KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Terex Corporation Analyst Reviews

Updated Mar 5, 2021

Found 18 of over 676 reviews

3.3
Terex Corporation Chief Executive Officer and President John L. Garrison, Jr (no image)
John L. Garrison, Jr

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Terex Corporation and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Great company

Jan 28, 2021 - Financial Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay, benefits. This company cares a lot about its employees.

Cons

None! This is a great company to work for!

2. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Aweful Turnover

Mar 5, 2021 - Financial Analyst in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Not much to comment good

Cons

Terrible direction and decisions at senior management

3. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Hit Hard by COVID

Jan 16, 2021 - Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Interesting projects, daunting technical challenges, great people

Cons

IT is understaffed and the whole organization is top-heavy in Directors and VPs

Director, Corporate Communications

Thank you for your posting. Our IT team is exceptional, from leadership (which is not "top heavy") through the entire global organization. You mention COVID-19 in your header... the Terex IT team did a remarkable job of helping the entire company pivot to online collaboration after the pandemic hit. This helped us to keep the team safe, largely working remotely, while enabling us to continue to deliver for our customers. Where the team did need to work on site, we have kept strict COVID-19 safety protocols in place and have succeeded in making our facilities safe havens from COVID-19 transmission. Wishing you good things going forward.

4. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

IT dept ran by bunch of clown

Nov 12, 2020 - Systems Analyst in New Haven, CT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits (before the pandemic), comparable to other company in the industry

Cons

Some department run wild and the leadership will just take the word of their managers, IT dept in particular, business are complaining daily in regards to the support that they are getting

5. 3.0

Great company and benefits

Dec 2, 2020 - Senior Materials Analyst in Rock Hill, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits for employees; Small company feeling

Cons

Seasonal demand and very insonsistent

6. 3.0

Stagnant environment.

Oct 1, 2020 - Business Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very good work life balance.

Cons

Linear advancement is almost impossible. Must move to another department in order to advance. Most positions don't have a career path.

7. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great Culture and Mobility

Sep 23, 2015 - Analyst in Redmond, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

In 10 years I have met less than a handful of unprofessional people at Terex AWP - Genie. This is a surprisingly small amount of people compared to other places I've worked. Upper management is mostly approachable and the culture of LEAN improvements is prevalent. How to fix a mistake, or problem, tends to be the first question and not who made the mistake or problem. Process Improvements not People Problems. Plenty of room to move around the company and if needed move up or move to other divisions.

Cons

As in most companies job satisfaction tends to be directly related to one's direct supervisor or manager. Occasionally one gets promoted that shouldn't or a bad hire at the management level happens. Even a rare bad manager can cause serious morale problems and there seems to be no real way to offer feedback about upper management. Hiring a backfill position can take a long time and that puts more stress on the other employees in that department.

Terex Corporation Response

Thanks for reaching out to Glass Door. A commitment to continuous improvement isn’t just one of our “Terex Way” values – it’s a mindset that can be seen just about anywhere you go throughout Terex. Let’s face it: isn’t it more fun and rewarding to try to make something better? Because of this, Terex tends to attract team members who are open to new experiences, which can lead to some interesting – even unexpected -- career opportunities. While no hiring process is foolproof, we work very hard to ensure that the candidates we hire in all capacities are not only technically qualified but well-suited to the Terex environment. When you are successful, we are successful. Although we strive to fill open positions as quickly as possible, we think that taking the time needed to make these decisions is time well spent. Terex Human Resources

8. 2.0
    Current Employee

A challenged manufacturing company with good people but not a lot of will to change the old habits.

Jan 4, 2009 - Analyst in Redmond, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Terex is a young, global corporation that provides opportunities for people who fit in the heavy manufacturing industry.

Cons

Terex is made up of several companies. These entities work independently, there is not a lot of collaboration within and between them. Career development is not very transparent.

1 person found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Associate at Corporate

Jun 29, 2018 - Financial Analyst in Westport, CT
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Supportive mangers -Great benefits and perks -Good pay

Cons

I get the impression that there is not a ton of upward mobility within the corporate division, that to move up at Terex, you have to be willing to relocate.

Communications Manager

Hello. Thank you for writing. It’s nice to hear that you believe your managers are supportive, and that we have great benefits and perks here at Terex. Increasingly we live in a competitive marketplace, and it is tough to keep top talent, so we are also happy to hear that you are pleased with your compensation. Regarding upward mobility, we would encourage you to speak with your manager about your career aspirations and your individual development plan. As a global company, we have numerous career opportunities around the world. We take talent development seriously and strive develop our talent so that we can fill open positions internally as well as externally. In addition to talking to your manager, we would encourage you to watch out for job postings on www.Terex.Jobs, as well.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great benefits and a laid back company structure

Feb 12, 2018 - Analyst in Westport, CT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Laid back - not a high pressure environment

Cons

Great company culture. Awesome people to work with. Lot of value focus and work life balance.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 18 Reviews