Terex Reviews

Updated Jun 3, 2020

Terex Chief Executive Officer and President John L. Garrison, Jr (no image)
John L. Garrison, Jr
  1. "In the Field"

Current Employee - Field Service Technician

I have been working at Terex full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Lots of overtime for extra money

Cons

Lots of overtime, can be tiresome

Terex2019-09-01
  2. "Good start to learn lean processes"

Former Employee - Welder in Redmond, WA

I worked at Terex full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

A lot of development opportunities, and foundation of 5s and lean manufacturing education.

Cons

Cuts to workforce are frequent, work schedule can change at any point, go from 40hrs to 55hrs per week

Terex2019-08-25

September 19, 2019Internal Communications Manager - Terex AWP

Terex is a place where our team members can work and grow, and we pride ourselves in providing development opportunities that allow our team members to seek out new challenges and build a career. As you noted, there have been times we have had to make difficult decisions to reduce our staffing levels and at other times have had to have team members work overtime to meet customer demand or address business challenges. In all cases, we look for ways to minimize any impact on our team members while recognizing the need to maintain a healthy and competitive business.

3. "Afraid of Change"

2.0
    Current Employee - Design Engineer Specialist in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Terex full-time for less than a year

Pros

Community is strong here, many employees have been with Terex or Genie for decades.

Cons

Modernization of systems and processes are generally resisted or laughed at. The phrase "We've done it this way for years." Is prevalent here.

Terex2019-09-05

September 18, 2019Internal Communications Manager - Terex AWP

While it may feel like things change more slowly than we would like sometimes, we are committed to our culture of continuous improvement, and encourage every team member to play a role in innovating what we do and how we do it in purposeful ways that drive results. If you have specific concerns or ideas about how we can improve, we encourage you to talk with your supervisor or HR.

4. "Good Place to Work"

Former Employee - Manufacturing Project Engineer in Redmond, WA

I worked at Terex full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

A lot of opportunities to participate in the shop floor activities. Great results oriented team culture.

Cons

Felt the pay was low for the job. Promotions were hard to come by.

Terex2019-08-17

September 26, 2019Internal Communications Manager - Terex AWP

At Terex, we are committed to a culture of continuous improvement — this means giving our team members the tools and opportunities to grow and develop with us in support of their career goals. Our goal is to be the best place to work in the industry, as judged by our team members. Thank you for your feedback; we take seriously all feedback and evaluate how to use that input to help us continue to improve as an employer.

"No future at Terex"

2.0
    Former Employee - Research and Development Engineering Technician in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Terex full-time for more than a year

Pros

My boss was fair and used logic as much as he was aloud. I've never had a better boss! My coworkers were top notch. When I started there the pay was pretty good. Benefits were somewhat competitive for the industry.

Cons

As I stated above, MY boss was fantastic. His bosses and the rest of upper management were totally disconnected, and out of touch with reality. Communication between departments was nonexistent, and the whole place seemed to be in a constant state of change. The CEO would state what he wanted our company to be like, and the upper management in OKC would just do whatever they wanted. Constant finger pointing. It was almost like they were trying to run the company into the ground with no regard for the employees. My starting pay was good. But there was literally nothing in place that even resembled a career ladder. No tech 1, tech 2, tech 3, Team Lead. Nothing.

Terex2019-08-24

September 24, 2019Director, Corporate Communications

Thank you for your comments about your manager. The Company's commitment to our Terex Way values is heartfelt and very much a part of all we do. We understand that your facility underwent a great deal of change as we exited a line of products. Many of the team members were successfully placed in new jobs on site with other product lines. Our CEO visited the site regularly and participated in team and skip-level meetings to share information with the team. The new site leadership is working hard to align communications. Our Oklahoma City team continues to be a highly important part of the Terex manufacturing footprint.

6. "Still working to improve...."

Former Employee - Supervisor in Redmond, WA

I worked at Terex full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Fair medical benefits, competitive wages,401 k match,PTO based sick leave/vacation,diverse team,10 hour days x 4 for most shifts.

Cons

Overall a good company, management tries to read the team members moral frequently a bit misguided.

Terex2019-08-14

September 19, 2019Internal Communications Manager - Terex AWP

Our commitment to continuous improvement is an important part of our culture, and feedback from our team members is key to improving as an employer. We do, at times, engage in efforts to gage the morale of our team members, as we believe this is a way to demonstrate respect -- one of our Terex Way values. That feedback provides us an opportunity for Improvement, another of our values. Along those lines, we recently completed our biennial team member survey. Our locations and managers are developing action plans to address the feedback we received. We also are working on plans to ensure that we communicate about those action plans, and then continue to share information when changes are implemented based on team member feedback — that is something we understand we can improve on, and are committed to finding ways to do so going forward.

7. "Good company"

Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in Waco, TX

I worked at Terex full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good benefits and compensation package

Cons

No real Cons at this company

Terex2019-08-07
  8. "No"

1.0
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Terex full-time

Pros

They have a good product

Cons

Its a boys club atmosphere

Terex2019-09-02
  9. "Good Company"

Former Employee - Tax Accountant in Westport, CT

I worked at Terex full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Pay is good; you are able to work on multiple projects.

Cons

You are not able to move up

Terex2019-07-25

August 27, 2019Director, Corporate Communications

Thank you for your comment, and for giving positive reviews of our CEO and the Company. And thank you for your five+ years of service to the Finance team! A key initiative at Terex is our talent review process, which includes the continuous development of team members - both those who are already with the Company and those joining from outside. One thing we recommend is to communicate with one's manager about career progression interests, and to also use our internal management system to list career goals and aspirations. Wishing you continued success in your journey.

"Micromanagers"

I have been working at Terex full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

decent pay and benefits, vacation time

Cons

Micromanaged to death, no advancement

Terex2019-07-22