Find jobs for Manager

Terex Manager Reviews

Updated Feb 14, 2020

3.7
Terex Chief Executive Officer and President John L. Garrison, Jr (no image)
John L. Garrison, Jr

"Forward-Thinking Company that cares"

Current Employee - Communications Manager in Westport, CT

I have been working at Terex full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great benefits including new flexible work arrangements, paid maternal and secondary care-giver leave, telecommuting, 401k, stock purchase options, and healthcare with vision, dental. - Global footprint with plenty of opportunity to expand your skills, travel, and engage with multiple cultures. - Talent development program enables you to take control of your career and map out your aspirations. - Management that seriously cares about its team members - CEO with a plan and the willingness to get things done - Great bonuses when company is doing well - Serious about early talent and attracting / retaining millennial workforce - Company is doing well thanks to the execution of its strategy and an uptick in the market.

Cons

- Complex corporate environment means the company is not as nimble as it could be. - Stuck in old ways at times, but new talent is pushing the company into new ways of thinking and doing business. - You may be asked to do things that do not fit your job description, which can be a con if you are not willing to wear multiple hats at once.

Terex2018-05-07
  2. "Great company"

Current Employee - Purchasing Manager in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at Terex full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great company lot of ability to lead-Company has an eCost platform that is a world-class business intelligence database for tracking Costs.

Cons

Company may not be in the top quartile of competitors -they have utilized consultants over the last three years to try to find their place.

Terex2019-12-08

January 26, 2020Director, Corporate Communications

Thank you for your four-star review and feedback. We aspire to be in the top quartile for metrics that pertain to team members, customers and investors. We have invested in modernized, integrated systems to provide world-class business intelligence - we appreciate your comment. And "don't micromanage" is good advice - thanks again!

3. "Good company"

Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in Waco, TX

I worked at Terex full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good benefits and compensation package

Cons

No real Cons at this company

Terex2019-08-07
  4. "Nice people"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Terex full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great people to work with, corporate setting, work life balance

Cons

A lot of changes recently

Terex2019-03-26

"Organization if poor"

1.0
    Former Employee - Regional Business Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Terex full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexibility to work from home

Cons

You have to sell your lunch to afford dinner, that's how they operate at least in the business I've worked for. They do a terrible job integrating the companies they acquired, then key people leave, they lose market share, don't invest in R&D and just get way behind the market leaders. Product support is terrible, parts availability, service, and the list goes on.

Terex2019-03-22
  6. "Great place to learn many different aspects of manufacturing engineering."

Manager in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Terex

Pros

Lots of diverse work experience here

Cons

Since its manufacturing it can be unstable with overtime

Terex2018-06-22
  7. "Communications Manager"

Current Employee - Communications Manager in Westport, CT

I have been working at Terex full-time for less than a year

Pros

Teams are engaged and motivated; people are bright and thoughtful; the mission is clear and management is candid about what is expected - overall a very positive culture in which to work.

Cons

I can't think of any cons at this point.

Terex2018-02-04
  8. "Great Culture & Great Benefits"

Current Employee - Accounting Manager

I have been working at Terex full-time

Pros

Team members are encouraged and empowered to identify ways to improve processes, in fact, it's expected that all team members contribute to realizing improvements...it's the culture here. Also, as a large, international company, there are lots of opportunities to work with people all over the world, travel (if desired), and take on new roles/positions (either within Waverly or at other locations). The benefits are great--health insurance is reasonable, good retirement matching, and ability to work from home at times.

Cons

Although change is great and drives improvement, at times I do wish for more stability within the Company; the last few years have been full of significant changes (reorganization of the finance function, realignment of the segments, realignment of the Global reporting structure, and implementing large-scale IT integration projects and upgrades). Each of these were key contributing factors to simplifying/improving the Company, overall, but it felt like a lot all at once. Fortunately, I think we are approaching a more stabilized state!

Terex2018-01-26

February 16, 2018Communications Manager

Hello, and thank you for writing. That’s awesome that you feel empowered and encouraged to suggest improvements to our business processes—that’s the best way for us to get better! You’re right, Terex is a global company and so offers unique opportunities to work with people all over the world. We’re also glad to hear you enjoy the benefits at Terex. Your work life balance, health, and overall well-being are important to us because we know we cannot do what we do without you. You’re also right that recent years have seen a lot of change, as we have undergone a major transformation to make us a stronger player in the marketplace. That said, we believe most of the heavy lifting is behind us, and we are focused on executing our strategy going forward. We agree with you—we are stabilizing, focusing, and executing our plan.

9. "Great Start"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Westport, CT

I have been working at Terex full-time for less than a year

Pros

I really enjoy the positive, can-do attitude and helpful nature of the people I am working with

Cons

A few bumps in the road during the on-boarding process and some areas need more robust processes or documentation to help new hires

Terex2018-01-19
  10. "Crane & Rigging Operations Manager"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Terex full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Love my career and love a challenge!

Cons

I have no time off

Terex2017-06-07

July 11, 2017Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write. As a member of our team, we value your input. Your career is taken seriously at Terex, so it means a lot to us when you let us know you love what you do. We hope you’re having a bit of fun, too! That said, time away from work is a vital part of a healthy career, and we expect all team members to enjoy—whether it’s vacation, time with the family, or a little relaxation. We encourage you to speak with your manager about scheduling your paid time off so that you can continue doing what you love in a healthy and balanced manner.

Found 39 reviews