Terex Manufacturing Engineer II Reviews | Glassdoor

Manufacturing Engineer II

3.6
John L. Garrison, Jr

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Compared to most accounting jobs the work/life balance is excellent, and there is no "busy season"" (in 28 reviews)

• "Great people -- no "prima donnas"" (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • "Lot of value focus and work life balance" (in 14 reviews)

• "Upper management says "safety first" but they dont actually care about our safety" (in 10 reviews)

1. "Great group of people and future opportunites!"

Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer II in Rock Hill, SC
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer II in Rock Hill, SC

I have been working at Terex full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The employees are great and easy to work with for the most part. Pay seems reasonable. I enjoy the type of projects I get to work on. Future growth opportunities exist.

Cons

Directions are quick to change. Daily "fires" easily become the major focus over long term development. Different teams often operate independent of each other while I believe there could be more cross functional teamwork.

Advice to Management

Focus on developing a plant to work more as a team and align to common goals. Live and act by the TBS principles we know over short term gains.

2. "Good culture and variety of work, but early start time"

Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer II in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer II in Redmond, WA

I worked at Terex full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good culture, hands on projects, good variety of work as manufacturing engineer. Some flexibility in project timelines and project selection.

Cons

Hours. Start time at 5 or 5:30 with 4 ten hour days unless it's busy season where you'll work OT Friday's. Line support can be repetitive.

3. "Manufacturing Engineer II"

Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer II in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer II in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Terex full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company to start your engineering career at. A lot of freedom to design your own machines/projects while also learning how to support the production line. There is time for personal development, but you'll need to decide that yourself and find it on your own.

Cons

Work gets repetitive and sometimes stagnant after a couple years. Not a lot of mentoring. Most people have to figure things out on their own.

Terex Response

Apr 8, 2016

Thanks for your comments. Nice to know you are learning while doing; I am sure you are making a great contribution to Terex. Although we don't have a formal mentoring program, there are many... More