Terex Reviews | Glassdoor

Terex Reviews

Updated December 20, 2018

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Compared to most accounting jobs the work/life balance is excellent, and there is no "busy season"" (in 28 reviews)

• "Great people -- no "prima donnas"" (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • "Lot of value focus and work life balance" (in 14 reviews)

• "Upper management says "safety first" but they dont actually care about our safety" (in 10 reviews)

1. "Great Start"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Westport, CT
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Westport, CT

I have been working at Terex full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I really enjoy the positive, can-do attitude and helpful nature of the people I am working with

Cons

A few bumps in the road during the on-boarding process and some areas need more robust processes or documentation to help new hires

Advice to Management

Continue to improve on-boarding process and keep building reinforcing the Terex Way Values and Mindset

"Design Engineer II"

Current Employee - Design Engineer in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Design Engineer in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Terex full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great team to work with, team members and supervisor are great, a lot of work to do, great benefits overall and work life balance, great location.

Cons

Needs more organization, needs more people on the manufacturing floor who care about each other, need to keep placing more emphasis on safety

Advice to Management

Keep on the path and stick to it while still caring about the employees.

3. "There are better opportunities in Seattle"

I have been working at Terex full-time

Pros

Freedom and no accountability so it's hard to get fired. You can grow allot in learning.

Cons

No leadership and when there is it's not the type that inspires you to follow. HR runs the plants and if they personally don't like you they will find a way to get rid of you.

Advice to Management

We need fresh blood in the pipeline in the Redmond AWP division who uses data to make decisions.

4. "Worst corporate company to weld for"

Current Employee - Welder in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Welder in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Terex full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

supplied weld gear
    diverse
    year round work

Cons

Working here is like being given a bowl of broth and having to use a fork to eat it.
    Currently in Redmond building 7 they are ramping up production to levels that have never been tested. This is basically being unloaded onto an understaffed production crew and managements idea of fixing it is throwing untrained/unskilled new hires into spots that take weeks to train into the day of ramp ups causing people to go about 2 weeks then walk right out to a different job. This place is AN APSOLUTE NIGHTMARE right now. The air quality has been basically toxic for over a year and a half and when the CEO of terex came for the 2018 walkthrough he wouldn't even walk through the air that we have been forced to breath. Basically whenever the ramp ups happen you can expect to see your 45 minute job turn into 25 minutes on paper and management just says that's the way she goes good luck to ya mate. FYI the medical benefits are absolute garbage if you do decide to work here, I have personally had my card declined for vision & medical when I have tried using it.

Advice to Management

start a nightshift because %75 of the welders are currently looking for work elsewhere

Feb 16, 2018 – Communications Manager

Hello and thank you for writing. We understand that you would not have written this review if you were not concerned with the operational conditions at your location, so we have forwarded your review... More

5. "CEO is a great financial leader"

Current Employee - Manufacturing Technician in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Technician in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Terex (More than 3 years)

Pros

Business is progressing, and was reorganizing, always changing.

Cons

Lots of inconsisencies between sites, overall mobility to different groups is tough to get.

Advice to Management

Keep on Keeping on, the cycles will put the business back on top of the market.

"Great if you aren’t a woman"

Former Employee - Production Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Production Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Terex full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay good hours

Cons

Women on the shop floor are easily disposed of. Unless you’re in the office or been there for a very long time. If someone in a higher position doesn’t like you for any reason you’re very easy to get rid of.

Advice to Management

Just because someone has been a lead for so many years doesn’t mean they’re right. Experienced countless number of sexual discrimination and harassment and no one would even listen to me

Feb 16, 2018 – Communications Manager

Hello and thank you for writing. We’re sorry to hear that you believe you were not treated with proper respect, as this does not fall in line with our Terex Ways Values. We hope that you were able to... More

"Office employee"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westport, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westport, CT

I worked at Terex full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

For as much management training that was offered - a strong and direct management skill set is lacking in most managers. I was very disappointed to learn that the person I worked for had never had a direct report. A person who had never managed anyone before and who was concerned for her own job, made for a doomed relationship.

Cons

I think management skills could be honed in person rather than on a e-learning system. Management takes interaction. In person training is only offered to a select few. Instead, it should be offered across the organization.

In addition, I think there is a prejudice by older workers that only 23 year olds right out of school know about computers and have fresh ideas. They don't look to the entire staff. It's pretty surprising to see seemingly intelligent people so youth obsessed and worshipping the advise of someone in their first job. Not that they should be discounted. But, rather seen as another perspective, among many. It was kind of an ageism that they professed not to have, but was so obvious.

In addition, the company has not been stable and has shed portions of business. So, the climate is one of trepidation and uncertainty for the direction and health of the business and fear.

Advice to Management

Get some in person management training. And, I mean everyone. Even the senior staff who smugly think they've been working for years and have it covered. Everyone should be learning and growing as professionals.

Jan 15, 2018 – Communications Manager

Thank you for writing. It is not uncommon for managers to take on new roles with little to no prior experience managing direct reports – otherwise, how would new managers rise through the ranks? We... More

"Company is on a Roll"

I have been working at Terex full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Lots of interesting projects and meaningful work; excellent values that team members try to live by; down to earth management style; team culture; strong leadership that is driving results; new policies to provide flexibility; sincere efforts to support diversity and inclusion

Cons

So much going on that sometimes it's hard to catch your breath; if you like to stay busy and engaged, this is a good place for you

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on the Terex Way values and the strategies that are winning in the marketplace

Feb 16, 2018 – Communications Manager

Hello and thank you for writing. We’re glad you have found your time at Terex to be both interesting and meaningful. We also like to hear that you enjoy the down-to-earth management style, as servant... More

9. "Safe place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Moses Lake, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Moses Lake, WA

I worked at Terex full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

they care about you. and they want you to work hard and go home clean and healthy at the end of the day. the food from the café is really good

Cons

early start time, hard core attendance policy, super hot in the summer super cold in the winter. the food from the café is really good

Advice to Management

clear up expectations. hold people to only expecting that the things on the lists are to be what is being done. its too often you are asked to do one thing as your only job and then sent a million ways to do a millions things and then find your self in hot water due to not getting the main thing done.

10. "Rewarding Work"

I have been working at Terex full-time

Pros

Fast moving, never boring place to work. Company does a good job of rewarding you. Good opportunities for promotion.

Cons

Can be stressful, a lot of responsibility.