture driven by big ambitious business goals, technology leadership and respect for the talents of each one of the employees.
    3. Fast paced and a drive to grow.
    4. Employee empowerment and expectation that people will take responsibility and act.
    5. Employee impact on company top and bottom line.
    6. An excellent onboarding program with rotations through key departments aligned with employee strengths provide significant experience that is very useful in permanent position.Community

Cons

Not really cons but you need to be able to fit in the culture of a small company
    1. Fast paced. You should be wiling to be an active creative contributor
    2. Not be afraid to speak up. We need your ideas and contributions
    3. Not be afraid of change. and of driving change
    4. Take ownership of projects and initiatives big and small

Advice to Management

Keep up with changing the culture and challenging everyone to drive to excellence.

7. "Innovative Company, Phenomenal People, Amazing Future!"

Current Employee - Strategic Sales Representative in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Strategic Sales Representative in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Terarecon full-time

Pros

TeraRecon offers a Sales Associate Development Program that gave me an outstanding start to my career! I will forever owe my experiences to TeraRecon and the savvy people that work here. TeraRecon is a very innovative company that offers individuals a family culture, mentorship, and a clear vision for the future! Jeff Sorenson is an inspiring and motivational leader that can be described as a Visionary, absolutely a brilliant mind.

Cons

At this time no Cons.

8. "Inspiring and challenging company!"

Current Employee - Administrative Specialist in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Administrative Specialist in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Terarecon part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great colleagues, great mentors, family culture, challenging work while the Company is guided by a truly inspiring CEO.

Cons

The company grew too fast in a small period of time. Moving from a decentralized to a more centralized culture can lead to confusion when trying to accomplish daily tasks. Although , we all know changes are needed in a fast technological environment to keep on the top and we will get there!

Advice to Management

Great management! It takes a lot of dedication and hard work to keep performing at a high level. Keep it up!

9. "Feels like home"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Pros

When you work at TeraRecon, you feel respected, your opinion counts, and you are asked "Is there anything else we can do to help to promote and keep the talent and innovation within the company".
    There are surveys and company update meetings held on the regular basis. During those meetings, we find out about new products and status of the company , the best employees are recognized, and the stories about their dedication to everyday hard work and accomplishments are told. So, we know our "Unsung Heroes".
    There is food and beverages for employees in the company's refrigerators and cupboards, and special events and holiday lunches are served.
    TeraRecon offers good benefits and promotes hard working and talented employees.
    So, naturally, you feel taken care of and, therefore, like "at home".

Cons

Having offices and employees spread all over the World, sometimes requires patience because of the time differences :)

Advice to Management

Keep it up

"FAKE Positive Reviews. Absolute WORST company"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Foster City, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Foster City, CA

I worked at Terarecon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is nothing positive to list.

Cons

HR added ~ 20 FAKE positive reviews in less than 10 days with overwhelming positive reviews.

This is a JUNK company
    No new learning.
    Loose all your technical skills.
    Work like a slave in a Japanese labor facility.
    Very less salary.
    Dictator like Director.
    Very high turnover.
    No growth.
    They don't have money.
    If there is a negative rating, I would give a negative 5 rating.

Advice to Management

Close the company.

"Consider your other options carefully"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA

I have been working at Terarecon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work load is not that heavy
    Friendly coworkers, environment
    Really good life/work balance
    Nice area, if you want to go for a walk next to ocean during lunch time!

Cons

No career growth
    Using old technologies, some resistance to change
    Too much politics instead of honest transparency
    Very low pay