Terex Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
John L. Garrison, Jr

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Compared to most accounting jobs the work/life balance is excellent, and there is no "busy season"" (in 27 reviews)

• "Great people -- no "prima donnas"" (in 23 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Company is on a Roll"

I have been working at Terex full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Lots of interesting projects and meaningful work; excellent values that team members try to live by; down to earth management style; team culture; strong leadership that is driving results; new policies to provide flexibility; sincere efforts to support diversity and inclusion

Cons

So much going on that sometimes it's hard to catch your breath; if you like to stay busy and engaged, this is a good place for you

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on the Terex Way values and the strategies that are winning in the marketplace

Feb 16, 2018 – Communications Manager

Hello and thank you for writing. We’re glad you have found your time at Terex to be both interesting and meaningful. We also like to hear that you enjoy the down-to-earth management style, as servant... More

2. "Great Job"

Current Employee - Production Specialist in Watertown, SD
    Current Employee - Production Specialist in Watertown, SD

I have been working at Terex full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work environment, excellent benefits, Easy to get paid time off, lots of opportunities for growth, community and employee involvement.

Cons

There’s a lot of hours to work, mandatory overtime Fridays and be long and drag on.

Advice to Management

Make Fridays voluntary instead of mandatory.

3. "Money over people company"

Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Moses Lake, WA
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Moses Lake, WA

I worked at Terex full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent pay. Friendly co workers.

Cons

Over worked. Upper management says "safety first" but they dont actually care about our safety. They only care about how many units we build them.

Advice to Management

If safety is first dont just say it show it. Show it by example. Be willing to drop units every week so that team leads and supervisors wouldnt even think twice about sacrificing our safety over units.

"Terex AWP (Genie Ind) NPD Engineering"

Current Employee - Mechanical Design Engineer in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Mechanical Design Engineer in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Terex full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

OK work-life balance.

You get to work on wide range of engineering aspects of a design if you are in new product development, and are interested and push to do so. As you climb, you can manage your boss enough to focus on your main areas of interest (but you need to be stubborn about it). The engineers that follow their interest here always find a way to off-load what they don't want to do on someone 'below' them... I'm sure that's not unique to Terex.

CEO Garrison seems to be making positive changes, taking realistic long view.

Working here you avoid the pitfalls of market-rate pay and high bonuses offered for similar positions at nearby companies… where would you spend the money anyway?

Career opportunities... if you go management route. Not so much for staying technical.

Cons

Antiquated engineering change management systems. Poor engineering policies, procedures, and controls. Little or no /real/ training - sink or swim on-boarding... which leads to "cowboys". Many pockets of Engineering Dept are populated by “cowboys” or engineers who are just ticking boxes; quantity over quality (maybe this is a 'pro' for you?). Operations/manufacturing is often resistant to change, think they are the real 'customers', over the companies /actual/ customers. 'Servant Leadership' (company tenant) is complete and utter BS -- you get ahead here by ticking boxes for your manager, not by helping those below you or those affected by your work. People often don't worry too much about people down-stream of their decisions, just as long as they are pleasant and smile they can do pretty much what they want. Just ship it!

Ramping up engineering employment now, which absolutely means we are about to begin 'right-sizing' people within 6 months.

Advice to Management

Live up to “Servant Leadership” tenant… I don’t believe you will though. Also, I hope behind closed doors you are getting 'more real' about global trade-war issues about to hit us hard than you have been publicly!

Sep 18, 2018 – Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. First, we are glad to hear that you have noticed positive changes occurring as a result of our strategy introduced by CEO John Garrison.

As... More

5. "Help in OKC"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Terex full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are good, Need work life balance

Cons

Management is too busy looking out for themselves to worry about the employees. Employees are who will grow your company. Invest your time with us, get to know us, teach us, you might just be surprised what we know.

Advice to Management

The CEO should make a surprise visit to OKC. The Sr. leadership team goes crazy when he is scheduled to arrive, trying to make sure everything is perfect. If everything was done right all the time, there wouldn’t be longer hours and panic before he arrives. Also, he should talk to office employees not just shop workers. We are told to go to HR, but there are so many changes, not sure who to talk to.

Sep 19, 2018 – Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. First, we are glad to hear that you enjoy your benefits here at Terex. And you’re right, we believe work life balance is an important component to a... More

6. "ME - 2"

I have been working at Terex full-time

Pros

Everyday is something different.
    4-10's when production is down.

Cons

Upper management push to work more than 40hrs every week (even though we are on salary).
    Hourly positions are tired of working 60+ hours a week (Mon - Sat)

Advice to Management

Try harder to have work/ life balance like advertised.

7. "Poor management"

I worked at Terex full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits (medical, dental, etc.)

Cons

Poor management, GM lacks ethics

8. "Good learning experience."

Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Terex full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good exposure to various business aspects.

Cons

Lots of overtime, continual re-structuring.

9. "Associate at Corporate"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Westport, CT
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Westport, CT

I have been working at Terex full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Supportive mangers
    -Great benefits and perks
    -Good pay

Cons

I get the impression that there is not a ton of upward mobility within the corporate division, that to move up at Terex, you have to be willing to relocate.

Jul 18, 2018 – Communications Manager

Hello. Thank you for writing. It’s nice to hear that you believe your managers are supportive, and that we have great benefits and perks here at Terex. Increasingly we live in a competitive... More

10. "Accounting Manager"

I worked at Terex full-time

Pros

Good benefits. Growing company. The non-management employees are dedicated and nice to work with.

Cons

The management staff is resistant to change and stuck in the past. They need to respect their empliyees.

Advice to Management

Value diversity. Be fair to everyone, not just the top levels of management.

Jul 18, 2018 – Communications Manager

Thank you for writing. We’re happy to see that you enjoyed the benefits at Terex. As with any expanding company, change is inevitable and you’ve pointed out a typical scenario of growing pains within... More