Terex Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
John L. Garrison, Jr

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • There is not much of a work-life balance at all (in 12 reviews)

• Upper management is unresponsive to issues on the shop floor (in 8 reviews)

1. "Accounting"

Current Employee - Accounting in Waverly, IA
    Current Employee - Accounting in Waverly, IA

I have been working at Terex full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible if you need time off. Good overall benefits, Vacation & PTO.

Cons

No training. Not enough staff, everyone has way too much to do with no help. There is no team like atmosphere- each dept works in conflict with each other. Managers do not help- just attend meetings & conference calls. Pay is very low & merit raises are extremely low.

Advice to Management

Work with the staff not just tell us what to do. Need to actually train when implementing new policies. Need to improve atmosphere in the office. Most people hate coming into work.

Jul 13, 2017 – Communications Manager

Thank you for writing. We are sorry to hear that you’ve struggled to find training opportunities. Team member development is important to us, and Terex is committed to providing opportunities for... More

2. "This job is terrible! If you want to sell your soul to the company then it's perfect for you."

Former Employee - Cab II in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Cab II in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Terex full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone tries to help each other. The pay is decent.the older workers give good advice . I have no real pros

Cons

Be prepared to be harassed my supervisor would take pictures of me laugh at me and when I complained hr wouldn't do anything about it they lied about my hours and became really Catty when I told them I'm pregnant and would like to move from cab 2 because I can't keep lifting and stand by a hot oven in 90 degree weather also my supervisor would tell us we can't get drinks from the vending machines you have no time off if you have a family this job isn't for you

Advice to Management

Don't work here

Jul 10, 2017 – Communications Manager

Hello and thank you for writing. We are sorry to hear this. There is no room in the Terex culture for any form of harassment, and we treat such claims very seriously. In addition to contacting your... More

3. "Management"

Pros

Opportunity to affect change exists, solid benefits package, some great people who really care about the company. Genie products is only solid brand.

Cons

Little accountability, senior mgmt out of touch with internal opportunities. Poor quality products in most areas, little new product innovation.

Advice to Management

Hire outsiders with fresh perspectives as senior leaders. Accountability needs to be improved at all levels, retain solid performers. Streamline internal process across business units.

"Look elsewhere"

Pros

Beautiful corporate office in Westport. Summer hours are nice. Pay is decent and 401k matches up to 4%, health insurance is OK.

Cons

Seems like the company is getting packaged up to be sold off. HR could care less about you unless you are a director or above. Promotions don't happen unless you are a director. They always cut people at the bottom leaving higher level people who haven't done actual work in years. That then gets passed down to those who are left at the bottom.

Advice to Management

Rethink what you are doing. You have chased out all the young talent and seem to not care that everyone is quitting. Why would someone want to work here is the question you should be asking yourself.

Oct 28, 2016 – Communications Specialist

We’re happy to know that you like our corporate office location, that you feel you are fairly paid and that you have enjoyed the benefit of our summer hours option. Our campus also offers great... More

"Buyer"

Current Employee - Buyer in Waverly, IA
    Current Employee - Buyer in Waverly, IA

I have been working at Terex full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people definitely make this a great place to work.

Cons

The lack of strategic direction in all levels of management is very challenging. In addition to this, I did not feel empowered to make decisions on a regular basis.

Advice to Management

Establishing a level of trust between all levels of employees is critical to morale and buy in during times of organizational change. A lack of presence and communication feeds negativity.

"Territory Sales Manager Prospective"

Former Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

Company car, credit card, flexible schedule

Cons

Lack of experienced leadership
    Lack of technology
    Lack of culture
    Lack of relationships and stability.

Worked as a TSM for Terex Services formally Crane America, very obvious from the beginning the leadership was completely lacking. They acted more as dictators than anything else. They would famously say, "Let me know if you need any help." Then when you asked for help, they would tell you what you were doing wrong instead of providing any insight or guidance. Over time I learned to not ask at all. There was an instance where I discovered a racial remark written on the wall, Human Resources was to conduct an investigation, instead they just had someone cover up what was written. The issue was never addressed, partly because they were so desperate to keep employees. This was the first publicly traded company I worked for and I was shocked at the lack of tools available for training and self improvement, such as Six Sigma. During the initial interview I was told the commission structure was X when it ended up being Y. From the beginning I felt conned. My direct report severely exaggerated the actual amount of money that I would be making despite closing multiple opportunities. Kone Cranes is scheduled to acquire Terex Services in January 2017, maybe they can infuse some of the things this company is lacking. The job began to become more stressful by the hour. Sales people were pressured severely to get results despite having few tools at their disposal. I would not recommend this company. Lack of diversity. Lack of training. Lack of leadership. Over exaggerated commission. The process of putting an order into the system was beyond cumbersome and obsolete. Many of the other TSMs were having to work overtime and weekends just to keep up with the workload. Favoritism runs rife throughout the organization. Lack of work life balance. Lack of tools for sale professionals. Unprofessional acting leadership.

Advice to Management

To catch up to modern day management of employees. To be honest and make doing business as well as working for Terex easier for people. Do not put people with lack of management in a position to lead.

More diversity. There is a lack of any diversity other than white americans in the organizations. The only diversity seen is our technicians which is terrible. Do better at taking care of your people, and improve your training.

Sep 28, 2016 – Communications Specialist

We’re sorry that you didn’t have a better experience, but we do maintain an open door policy, and would have liked to have had the opportunity to work with you regarding your concerns while you were... More

"The downward spiral"

I worked at Terex full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company is fragmented enough that it seems like a small company but yet it isn't. There is a good chance for expanding experience

Cons

Oh where to start well for starters they are cutting costs just for balance sheet appearance and not for what is truly best for the company. The HR department has been and always will be a joke. They only care about their pay and their promotions. They don't actually let managers give a true review. As for managers well most are at that level because of work and not because they are good at managing people. They have training but it's a mediocre at best so managers aren't held accountable. They claim to be focused on diversity but at the end of the day unless you are in HR or someone's favorite if you are a woman you are going nowhere it's a boys club there. Expect to do more work for less pay. It is all about politics at the end of the day.

Advice to Management

Remember people still have to do their jobs. Just because the company may reduce in size doesn't mean the work does. Make managers be managers and not just someone who people report to but someone who will develop. With just a figure to do reviews and be part of a reporting structure the company will never have a good workforce developed

Sep 28, 2016 – Communications Specialist

As a former employee of 10 years, we’re happy to know that you recognize the “small-company” feel that we have maintained as a Global company and the many opportunities we offer team members to learn... More

"Overworked, underpaid, understaffed"

Former Employee - Accounting Departments
    Former Employee - Accounting Departments

I worked at Terex full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice atmosphere - people are nice/professional for the most part. People try to be in high spirits despite being at work for more than 45hrs per week and missing out seeing their families.

Cons

There is no such thing as work life balance. If you have any talent you will be given more work than what you can get done. As a salary employee, don't expect any overtime or comp time for the 50-60hr work weeks. This led to me being pissed off at work which others viewed negatively. Management doesn't understand that additional personnel to manage acquisitions. And you wonder why you have high turnover...

Advice to Management

Learn how to manage everyone's workload - listen listen listen to your employees. Not allowing overtime for those that put in more than 50hrs is bull. Being on contract seems to be a better alternative to working here.

"production associate"

Former Employee - Production Tech in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Production Tech in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Terex full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

high skill level needed, challenging environment, co workers very team friendly and sociable, agreeable hours.

Cons

slow raises, company may short you on hours worked, management not trust worthy, employee recognition a joke, will be gang pressed into other job areas, will do the work of 2=3 other people, no advancement, will be forced to train your own replacement, rated D- for ethics and honesty with poor insurance policy

Advice to Management

Try to practice what you preach and look down to see what your stepping on.

May 27, 2016 – Communications Specialist

Thank you, for entering your review. We agree that our team members are skilled and friendly. They also are dedicated and often take on additional duties to expand their skillsets and get the job... More

"3-7-16"

Current Employee - Assembly Worker in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Assembly Worker in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Terex full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very good pay and most coworkers are decent people.

Cons

Was told hours are 5:00 am to 3:30 pm Monday through Thursday. haven't worked that once since I started.