Find jobs for Sales

Terex Corporation Sales Reviews

Updated Aug 31, 2021

Found 23 of over 691 reviews

4.3
Terex Corporation Chief Executive Officer and President John L. Garrison, Jr (no image)
John L. Garrison, Jr

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Terex Corporation and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Good Company

Nov 11, 2020 - Territory Sales Manager in Lancaster, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Love the flexibility and the employees who make the experience enjoyable

Cons

There is nothing about the company that I can say I do not like

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 4.0

Good Company

Feb 24, 2021 - Sales Manager in Watertown, SD
    Business Outlook

Pros

Salary and benefits are comparable or aboce other companies

Cons

Public Company as any other is bottom line

3. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Terex

Jan 2, 2021 - Territory Sales Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Colleagues were great to work with and good company benefits.

Cons

Management is secretive and when they say they are being transparent, they are lying.

2 people found this review helpful

Director, Corporate Communications

We are glad you enjoyed working with your colleagues but are disappointed in your view of management. Terex is widely known for being a scrupulously ethical company where integrity, respect and other team member values are emphasized over and over, at every level. One's experiences are personal and subjective. However, being secretive or dishonest is not an accurate reflection of this company.

4. 1.0

Sep 2, 2019 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

They have a good product

Cons

Its a boys club atmosphere

5. 5.0

First 6 months

May 17, 2015 - Territory Sales Manager in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

My experience with Terex has been very positive throughout the first six months of employment. If you've ever been new to an organization you know what kind of challenge I'm talking about. Every hurdle has been met with a solutions based mindset with an attitude of "we can do this". I would recommend Terex to anyone who wanted to work in a place where they can realize their full potential.

Cons

Operational training can be a little more thorough. However, Terex has a way of hiring competent people that can handle the challenge of adversity.

1 person found this review helpful

Terex Corporation Response

Thank you for your comments. It’s great to know that you have had such a good experience as a new Terex team member. As a somewhat entrepreneurial company, we tend to be lower on structure and higher on individuality and creativity. Because of this, opportunity abounds. It can be equally true that some on-the-job learning is built into training programs. I think you have found, and will find, that there are plenty of people to help you along the way. Terex Human Resources

6. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Snowball headed for hell

Jul 8, 2014 - Sales in Grand Rapids, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Co-workers, some of the best Ive ever worked with Track machines we build are best in the industry and employees are proud of the product they build. Never boring.....things always seem to change every two years!

Cons

Big disconnect between management and workers. Alot of individuals talents not being utilized Company doesnt realize what potential this product could bring them.

9 people found this review helpful

Admin

My name is Natasha Valani and I work in the Human Resources department at Terex Corporation. On behalf of Terex, I would like to apologize for your negative experience at our Grand Rapids facility. There should not be such a large communication gap among team members at any Terex location. One of our Terex Way values --Servant Leadership -- details how it is expected that Terex leaders will foster a “chain of support” versus a “chain of command” culture. Your opinion of Terex is important to us and we will share your comments with our Grand Rapids leadership team, so they can look into this situation. Once again, our sincere apologies.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company

Feb 28, 2017 - Sales in Richmond, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company is very focused on employee well being and safety

Cons

Slow moving sometimes and very strict with SOX compliance (not a con unless you are trying to make a lot of sales lol)

8. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Enjoyed working at Terex

Mar 10, 2017 - Inside Sales in Memphis, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Offers great encentives and benefits and on the job training.

Cons

At times, my position was required to travel and layoffs were a frequent concern.

9. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Bloated and full of confusion

Dec 3, 2015 - Territory Sales Manager in Columbus, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

The only pro I can share is that I was able to remove myself from the menacing black machinery and the treachery that lives within.

Cons

To big of a company to care how anyone is treated.

4 people found this review helpful
  10. 1.0
    Former Employee

Territory Sales Manager Prospective

Sep 2, 2016 - Territory Sales Manager in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company car, credit card, flexible schedule

Cons

Lack of experienced leadership Lack of technology Lack of culture Lack of relationships and stability. Worked as a TSM for Terex Services formally Crane America, very obvious from the beginning the leadership was completely lacking. They acted more as dictators than anything else. They would famously say, "Let me know if you need any help." Then when you asked for help, they would tell you what you were doing wrong instead of providing any insight or guidance. Over time I learned to not ask at all. There was an instance where I discovered a racial remark written on the wall, Human Resources was to conduct an investigation, instead they just had someone cover up what was written. The issue was never addressed, partly because they were so desperate to keep employees. This was the first publicly traded company I worked for and I was shocked at the lack of tools available for training and self improvement, such as Six Sigma. During the initial interview I was told the commission structure was X when it ended up being Y. From the beginning I felt conned. My direct report severely exaggerated the actual amount of money that I would be making despite closing multiple opportunities. Kone Cranes is scheduled to acquire Terex Services in January 2017, maybe they can infuse some of the things this company is lacking. The job began to become more stressful by the hour. Sales people were pressured severely to get results despite having few tools at their disposal. I would not recommend this company. Lack of diversity. Lack of training. Lack of leadership. Over exaggerated commission. The process of putting an order into the system was beyond cumbersome and obsolete. Many of the other TSMs were having to work overtime and weekends just to keep up with the workload. Favoritism runs rife throughout the organization. Lack of work life balance. Lack of tools for sale professionals. Unprofessional acting leadership.

3 people found this review helpful

Communications Specialist

We’re sorry that you didn’t have a better experience, but we do maintain an open door policy, and would have liked to have had the opportunity to work with you regarding your concerns while you were here. Diversity & Inclusion, in particular, are very important to us and, as you probably know, we require all new team members to take online diversity training through Terex University, which also offers a wide variety of training and developmental opportunities. Nonetheless, we have shared your feedback with the local management team and wish you the best as you move forward.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 23 Reviews