Find jobs for Production Specialist

Terex Production Specialist Reviews

Updated Aug 13, 2018

4.0
Terex Chief Executive Officer and President John L. Garrison, Jr (no image)
John L. Garrison, Jr
1 Rating
  1. "Great Job"

5.0
    Current Employee - Production Specialist in Watertown, SD

I have been working at Terex full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good work environment, excellent benefits, Easy to get paid time off, lots of opportunities for growth, community and employee involvement.

Cons

There’s a lot of hours to work, mandatory overtime Fridays and be long and drag on.

Terex2018-08-13

"Great if you aren’t a woman"

1.0
    Former Employee - Production Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Terex full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good pay good hours

Cons

Women on the shop floor are easily disposed of. Unless you’re in the office or been there for a very long time. If someone in a higher position doesn’t like you for any reason you’re very easy to get rid of.

Terex2018-01-14

February 16, 2018Communications Manager

Hello and thank you for writing. We’re sorry to hear that you believe you were not treated with proper respect, as this does not fall in line with our Terex Ways Values. We hope that you were able to discuss this with your Human Resources representative, because such behavior is absolutely not tolerated at Terex. This matter is important to us, and we are taking specific steps to ensure that we maintain a positive work environment for all our team members.

3. "Great pay, but you'll be worked to the bone and more"

1.0
    Former Employee - Production Specialist in Redmond, WA

I worked at Terex full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pay was great Got in from a recommendation from senior management

Cons

Had to work off the clock Discriminatory/illegal hiring/firing Applied for one job, was given completely different position Management doesn't listen to employees

Terex2017-11-14

December 4, 2017Communications Manager

Thank you for writing. We are sorry about your experience. There is no room in the Terex culture for any form of discrimination or other violations of law, and we treat such claims very seriously. In addition to contacting your manager (as appropriate) or your Human Resources representative, team members are encouraged to share any human resources related concerns with their site manager, Group Vice President, HR, the Terex Chief Ethics & Compliance Officer, or report them directly to the Terex Helpline, a confidential reporting system that can be accessed by telephone or through the internet. Former team members can access the Terex Helpline from Terex.com or www.ethicspoint.com. Current team members can also access the Terex Helpline from the Terex Global Intranet. While you are no longer a Terex team member, we encourage you to report your complaints through the Terex Helpline, and we will discuss the concerns that you raised with local site management.

4. "Production specialist"

Former Employee - Production Specialist in West Seattle, WA

I worked at Terex full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good paid, some former supervisors and leader were awesome. A lot overtime if your dying for great paycheck . Car pool and van pool don't help at all. They have to try another car if some employees can stay for an hour more overtime . Seems weird . Parking lots always make employees have hard time

Cons

Task time kill all of employees. Lot of people pretend to work or try to keep busy. HR have no way to keep track with them. Lot of bad habits still from e-sub. Weaken leadership, one team lead works so hard, deal with lot of problems since a few leaders stay there and good chatting.... if possible, install some cameras to see how well the employees . Verbal Harassments occurs everyday. Not a good place to work even you can meet lot of different cultures there. Keep track to senior employees, stay there for a while to see how good they are. Lazy, cheating, haven't done the jobs from that station. Especially after the last break of the Thur& Fri, because they know they won't be there at the station . Haven't prepared anything or work hard until someone take that station. Very bad idea if supervisor stay there, they all smart to keep busy as more as they pretend to be .

Terex2017-07-17
  5. "Production specialist"

4.0
    Former Contractor - Production Specialist in Redmond, WA

I worked at Terex for less than a year

Pros

The schedule was very good. I worked 4/10, so always had the three days weekend, and the some times you will have 5 days off when holidays that fall on Monday.

Cons

You have to work very hard to make it there. They loaded you with a lot of works. They only hire through temp agency, so very little benefits until you get to be direct hire.

Terex2016-12-27

"Human Resources is the worst part of the company."

Production Specialist in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Terex for more than 5 years

Pros

A lot of great team members. People can work together and build a superb product when they are allowed to do their jobs. There are some good supervisors who really care.

Cons

Constant degrading by human resources managers at the Redmond plants. Human resources roll their eyes at those who don't speak English as a 1st language. A couple will help out but their superiors make noises of disgust and are routinely complaining about how much extra time it takes out of their days to act like a decent human being. Terex Way Values? Not practiced by those women. There is no incentive to do better when we are consistently made out to other departments as incompetent by women who would rather see us fail than do well. There is a lot of favoritism, and even those that do a good job fail if they aren't in that group that human resources prefers.

Terex2016-02-09

"Only stress"

Former Employee - Production Specialist in Seattle, WA

I worked at Terex full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Relatively good pay compared to same kind of work in Seattle and east side areas. Decent benefits, if they decide to hire you.

Cons

Horrible working conditions, temperature during summer 95-100 degrees, they don't want to invest in new air conditioning system, medieval equipment, overworked (50-60 hours a week). Absolutely no communications with workers, sometimes they let you standing there waiting for parts without telling you anything. FORGET YOUR PRIVATE LIFE, they act like they own you!

Terex2015-07-15

August 4, 2015

Thanks for offering your thoughts. As a “pay for performance” employer, Terex strives to provide competitive pay and benefits that recognize the contributions of its team members. It’s often the case that no one knows your exact work situation better than you do, so we would encourage anyone who has suggestions for improving their work environment or conditions to share them with their supervisor and/or Human Resources representative. By speaking up and providing ideas for positive change, you can make a difference. Terex Human Resources

"Do What Interests Only Them"

Current Employee - Production Specialist

I have been working at Terex full-time for more than a year

Pros

- High (ish) base pay for just a high school diploma requirement - Job security if you can maintain production / work quality required

Cons

-Education benefits only awarded to job-related degrees, making trying to switch careers or advance them EXTREMELY difficult (try breaking into IT from production...) - Pay raises are extremely slow and unless you're maxed out, don't match cost of living - Employees are asked to work in positions without pay raises / promotions to match for years at a time (I worked 1 year doing software development, then told I wasn't allowed to, without a pay raise or promotion during that time) - Communication is horrible between departments and even same-office co-workers.

Terex2015-07-13

August 18, 2015

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We strive to be a high-quality manufacturer that offers competitive pay for performance. Specific questions around compensation are best discussed directly with your supervisor, as all situations are unique. We often say that “You are the CEO of your career,” meaning, we will do our best to support your efforts to learn and grow, consistent with the needs of the business. We are partners in this process. I would recommend you also talk with your supervisor about your longer term goals and see if, together, you can map out a plan to expand your career options. Terex Human Resources

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 8 reviews