Terex Analyst Reviews

Updated Mar 26, 2020

4.3
Terex Chief Executive Officer and President John L. Garrison, Jr (no image)
John L. Garrison, Jr
  1. "Associate at Corporate"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Westport, CT

I have been working at Terex full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Supportive mangers -Great benefits and perks -Good pay

Cons

I get the impression that there is not a ton of upward mobility within the corporate division, that to move up at Terex, you have to be willing to relocate.

July 18, 2018Communications Manager

Hello. Thank you for writing. It’s nice to hear that you believe your managers are supportive, and that we have great benefits and perks here at Terex. Increasingly we live in a competitive marketplace, and it is tough to keep top talent, so we are also happy to hear that you are pleased with your compensation. Regarding upward mobility, we would encourage you to speak with your manager about your career aspirations and your individual development plan. As a global company, we have numerous career opportunities around the world. We take talent development seriously and strive develop our talent so that we can fill open positions internally as well as externally. In addition to talking to your manager, we would encourage you to watch out for job postings on www.Terex.Jobs, as well.

2. "Great benefits and a laid back company structure"

Current Employee - Analyst in Westport, CT

I have been working at Terex full-time for less than a year

Pros

Laid back - not a high pressure environment

Cons

Great company culture. Awesome people to work with. Lot of value focus and work life balance.

3. "Great Culture and Mobility"

4.0
    Current Employee - Analyst in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Terex full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

In 10 years I have met less than a handful of unprofessional people at Terex AWP - Genie. This is a surprisingly small amount of people compared to other places I've worked. Upper management is mostly approachable and the culture of LEAN improvements is prevalent. How to fix a mistake, or problem, tends to be the first question and not who made the mistake or problem. Process Improvements not People Problems. Plenty of room to move around the company and if needed move up or move to other divisions.

Cons

As in most companies job satisfaction tends to be directly related to one's direct supervisor or manager. Occasionally one gets promoted that shouldn't or a bad hire at the management level happens. Even a rare bad manager can cause serious morale problems and there seems to be no real way to offer feedback about upper management. Hiring a backfill position can take a long time and that puts more stress on the other employees in that department.

October 13, 2015

Thanks for reaching out to Glass Door. A commitment to continuous improvement isn’t just one of our “Terex Way” values – it’s a mindset that can be seen just about anywhere you go throughout Terex. Let’s face it: isn’t it more fun and rewarding to try to make something better? Because of this, Terex tends to attract team members who are open to new experiences, which can lead to some interesting – even unexpected -- career opportunities. While no hiring process is foolproof, we work very hard to ensure that the candidates we hire in all capacities are not only technically qualified but well-suited to the Terex environment. When you are successful, we are successful. Although we strive to fill open positions as quickly as possible, we think that taking the time needed to make these decisions is time well spent. Terex Human Resources

"Going downhill, quickly!"

1.0
    Buyer/Cost Down Analyst in Durand, MI

I worked at Terex

Pros

There aren't many pros I can currently think of for working at Terex in the MPS Division. Ok, the pay is decent and the Insurance is pretty good.

Cons

The leader of the division is an absolute tyrant who curses personnel in public and cares about nothing but the bottom dollar. He needs to quit our Ron DeFeo needs to fire him. 14 people have left the division within the last year whic says something for a decaying company.

June 2, 2015

Thank you for sharing your comments on the Terex Glassdoor page. We are concerned about your views regarding a member of our management team. Throughout Terex, we strive to live by our “Terex Way” values -- which include a commitment to respect and integrity – and do not believe that the situation you describe is a prevalent one. To ensure that our managers operate with the utmost professionalism and under a consistent set of high standards, we recently rolled out a new development training program called “Managing for Success,” which is required for all managers globally. The program reinforces our values and provides managers with specific tools for being successful Terex team leaders. This is in addition to our “Supervising for Success” training program – launched globally in 2013. We have received very good feedback from both of these training programs. Your comments are important to us and appreciate your sharing them. Terex Corporate Human Resources

5. "Easy going environment."

Current Employee - Analyst in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Terex full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work/life balance, people are friendly

Cons

Political, slow, not challenging, no good development program

"A challenged manufacturing company with good people but not a lot of will to change the old habits."

2.0
    Analyst in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Terex

Pros

Terex is a young, global corporation that provides opportunities for people who fit in the heavy manufacturing industry.

Cons

Terex is made up of several companies. These entities work independently, there is not a lot of collaboration within and between them. Career development is not very transparent.

7. "Friendly"

4.0
    Former Employee - Pricing Analyst in Dungannon, Northern Ireland

I worked at Terex full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly work environment Good work life balance

Cons

Didn’t have any while I was here

April 26, 2020Director, Corporate Communications

Thank you for your kind words. It sounds like Terex Materials Processing in Dungannon was a good experience for you, and we are glad to hear that. Wishing you continued success and all best!

8. "Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Market Research Analyst in Bangalore

I worked at Terex full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good Work Life Balance. Good Compensatation.

Cons

Company is selling off many segments, If you are in that segment, Job can't be assure once acquization is over.

"Roller coaster"

2.0
    Analyst

I have been working at Terex

Pros

Cool products with rich history and chance to really capitalize on global infrastructure growth especially as demand stays strong in those markets

Cons

Unable to integrate into an operating company and do not hold employees and leaders accountable for dismal results. Steady state of denial and delusion permeate the organization

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 9 reviews