Terex Manufacturing Engineer I Reviews | Glassdoor

Manufacturing Engineer I

3.1
John L. Garrison, Jr

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Compared to most accounting jobs the work/life balance is excellent, and there is no "busy season"" (in 28 reviews)

• "Great people -- no "prima donnas"" (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • "Lot of value focus and work life balance" (in 14 reviews)

• "Upper management says "safety first" but they dont actually care about our safety" (in 10 reviews)

"Management needs to improve"

Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer I in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Terex full-time

Pros

Great coworkers, decent benefits, and great training opportunities.

Cons

Managers dont follow what they preach, they dont like change, there is a lot of favoritism. Although it is advertised as 4/10 you often work fridays. Pay is what the industry standard is. If youre a minority, the odds are against you for progress in the company.

Advice to Management

Treat others how you would like tk be treated. Something their parents forgot to teach them

Jan 20, 2015 – Admin

Thank you for sharing your comments on the Terex Glassdoor page. We are glad to hear that you are satisfied with the training opportunities available at the Redmond, WA facility.

At Terex, we... More

"Great Place to gain exposure, poor place to develop"

Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer I in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Terex full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Always open to new ideas. Job security. Dynamic work environment. Many interesting people to work with.

Cons

Short sighted machine maintenance, organization has poor understanding of costs (focus is on BOM cost, not cost to manufacture/process), No enforcement of standards. Salaried engineers required to work 50+ hr weeks 80% of the year. Projects not managed.

Advice to Management

Understand/Establish piece cost. Incentivize talented engineers, not low performers. Manage Projects using Project Management Institute standards. Encourage career development.

Aug 4, 2015

We appreciate receiving your comments and agree that Terex is a dynamic place to work and a creative and open environment. We are always looking to improve costs and standards, as they are critical... More

"Many opportunities for growth and development, but bureaucracy and poor support will hold you back."

Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer I in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Terex full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most co-workers are hard working and ready to help you solve issues. Great opportunity to gain experience in lean manufacturing. Benefits are very good, including 401k, stock options, profit sharing, two week personal time, and Passport discount card. The quality of training can vary greatly depending on what department you go into.

Cons

Management is knowledgeable, but disconnected from work force and unresponsive. Support structure is poor and bureaucracy can be a great hinderance. There is a revolving door of managers, so you will constantly be dealing with a new boss with different standards.

Advice to Management

Someone needs to stick around long enough to understand their work force.

Oct 16, 2014 – Admin

Thank you for sharing your comments on the Terex Glassdoor page. We are glad to hear that you are pleased with the Terex benefits plan. Regarding our managers, we have recently rolled out a new... More

4. "Would definitely recommend it if you're looking for an easy job... It's not intellectually challenging, though"

Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer I in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer I in Seattle, WA

Pros

The tasks that they gave me were all pretty simple. I did not have to think too much to complete my project. It's really easy to finish your project.. And, the people over there are friendly..

Cons

I feel that the project does not really challenge me well. I feel that I can do more than what I currently do. Over the past six months, I became bored of what I do... Really not challenging.

Advice to Management

You should separate the task and responsibility of a technician and an engineer