Terex Analyst Reviews | Glassdoor

Analyst

4.9
John L. Garrison, Jr

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Compared to most accounting jobs the work/life balance is excellent, and there is no "busy season"" (in 29 reviews)

• "Great people -- no "prima donnas"" (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • "Lot of value focus and work life balance" (in 14 reviews)

• "Upper management says "safety first" but they dont actually care about our safety" (in 10 reviews)

1. "Associate at Corporate"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Westport, CT
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Westport, CT

I have been working at Terex full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Supportive mangers
    -Great benefits and perks
    -Good pay

Cons

I get the impression that there is not a ton of upward mobility within the corporate division, that to move up at Terex, you have to be willing to relocate.

Jul 18, 2018 – Communications Manager

Hello. Thank you for writing. It’s nice to hear that you believe your managers are supportive, and that we have great benefits and perks here at Terex. Increasingly we live in a competitive... More

2. "Great benefits and a laid back company structure"

Current Employee - Analyst in Westport, CT
    Current Employee - Analyst in Westport, CT

I have been working at Terex full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Laid back - not a high pressure environment

Cons

Great company culture. Awesome people to work with. Lot of value focus and work life balance.

3. "Great Culture and Mobility"

Current Employee - Analyst in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Terex full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

In 10 years I have met less than a handful of unprofessional people at Terex AWP - Genie. This is a surprisingly small amount of people compared to other places I've worked. Upper management is mostly approachable and the culture of LEAN improvements is prevalent. How to fix a mistake, or problem, tends to be the first question and not who made the mistake or problem. Process Improvements not People Problems. Plenty of room to move around the company and if needed move up or move to other divisions.

Cons

As in most companies job satisfaction tends to be directly related to one's direct supervisor or manager. Occasionally one gets promoted that shouldn't or a bad hire at the management level happens. Even a rare bad manager can cause serious morale problems and there seems to be no real way to offer feedback about upper management. Hiring a backfill position can take a long time and that puts more stress on the other employees in that department.

Advice to Management

Keep the Genie Culture going.

Oct 13, 2015

Thanks for reaching out to Glass Door.

A commitment to continuous improvement isn’t just one of our “Terex Way” values – it’s a mindset that can be seen just about anywhere you go throughout... More

"Going downhill, quickly!"

Former Employee - Buyer/Cost Down Analyst in Durand, MI
    Former Employee - Buyer/Cost Down Analyst in Durand, MI

Pros

There aren't many pros I can currently think of for working at Terex in the MPS Division. Ok, the pay is decent and the Insurance is pretty good.

Cons

The leader of the division is an absolute tyrant who curses personnel in public and cares about nothing but the bottom dollar. He needs to quit our Ron DeFeo needs to fire him. 14 people have left the division within the last year whic says something for a decaying company.

Advice to Management

The morale at the Durand location is horrible and no one is working to fix it.

Jun 2, 2015

Thank you for sharing your comments on the Terex Glassdoor page.

We are concerned about your views regarding a member of our management team. Throughout Terex, we strive to live by our “Terex... More

5. "Easy going environment."

Current Employee - Analyst in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Terex full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work/life balance, people are friendly

Cons

Political, slow, not challenging, no good development program

"A challenged manufacturing company with good people but not a lot of will to change the old habits."

Current Employee - Analyst in Redmond, WA

Pros

Terex is a young, global corporation that provides opportunities for people who fit in the heavy manufacturing industry.

Cons

Terex is made up of several companies. These entities work independently, there is not a lot of collaboration within and between them. Career development is not very transparent.

Advice to Management

It must be a tough challenge to modernize an old us manufacturing company. Senior management needs to bring new blood, while keeping the knowledge of the people who have been working in the company for a long time.

7. "Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Market Research Analyst in Bengaluru (India)
    Former Employee - Market Research Analyst in Bengaluru (India)

I worked at Terex full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good Work Life Balance.
    Good Compensatation.

Cons

Company is selling off many segments, If you are in that segment, Job can't be assure once acquization is over.

"Roller coaster"

Current Employee - Analyst
    Current Employee - Analyst

Pros

Cool products with rich history and chance to really capitalize on global infrastructure growth especially as demand stays strong in those markets

Cons

Unable to integrate into an operating company and do not hold employees and leaders accountable for dismal results. Steady state of denial and delusion permeate the organization

Advice to Management

Start holding themselves and their team members accountable for current state of affairs and if they cannot change than replace with people that will make the hard decisions