Terex Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.2
John L. Garrison, Jr

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great team to work with, team members and supervisor are great, a lot of work to do, great benefits overall and work life balance, great location (in 23 reviews)

• Great people -- no "prima donnas" (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is non existent (in 13 reviews)

• Favoritism at the upper management level prevents fairness and opportunity for many deserving team members (in 8 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Company is on a Roll"

I have been working at Terex full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Lots of interesting projects and meaningful work; excellent values that team members try to live by; down to earth management style; team culture; strong leadership that is driving results; new policies to provide flexibility; sincere efforts to support diversity and inclusion

Cons

So much going on that sometimes it's hard to catch your breath; if you like to stay busy and engaged, this is a good place for you

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on the Terex Way values and the strategies that are winning in the marketplace

2. "Design Engineer II"

Current Employee - Design Engineer in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Design Engineer in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Terex full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great team to work with, team members and supervisor are great, a lot of work to do, great benefits overall and work life balance, great location.

Cons

Needs more organization, needs more people on the manufacturing floor who care about each other, need to keep placing more emphasis on safety

Advice to Management

Keep on the path and stick to it while still caring about the employees.

3. "Welder Specialist"

Former Employee - Welder in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Welder in Redmond, WA

I worked at Terex full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company with Good Benefits,good pay

Cons

They are really strict on atendace

Advice to Management

Good management

4. "CEO is a great financial leader"

Current Employee - Manufacturing Technician in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Technician in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Terex (More than 3 years)

Pros

Business is progressing, and was reorganizing, always changing.

Cons

Lots of inconsisencies between sites, overall mobility to different groups is tough to get.

Advice to Management

Keep on Keeping on, the cycles will put the business back on top of the market.

5. "Great if you aren’t a woman"

Former Employee - Production Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Production Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Terex full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay good hours

Cons

Women on the shop floor are easily disposed of. Unless you’re in the office or been there for a very long time. If someone in a higher position doesn’t like you for any reason you’re very easy to get rid of.

Advice to Management

Just because someone has been a lead for so many years doesn’t mean they’re right. Experienced countless number of sexual discrimination and harassment and no one would even listen to me

6. "Office employee"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westport, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westport, CT

I worked at Terex full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

For as much management training that was offered - a strong and direct management skill set is lacking in most managers. I was very disappointed to learn that the person I worked for had never had a direct report. A person who had never managed anyone before and who was concerned for her own job, made for a doomed relationship.

Cons

I think management skills could be honed in person rather than on a e-learning system. Management takes interaction. In person training is only offered to a select few. Instead, it should be offered across the organization.

In addition, I think there is a prejudice by older workers that only 23 year olds right out of school know about computers and have fresh ideas. They don't look to the entire staff. It's pretty surprising to see seemingly intelligent people so youth obsessed and worshipping the advise of someone in their first job. Not that they should be discounted. But, rather seen as another perspective, among many. It was kind of an ageism that they professed not to have, but was so obvious.

In addition, the company has not been stable and has shed portions of business. So, the climate is one of trepidation and uncertainty for the direction and health of the business and fear.

Advice to Management

Get some in person management training. And, I mean everyone. Even the senior staff who smugly think they've been working for years and have it covered. Everyone should be learning and growing as professionals.

Terex Response

Jan 15, 2018 – Communications Manager

Thank you for writing. It is not uncommon for managers to take on new roles with little to no prior experience managing direct reports – otherwise, how would new managers rise through the ranks? We... More

7. "Safe place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Moses Lake, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Moses Lake, WA

I worked at Terex full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

they care about you. and they want you to work hard and go home clean and healthy at the end of the day. the food from the café is really good

Cons

early start time, hard core attendance policy, super hot in the summer super cold in the winter. the food from the café is really good

Advice to Management

clear up expectations. hold people to only expecting that the things on the lists are to be what is being done. its too often you are asked to do one thing as your only job and then sent a million ways to do a millions things and then find your self in hot water due to not getting the main thing done.

8. "Rewarding Work"

I have been working at Terex full-time

Pros

Fast moving, never boring place to work. Company does a good job of rewarding you. Good opportunities for promotion.

Cons

Can be stressful, a lot of responsibility.

9. "order picker"

Current Employee - Order Picker in Canada, KY
    Current Employee - Order Picker in Canada, KY

I have been working at Terex full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

be corporate with other employee

Cons

to be strong a advice people to buy our product

Advice to Management

my advice to management is to make our company in another level

10. "Nice place to work"

I worked at Terex full-time

Pros

The people I worked with were all very nice, helpful and knowledgeable. Pretty casual environment. Good benefits and vacation time.

Cons

No room for advancement. No real training, more of a learn as you go atmosphere.