Terex Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.3
John L. Garrison, Jr

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Compared to most accounting jobs the work/life balance is excellent, and there is no "busy season"" (in 28 reviews)

• "Great people -- no "prima donnas"" (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • "Lot of value focus and work life balance" (in 14 reviews)

• "Upper management says "safety first" but they dont actually care about our safety" (in 10 reviews)

1. "Excellent company to work for good benefits room for advancement"

Pros

Good benefits pay quality of work-life

Cons

Susceptible to economic downturns. N

2. "Territory Sales"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westport, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westport, CT

I worked at Terex full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, people, experience, awesome products

Cons

Politics within the organization, traveling

3. "Materials OKC"

I have been working at Terex full-time

Pros

Great Benefits, best manager I've had in a long time, co-workers, company treats us fairly well, and a safe place to work. I personally enjoy coming to work at Terex, knowing I am at a friendly and happy place.

Cons

Supervisor lacks ethics, rude, gives us more work and facilitate the duties of teother departments. Supervisor needs training and stop micromanaging our team.

Advice to Management

Train supervisors better, especially the Materials Supervisor T..... W....... Also, make friday's voluntary and not Mandatory. Thank you Management for listening to our concerns and we hope to see improvement.

"Management needs be restructured"

Former Employee - Production Associate in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Production Associate in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Terex full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Co-Workers are great when you need help
    Pay is decent

Cons

Management does not care about employees
    Racism and discrimination is rampant among different lines

Advice to Management

Stop being racist, stop holding people behind, give job opportunities to people who actually worked hard and earned it instead of just giving it to people you like.

Nov 12, 2018 – Communications Manager

Thank you for writing and providing your feedback. We take concerns like this very seriously. In a company as large as ours, when matters related to racism or discrimination arise, we adhere to a... More

"Was in field service for 3yrs"

Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Montgomery, AL
    Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Montgomery, AL

I worked at Terex full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Met many Great Great service techs.

Cons

Working field service requires a lot of manipulation of customers. Company is NOT transparent!!! They offer "contracts" to customers stating "no travel" for inspections &/or repairs needed during inspections. That is a LIE!!! They actually have techs hide travel time in labor time!

6. "Money over people company"

Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Moses Lake, WA
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Moses Lake, WA

I worked at Terex full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent pay. Friendly co workers.

Cons

Over worked. Upper management says "safety first" but they dont actually care about our safety. They only care about how many units we build them.

Advice to Management

If safety is first dont just say it show it. Show it by example. Be willing to drop units every week so that team leads and supervisors wouldnt even think twice about sacrificing our safety over units.

"Terex AWP (Genie Ind) NPD Engineering"

Current Employee - Mechanical Design Engineer in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Mechanical Design Engineer in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Terex full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

OK work-life balance.

You get to work on wide range of engineering aspects of a design if you are in new product development, and are interested and push to do so. As you climb, you can manage your boss enough to focus on your main areas of interest (but you need to be stubborn about it). The engineers that follow their interest here always find a way to off-load what they don't want to do on someone 'below' them... I'm sure that's not unique to Terex.

CEO Garrison seems to be making positive changes, taking realistic long view.

Working here you avoid the pitfalls of market-rate pay and high bonuses offered for similar positions at nearby companies… where would you spend the money anyway?

Career opportunities... if you go management route. Not so much for staying technical.

Cons

Antiquated engineering change management systems. Poor engineering policies, procedures, and controls. Little or no /real/ training - sink or swim on-boarding... which leads to "cowboys". Many pockets of Engineering Dept are populated by “cowboys” or engineers who are just ticking boxes; quantity over quality (maybe this is a 'pro' for you?). Operations/manufacturing is often resistant to change, think they are the real 'customers', over the companies /actual/ customers. 'Servant Leadership' (company tenant) is complete and utter BS -- you get ahead here by ticking boxes for your manager, not by helping those below you or those affected by your work. People often don't worry too much about people down-stream of their decisions, just as long as they are pleasant and smile they can do pretty much what they want. Just ship it!

Ramping up engineering employment now, which absolutely means we are about to begin 'right-sizing' people within 6 months.

Advice to Management

Live up to “Servant Leadership” tenant… I don’t believe you will though. Also, I hope behind closed doors you are getting 'more real' about global trade-war issues about to hit us hard than you have been publicly!

Sep 18, 2018 – Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. First, we are glad to hear that you have noticed positive changes occurring as a result of our strategy introduced by CEO John Garrison.

As... More

8. "Great Job"

Current Employee - Production Specialist in Watertown, SD
    Current Employee - Production Specialist in Watertown, SD

I have been working at Terex full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work environment, excellent benefits, Easy to get paid time off, lots of opportunities for growth, community and employee involvement.

Cons

There’s a lot of hours to work, mandatory overtime Fridays and be long and drag on.

Advice to Management

Make Fridays voluntary instead of mandatory.

9. "Help in OKC"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Terex full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are good, Need work life balance

Cons

Management is too busy looking out for themselves to worry about the employees. Employees are who will grow your company. Invest your time with us, get to know us, teach us, you might just be surprised what we know.

Advice to Management

The CEO should make a surprise visit to OKC. The Sr. leadership team goes crazy when he is scheduled to arrive, trying to make sure everything is perfect. If everything was done right all the time, there wouldn’t be longer hours and panic before he arrives. Also, he should talk to office employees not just shop workers. We are told to go to HR, but there are so many changes, not sure who to talk to.

Sep 19, 2018 – Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. First, we are glad to hear that you enjoy your benefits here at Terex. And you’re right, we believe work life balance is an important component to a... More

10. "ME - 2"

I have been working at Terex full-time

Pros

Everyday is something different.
    4-10's when production is down.

Cons

Upper management push to work more than 40hrs every week (even though we are on salary).
    Hourly positions are tired of working 60+ hours a week (Mon - Sat)

Advice to Management

Try harder to have work/ life balance like advertised.