Cover image for Terex Corporation

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Terex Corporation Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Aug 31, 2021

Verify your email to use filters. Having problems? Resend email
Found 834 of over 837 reviews
3.7
76% Recommend to a Friend
87% Approve of CEO

Found 57 of over 837 reviews

3.7
Terex Corporation Chief Executive Officer and President John L. Garrison, Jr (no image)
John L. Garrison, Jr

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "3) Poor management: My management only focus on what you can do, not on where you want to grow your career.(in 26 reviews)
  • "Business is very cyclical, layoffs every few years so job security is an issue(in 18 reviews)
  • "Salary off industy average, red tape to complete projects, At current facility can be very difficult to progess because of size.(in 13 reviews)
  • "The upper management seems not knowing what they are doing.(in 12 reviews)
  • "No leadership and when there is it's not the type that inspires you to follow.(in 10 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Terex Corporation and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great benefits and a laid back company structure

Feb 12, 2018 - Analyst in Westport, CT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Laid back - not a high pressure environment

Cons

Great company culture. Awesome people to work with. Lot of value focus and work life balance.

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good job

Aug 4, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good work/life balance, good benefits and an all around good atmosphere. The employees were great! I miss this job! Too bad we had to shut down

Cons

There were really no down sides. It just sucks that we’re shut down due to COVID-19. But they made sure we were straight in the end. I really miss that company.

Director, Corporate Communications

Thank you, and wishing you continued success. To be clear, our business is not shut down. Some of our manufacturing centers had to suspend during the peaks of COVID-19 due to local government mandates. We have been operational since those early days of the pandemic in 2020, and demand for our products has come back strongly in 2021.

3. Join the Terex Corporation team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0

Great career

Feb 25, 2021 - Cons in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Had an amazing career and development opportunities

Cons

Work life balance & focus is clearly shareholder value.

1 person found this review helpful

Director, Corporate Communications

Thank you for your thoughtful posting. We are glad to see you have had a great career with development opportunities. Work/life balance is indeed always a challenge. Shareholder value is essential. We place a high value on team member engagement and morale, and work/life balance is therefore also essential!

5. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Mixed Experiences

Feb 2, 2021 - Director in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great colleagues. Respectful work environment, Very, very quiet workplace in the office. Decent pay at most levels. Good work/life balance. Huge commitment to safety.

Cons

Upper management giving sometimes conflicting directions with serious repercussions for the company, employees and their families. Employees at all levels are treated as $$$ and disposed of when the company stock price goes down.

3 people found this review helpful
  6. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Decent Experience

Feb 2, 2021 - Manufacturing Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance, growth opportunities, safety focused

Cons

High turnover, cyclical business, some locations very noisy and dirty

7. 3.0
    Current Employee

Stagnant environment.

Oct 1, 2020 - Business Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very good work life balance.

Cons

Linear advancement is almost impossible. Must move to another department in order to advance. Most positions don't have a career path.

2 people found this review helpful
  8. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Ok for an entry level job, but not a place to make your career

Aug 4, 2020 - Mechanical Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

I had some great coworkers-that is the biggest pro. Most coworkers are helpful and willing to teach. Decent benefits in terms of 401k match, PTO, ESPP, insurance. Schedule and work life balance were good, but that is unique to design engineering and I can't say the same for production groups. You can be very hands on if you want to be. If you are the right personality and in the right place/time, you can get decent resume building experience (but there is limited opportunities for this)

Cons

In terms of compensation, they are not industry leaders and relative to the area are not competitive-so you don't work here for the money. Consistent underachievement of company wide financial goals results in layoffs every few years-you won't find stability for a long term career if that is what you hope for. In terms of career development, it's hit or miss. If you are in new product development (which typically you have to earn you way there putting your time in sustaining engineering), there are better opportunities to do engineering. If you are in sustaining engineering, unless you are one of the few mentioned above, career development is not great; putting out fires of production related issues, designing brackets, using excel to make BOM and configuration changes, part manual redlines-hardly the stuff that impressive resumes are made of or that will take you places. A few managers really are great, many were just average at best, but there also some that are like frat boys in a good ole' boys club, where if you are within their circle, you have it made . Reviews entail objectives that are generically and broadly cascaded down from upper management and your performance is rated at least in part on areas completely outside of your sphere of influence. Internal career development/promotions can be challenging/frustrating. If you want a promotion, you have to basically being doing the workload of the job title that you want before you get the official title and pay scale that come with it.

5 people found this review helpful
  9. 4.0
    Former Employee

Decent Company

Jul 19, 2020 - Finance
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance Friendly people

Cons

Could not retain good people

10. 4.0

Nice people

Mar 26, 2019 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work with, corporate setting, work life balance

Cons

A lot of changes recently

11. 3.0

Terex AWP (Genie Ind) NPD Engineering

Aug 29, 2018 - Mechanical Design Engineer in Redmond, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

OK work-life balance. You get to work on wide range of engineering aspects of a design if you are in new product development, and are interested and push to do so. As you climb, you can manage your boss enough to focus on your main areas of interest (but you need to be stubborn about it). The engineers that follow their interest here always find a way to off-load what they don't want to do on someone 'below' them... I'm sure that's not unique to Terex. CEO Garrison seems to be making positive changes, taking realistic long view. Working here you avoid the pitfalls of market-rate pay and high bonuses offered for similar positions at nearby companies… where would you spend the money anyway? Career opportunities... if you go management route. Not so much for staying technical.

Cons

Antiquated engineering change management systems. Poor engineering policies, procedures, and controls. Little or no /real/ training - sink or swim on-boarding... which leads to "cowboys". Many pockets of Engineering Dept are populated by “cowboys” or engineers who are just ticking boxes; quantity over quality (maybe this is a 'pro' for you?). Operations/manufacturing is often resistant to change, think they are the real 'customers', over the companies /actual/ customers. 'Servant Leadership' (company tenant) is complete and utter BS -- you get ahead here by ticking boxes for your manager, not by helping those below you or those affected by your work. People often don't worry too much about people down-stream of their decisions, just as long as they are pleasant and smile they can do pretty much what they want. Just ship it! Ramping up engineering employment now, which absolutely means we are about to begin 'right-sizing' people within 6 months.

2 people found this review helpful

Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. First, we are glad to hear that you have noticed positive changes occurring as a result of our strategy introduced by CEO John Garrison. As a global company, we are able to offer a variety of career opportunities for our team members to explore, and we seek to understand our team member’s career aspirations and help achieve them. This is true whether there is a desire to move into management or not. In fact, one of the changes we’ve worked to implement over the past several years are the career opportunities for team members who want to remain in technical roles. We also strive to offer compensation in line with the market. You mentioned our Terex Way Values. We take great pride in our values, including Servant Leadership, and we sincerely expect our leaders, managers and supervisors to do the same. We also know that we can and must continue to improve — which is why Improvement is another of our values. It is our vision to be the best place to work in the industry, as judged by our team members. We cannot continue to work toward that goal unless team members like you have the Courage — another one of our Terex Way Values — to speak up and tell us when they see room for improvement. In fact, your comments illustrate an area where we can work to do better, which is communication and helping team members understand why decisions are made, particularly when those decisions impact our teams or individuals. Just as the quality of our team members’ experience is important to us, the quality of the machines we produce for our customers is of the utmost importance. A bedrock belief of Genie’s founders was that the customer is the center of our universe. That belief remains ingrained in the fabric of our culture at Terex AWP. That means that we do things right, every time, and ensure everything we do is high quality. If you have specific concerns about safety, quality, or processes, we encourage you to escalate those concerns so that we can fix anything that needs correcting. It’s clear that you’ve put a great deal of thought into your comments, and we appreciate your honest feedback. If you have specific concerns that we can address, or suggestions that could help us improve our processes, products, or our workplace environment for you and other team members, we encourage you to talk to with your manager, human resources, a Business Practice Advocate, or any other member of our leadership team you feel comfortable speaking with. Our hope would be that by engaging in an honest conversation, we can work with you to identify opportunities that help you achieve your career goals while driving business success for our company and our customers.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 57 Reviews
</>Embed

Popular Careers with Terex Corporation Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Terex Corporation? Share Your Experiences

Affiliated Companies

Terex Corporation Careers

Cover image for Terex Corporation

"As a software engineer in the Controls team I have loved the opportunities and flexibility I have at Terex. I have had the opportunity to...More

• Terex Way Values
  • Benefits
  • Citizenship
  • Zero Harm

Reviews by Job Title

Company Updates

115 days ago

Company News
Terex Corporation Released Strong Earnings Results for Q2 2022! CFO Julie Beck thanked team members worldwide for their successful team efforts throughout the quarter. The Company revised earnings guidance for 2022 upwards based on the quarterly results. For more information, visit the Terex investor pages: https://investors.terex.com/investor-relations/home/default.aspx
Shared image - Home
Home
investors.terex.com

169 days ago

Careers
Early Talent + Experience = A Great Team! Kathryn ‘Kat’ Doucette (r) completed a Welding Technology program at the Seacoast School of Technology and joined CBI/Terex Corporation in January 2022. Here she is (June 2022) shaking hands with visiting US Sen. Maggie Hassan (D-New Hampshire), who toured the plant with Terex CFO Julie Beck. Kat's Team Leader Todd Buttrick began training Kat on the various machines in the shop and she is now performing various weld jobs independently, without supervision.
Shared image

Terex Corporation Photos

+ Add Photo
Terex Corporation photo of: Celebrating 10 years of our Hosur facility in India - a real milestone for the entire team 👏
Terex Corporation photo of: Terex unveiled its new £12m facility in Campsie. The 105,000 sq foot facility manufactures heavy equipment for Terex Ecotec and mobile conveyors.
Terex Corporation photo of: Melissa Holobach, General Manager of our Oklahoma City facility, has been recently recognized by Diversity Journal in its 2019 'Women Worth Watching' profiles.
Terex Corporation photo of: Fuchs team members who celebrated their 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30 years of service in 2019!
Terex Corporation photo of: One of our Genie interns reached the summit of Argentina's Aconcagua, the highest peak in the Western Hemisphere, with the help of his Genie® socks.
Terex Corporation photo of: Terex Omagh took part in Northern Ireland's (NI) 2019 Big Shops Showdown, on behalf of Cancer Focus , raising an impressive £3,339
Terex Corporation photo of: Year 14 pupils from Loreto Grammar School in Omagh, NorthernIreland enjoyed a presentation on Engineering and STEM careers from our Team Member, Claire.

Expert Career Advice

Boeing

3.8

14,135 Reviews
Compare

Glassdoor has 837 Terex Corporation reviews submitted anonymously by Terex Corporation employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Terex Corporation is right for you.