Terex Manufacturing Engineer I Reviews

Updated May 20, 2015

3.1
Terex Chief Executive Officer and President John L. Garrison, Jr (no image)
John L. Garrison, Jr
0 Rating

"Management needs to improve"

4.0
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer I in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Terex full-time

Pros

Great coworkers, decent benefits, and great training opportunities.

Cons

Managers dont follow what they preach, they dont like change, there is a lot of favoritism. Although it is advertised as 4/10 you often work fridays. Pay is what the industry standard is. If youre a minority, the odds are against you for progress in the company.

Terex2015-01-16

January 20, 2015Admin

Thank you for sharing your comments on the Terex Glassdoor page. We are glad to hear that you are satisfied with the training opportunities available at the Redmond, WA facility. At Terex, we take pride in our diversity and inclusion initiatives and are concerned about your comment suggesting that it is difficult for minority team members to advance. We would urge you to share any concerns with your HR representative or management. In regards to our managers, we have recently rolled out a new development training program called “Managing for Success,” which is required training for all managers globally. Our goal is to have managers at each location complete this four- module curriculum by the end of 2015. This, and our “Supervising for Success” training program – launched in 2013 – are designed to ensure that all Terex leaders operate under a consistent set of high standards, wherever they are located. We have received very good feedback from both of these training programs. Your opinion is important to us and we thank you for sharing your feedback. Sincerely, Natasha Valani, HR

"Great Place to gain exposure, poor place to develop"

I have been working at Terex full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Always open to new ideas. Job security. Dynamic work environment. Many interesting people to work with.

Cons

Short sighted machine maintenance, organization has poor understanding of costs (focus is on BOM cost, not cost to manufacture/process), No enforcement of standards. Salaried engineers required to work 50+ hr weeks 80% of the year. Projects not managed.

Terex2015-05-20

August 4, 2015

We appreciate receiving your comments and agree that Terex is a dynamic place to work and a creative and open environment. We are always looking to improve costs and standards, as they are critical areas to our competitiveness. If you have recommendations, we would encourage you to share them with those who are in a position to weigh in on their merits. With regard to career development, we offer a number of supervisory and management programs for team members to develop their management skills. In addition, our online “Terex University” provides a wide range of learning opportunities for team members to develop new skills, undertake advanced training and complete required coursework. You are urged to explore these opportunities and make your interests known to your supervisor. Terex Human Resources

"Many opportunities for growth and development, but bureaucracy and poor support will hold you back."

2.0
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer I in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Terex full-time for more than a year

Pros

Most co-workers are hard working and ready to help you solve issues. Great opportunity to gain experience in lean manufacturing. Benefits are very good, including 401k, stock options, profit sharing, two week personal time, and Passport discount card. The quality of training can vary greatly depending on what department you go into.

Cons

Management is knowledgeable, but disconnected from work force and unresponsive. Support structure is poor and bureaucracy can be a great hinderance. There is a revolving door of managers, so you will constantly be dealing with a new boss with different standards.

Terex2014-10-14

October 16, 2014Admin

Thank you for sharing your comments on the Terex Glassdoor page. We are glad to hear that you are pleased with the Terex benefits plan. Regarding our managers, we have recently rolled out a new development training program called “Managing for Success,” which is required training for all managers globally. Our goal is to have managers at each location complete this four- module curriculum by the end of 2015. This, and our “Supervising for Success” training program – launched in 2013 – are designed to ensure that all Terex leaders operate under a consistent set of high standards, wherever they are located. We have received very good feedback from both of these training programs. As your comments were made regarding our Redmond, Washington location, we will share your feedback with our segment HR leaders in Redmond. Sincerely, Natasha Valani, HR

4. "Would definitely recommend it if you're looking for an easy job... It's not intellectually challenging, though"

Manufacturing Engineer I in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Terex

Pros

The tasks that they gave me were all pretty simple. I did not have to think too much to complete my project. It's really easy to finish your project.. And, the people over there are friendly..

Cons

I feel that the project does not really challenge me well. I feel that I can do more than what I currently do. Over the past six months, I became bored of what I do... Really not challenging.

Terex2008-09-23

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 4 reviews