Terex "pay and benefits" Reviews | Glassdoor

Terex Employee Reviews about "pay and benefits"

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Unstable"

Former Employee - Assembler in Waverly, IA

I worked at Terex full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay and benefits and available overtime

Cons

Layoffs and plant closures. Would ramp up then layoff 50 people.

Feb 16, 2018 – Communications Manager

Thank you for writing. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the pay and benefits during your time at Terex. Yes, restructuring and plant closures can sometimes occur at a cyclical manufacturing business... More

2. "Production Assembler"

Former Employee - Assembler in Waverly, IA

I worked at Terex full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay and benefits, great people to wok with on the shop floor.

Cons

Upper management is unresponsive to issues on the shop floor. Layoffs, HR Dept

Advice to Management

Wake up, you are very good at ruining morale

"Decent"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Terex (More than 10 years)

Pros

Pay and benefits. Publicly traded company.

Cons

Management does not hold each other accountable. Lack of direction from leadership since retirement of Ron Defeo.

Management does not value the hourly employee's.

Advice to Management

Hold managers accountable, reject constant excuses and blame mentality. Verify information on documents from managers to confirm its accuracy.

Aug 23, 2016 – Communications Specialist

We’re glad you agree that Terex pay and benefits are a “positive.” As a pay for performance company, we count on every team member’s contribution to help make our company great for our customers... More

4. "welder"

Former Employee - Welder in Moses Lake, WA
    Former Employee - Welder in Moses Lake, WA

I worked at Terex (More than 3 years)

Pros

good pay and benefits , safety was stressed daily , a lot of great people to work with , somewhat informative in the daily meetings

Cons

a lot of turn overs , parking area not designed very well ..first come first serve or you had to park in the gravel area. long walk from the parking lot to work areas sometimes a 10 min walk to get to the farthest high bay

Apr 8, 2016

We are proud of our emphasis on safety, and that our team members and our customers take this to heart. We know we cannot be a great company unless we are a safe company. Thanks for writing... More

"Terex Services Division - great company with a great team atmosphere"

I have been working at Terex full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have a great team and we have a great environment. Everyone from technicians to managers to the office manager pulls for sales. Terex Services views sales and customer service as a responsibility of the team - not just one individual.

Great starting pay and benefits. You get a company vehicle - brand new Ford F150 XLT with company gas card. It's really nice.

They really treat their employees as valuable assets. I've received calls from the highest levels of management within my division - praising me and welcoming to the company.

Cons

If you're in a poor branch, you will have an uphill struggle. It's important to have good team members as it's really a team sport. Finding qualified technicians is very hard. There are times when you don't have enough qualified help.

As a sales person, you wish there were opportunities to make big dollars for landing big accounts. You won't find that here. You get paid on every dollar of revenue but it's a very small percentage. But that has it's pros too.

Advice to Management

Nothing so far. I haven't been with the company for too long. Everything has been great.

Jan 8, 2015 – Admin

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Terex Glassdoor. We are glad to hear you are enjoying both the team culture and atmosphere. Servant Leadership is one of our core values at Terex... More

"Terex - Lack of Leadership"

I worked at Terex full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay and Benefits are comparable with other companies; health plan is really good. Safety environment seems to be consistent with industry standards.

Cons

No ife-work balance. Company has values and provides lip service to them but doesn't followthrough on them. Management is management but no leadership exist. Told "contract employees" their jobs were secure then 2 weeks later lay off over 100; number has grown since then. Employees are encouraged to make quality, safety improvements - however unless management can make it "thier" idea suggestions are ignored.

Advice to Management

Be leaders and show loyalty that you ask for to the employees. Organization will only be mediocore as long as the Good Ole Boy Network exist within the company.

Oct 16, 2014 – Admin

On behalf of Terex, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Servant Leadership is one of our core values at Terex, which means we believe in asking our team members... More

7. "Average Experience so far"

Pros

Pay and benefits are the reason to work here. The work is generally simple and not challenging, but at this time in my life i'm not looking for challenging work. Iw ant good pay and benefits and time with my family. Terex is a good place to work if that's what's important to you. here is room for Growth too, if you work hard and are interested in that kind of thing.

Cons

See above. There isn't a challenge in the work that I do, which can sometimes cause me to be a little disengaged. Also, this is one of the smaller companies in this industry, and it's not always great to be the underdog.

Advice to Management

Try to find more ways to compete with the big boys out there. It will make for a stronger future.

"A Sinking Ship..."

Current Employee - Senior Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Manager

Pros

A vast assortment of products
    Global in scope and sales
    Always looking for the next new acquisition
    Pay and benefits equal or superior to others in same industry

Cons

Poor product distribution
    Disjointed management style from division to division
    Business units constantly being added or deleted
    No clear path for upward mobility

Advice to Management

No clearly defined long term goals or strategy
    Lack of inter-company communication between divisions
    No clear focus on the customer

"Terex: Good company, tough economic times"

Current Employee - IT Director in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - IT Director in Redmond, WA

Pros

Great pay and benefits. Terex better than their competition. Company strong financially. CEO Ron DeFeo very smart, well respected. Lots of autonomy at remote sites, maybe too much autonomy?

Cons

Seems that good performance is less important than tight relationships with "the right people"

Advice to Management

Many cost reduction opportunities still exist. More attention needed on contract negotiation and procurement. This difficult economy allows for aggressive negotiating. Consolidate companywide purchases for volume discounts. Headcount reduction isnt the only way to reduce your costs. Look around, be more creative, STRONGLY suggest you re-visit your IT costs, services, and contracts.