Terex Reviews | Glassdoor

Terex Reviews

Updated June 19, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • There is not much of a work-life balance at all (in 12 reviews)

• Upper management is unresponsive to issues on the shop floor (in 8 reviews)

"A company with high turnover and stressful environment - Genie Industries Redmond WA"

I worked at Terex full-time

Pros

The only pros i can think of is their medical/dental/vision benefit is not bad compare to other companies in the area.

Cons

1) High turnover: Our team had about 20 people. 6 people left through layoff ( but they are happy to leave) and another 2 are gone later.
    2) Limited resource: data quality is a big concern. Company is not willing to make investment on IT. Lots of manual operation. For example, customer rebate report, 100M, 40,000 rows, from column A to CJ, all manual calculation. Big errors likely
    3) Poor management: My management only focus on what you can do, not on where you want to grow your career. Lots of close door meetings within managers. If you are an analyst, you do not have any chance to attend any of these meetings
    4) The company growth is poor; Terex will be sold to another company because of its limited product offers and industry specific focus
    5) Too much "whispered talk. The team looks solid. But lot of people hate each other. Ladies always whisper at work
    6) Work Life balance sucks, specially during month end close

Sep 7, 2016 – Communications Specialist

HR Response: We’re happy to know that you valued the competitive benefits you received as a team member. Though you are no longer a member of the Terex team, many of the concerns you raise could ... More

"Decent"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Terex (More than 10 years)

Pros

Pay and benefits. Publicly traded company.

Cons

Management does not hold each other accountable. Lack of direction from leadership since retirement of Ron Defeo.

Management does not value the hourly employee's.

Advice to Management

Hold managers accountable, reject constant excuses and blame mentality. Verify information on documents from managers to confirm its accuracy.

Aug 23, 2016 – Communications Specialist

We’re glad you agree that Terex pay and benefits are a “positive.” As a pay for performance company, we count on every team member’s contribution to help make our company great for our customers ... More

"Territory Sales Manager Prospective"

Former Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

Company car, credit card, flexible schedule

Cons

Lack of experienced leadership
    Lack of technology
    Lack of culture
    Lack of relationships and stability.

Worked as a TSM for Terex Services formally Crane America, very obvious from the beginning the leadership was completely lacking. They acted more as dictators than anything else. They would famously say, "Let me know if you need any help." Then when you asked for help, they would tell you what you were doing wrong instead of providing any insight or guidance. Over time I learned to not ask at all. There was an instance where I discovered a racial remark written on the wall, Human Resources was to conduct an investigation, instead they just had someone cover up what was written. The issue was never addressed, partly because they were so desperate to keep employees. This was the first publicly traded company I worked for and I was shocked at the lack of tools available for training and self improvement, such as Six Sigma. During the initial interview I was told the commission structure was X when it ended up being Y. From the beginning I felt conned. My direct report severely exaggerated the actual amount of money that I would be making despite closing multiple opportunities. Kone Cranes is scheduled to acquire Terex Services in January 2017, maybe they can infuse some of the things this company is lacking. The job began to become more stressful by the hour. Sales people were pressured severely to get results despite having few tools at their disposal. I would not recommend this company. Lack of diversity. Lack of training. Lack of leadership. Over exaggerated commission. The process of putting an order into the system was beyond cumbersome and obsolete. Many of the other TSMs were having to work overtime and weekends just to keep up with the workload. Favoritism runs rife throughout the organization. Lack of work life balance. Lack of tools for sale professionals. Unprofessional acting leadership.

Advice to Management

To catch up to modern day management of employees. To be honest and make doing business as well as working for Terex easier for people. Do not put people with lack of management in a position to lead.

More diversity. There is a lack of any diversity other than white americans in the organizations. The only diversity seen is our technicians which is terrible. Do better at taking care of your people, and improve your training.

Sep 28, 2016 – Communications Specialist

We’re sorry that you didn’t have a better experience, but we do maintain an open door policy, and would have liked to have had the opportunity to work with you regarding your concerns while you were ... More

4. "forklift"

Current Employee - Forklift Operator in Rock Hill, SC
    Current Employee - Forklift Operator in Rock Hill, SC

I have been working at Terex full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working with good team work

Cons

Less space at work

Advice to Management

Working with good people

5. "Great group of people and future opportunites!"

Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer II in Rock Hill, SC
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer II in Rock Hill, SC

I have been working at Terex full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The employees are great and easy to work with for the most part. Pay seems reasonable. I enjoy the type of projects I get to work on. Future growth opportunities exist.

Cons

Directions are quick to change. Daily "fires" easily become the major focus over long term development. Different teams often operate independent of each other while I believe there could be more cross functional teamwork.

Advice to Management

Focus on developing a plant to work more as a team and align to common goals. Live and act by the TBS principles we know over short term gains.

"Worked in Manufacturing....."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Pros

Mon. thru Thurs. 10 hr. work days.

Cons

Supervisor always makes you stay late, even when your done with your job.

Advice to Management

Alot of people stand around with nothing to do, and the Supervisor won't let them leave, even when they are done with their job. Your paying alot of un-necessary over time.

"Infrastructure Engineer"

Former Employee - Infrastructure Engineer in Durand, MI
    Former Employee - Infrastructure Engineer in Durand, MI

Pros

Company is segmented, with hire ups pushing down orders from the top. Do your job, and finish your self assessments for bonuses. Might have to beg your manager for training.

Cons

Little to no manager given direction. Meetings constantly, rather than getting work done. Hire in with one job, but assume multiple roles and locations for the same horrible pay. If you do your job you'll do fine, as long as you don't pi44 anyone off. Have to travel to multiple locations, and all of your expenses get scrutinized. Have to basically kiss everyone's a44 because theyre all a bunch of sissys that get butt hurt. People have jobs they aren't qualified for, but still seem to climb the "ladder". Extremely happy i'm in a new position with a better company and even better people!

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees more. Stick up for your employees, not the user base or site management. Don't fire people because theyre not "liked" by the site management or the user base. If they do the job well and get things done, that should be good enough, you cant make everyone happy.

"Office"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Watertown, SD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Watertown, SD

I have been working at Terex full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits at Terex are the primary reason people stay at the job. They are some of the better benefits in the area, this is a pro and a con. I need the paycheck and benefits...
    Corporate Culture and Values are positive and admirable as is the literature they disperse.

Cons

Women are not compensated or treated the same as men (ie: job titles for female employees were changed when it was discovered they were making much less than their male counterparts, effectively and ironically putting them in a different 'category'). HR does NOT work for the employees. When you have a problem, the answer is "here's a number for someone to call"... HR has turned into a department to stay away from. This department has developed into one for her own personal gain and does NOT work FOR the employees... unfortunately, they will lose many before management realizes this. One known person went to HR with an issue and was written up shortly after (management retaliation). It's a negative situation, employees are afraid to discuss problems. The last two people (women) from the department left (within 6 months) because of the management and the overwhelming work load but the situation was not looked into.

Advice to Management

Ensure you have competent managers and supervisors (this is not the same as knowledgeable) as several in management have poor people skills that are only detrimental to this company's reputation. Ensure they are not simply a friend of another manager/supervisor. Look into your HR issue. This used to be a great place to work.

May 23, 2016 – Communications Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to know you admire our corporate culture and benefits programs. We’re proud of them, too. We are guided by the values of the Terex Way, which serve as the ... More

9. "Terex 2016"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I worked at Terex full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Solid management and engineering/production growth opportunities at business segment level. Global manufacturer, publicly traded company with market leaders in aerial work platforms, materials processing and material handling and port solutions segments. Pride in quality, cost, delivery, customer care.

Cons

Cyclical nature of industry. Macro conditions and foreign exchange impact this industrial as with any industrials. Some interesting opportunities or risks are being presented to the Company.

10. "welder"

Former Employee - Welder in Moses Lake, WA
    Former Employee - Welder in Moses Lake, WA

I worked at Terex (More than 3 years)

Pros

good pay and benefits , safety was stressed daily , a lot of great people to work with , somewhat informative in the daily meetings

Cons

a lot of turn overs , parking area not designed very well ..first come first serve or you had to park in the gravel area. long walk from the parking lot to work areas sometimes a 10 min walk to get to the farthest high bay

Apr 8, 2016

We are proud of our emphasis on safety, and that our team members and our customers take this to heart. We know we cannot be a great company unless we are a safe company. Thanks for writing ... More