Terex "team members" Reviews | Glassdoor

Terex Employee Reviews about "team members"

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Forward-Thinking Company that cares"

Current Employee - Communications Manager in Westport, CT
    Current Employee - Communications Manager in Westport, CT

I have been working at Terex full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great benefits including new flexible work arrangements, paid maternal and secondary care-giver leave, telecommuting, 401k, stock purchase options, and healthcare with vision, dental.
    - Global footprint with plenty of opportunity to expand your skills, travel, and engage with multiple cultures.
    - Talent development program enables you to take control of your career and map out your aspirations.
    - Management that seriously cares about its team members
    - CEO with a plan and the willingness to get things done
    - Great bonuses when company is doing well
    - Serious about early talent and attracting / retaining millennial workforce
    - Company is doing well thanks to the execution of its strategy and an uptick in the market.

Cons

- Complex corporate environment means the company is not as nimble as it could be.
    - Stuck in old ways at times, but new talent is pushing the company into new ways of thinking and doing business.
    - You may be asked to do things that do not fit your job description, which can be a con if you are not willing to wear multiple hats at once.

Advice to Management

- Continue to develop team members and promote from within
    - Give clear career paths at the annual reviews
    - Consider relaxing some of the corporate standards and simplifying the processes to get things done

"Used to be proud to work at Genie."

Former Employee - Office Worker in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Office Worker in Redmond, WA

I worked at Terex full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Genie was a great environment, a company who cared about its team members. Big changes in the past year or two with new CEO. Lots of layoffs, terminations, "restructuring" (ie: no replacements) and changes to mirror parent company Terex's ways. It isn't working for Genie, who has been Terex's top money making segment.

Cons

Instability within the company makes it hard to fill positions. Parent company closed the local payroll office in Redmond, moving the functions to Mississippi. Majority of the employees are located in WA state. Whole departments laid off with no clear plan of "restructuring."

Advice to Management

Company doesn't feel so good anymore. Spent many years at Genie and was proud to say I worked there. Towards the end, I wasn't proud anymore.

"Best product, but tough marketplace competition."

I worked at Terex full-time

Pros

Best products in the industry. Not necessarily lowest price, but an excellent high-value proposition. Excellent team-members to work with. Forward thinking R&D that listens to customers' needs and brings new options to market.

Cons

Goes through lots of restructuring occasionally, whole branches and divisions can be closed, sold off or merged. Product competition is fierce. Largest competitor is Altec, a huge private company, which can accept T&C's and low margins that a public company such as Terex cannot accept, and has deep pockets that can usually outdo Terex in sales/marketing.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good fight!

Feb 16, 2018 – Communications Manager

Hello and thank you for writing us. We might be a little biased, but we agree with you that our products are the best in the industry. We pride ourselves on delivering value to our customers so that... More

4. "Great Culture & Great Benefits"

Current Employee - Accounting Manager
    Current Employee - Accounting Manager

I have been working at Terex full-time

Pros

Team members are encouraged and empowered to identify ways to improve processes, in fact, it's expected that all team members contribute to realizing improvements...it's the culture here. Also, as a large, international company, there are lots of opportunities to work with people all over the world, travel (if desired), and take on new roles/positions (either within Waverly or at other locations).

The benefits are great--health insurance is reasonable, good retirement matching, and ability to work from home at times.

Cons

Although change is great and drives improvement, at times I do wish for more stability within the Company; the last few years have been full of significant changes (reorganization of the finance function, realignment of the segments, realignment of the Global reporting structure, and implementing large-scale IT integration projects and upgrades). Each of these were key contributing factors to simplifying/improving the Company, overall, but it felt like a lot all at once. Fortunately, I think we are approaching a more stabilized state!

Feb 16, 2018 – Communications Manager

Hello, and thank you for writing. That’s awesome that you feel empowered and encouraged to suggest improvements to our business processes—that’s the best way for us to get better! You’re right, Terex... More

"Design Engineer II"

Current Employee - Design Engineer in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Design Engineer in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Terex full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great team to work with, team members and supervisor are great, a lot of work to do, great benefits overall and work life balance, great location.

Cons

Needs more organization, needs more people on the manufacturing floor who care about each other, need to keep placing more emphasis on safety

Advice to Management

Keep on the path and stick to it while still caring about the employees.

"Company is on a Roll"

I have been working at Terex full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Lots of interesting projects and meaningful work; excellent values that team members try to live by; down to earth management style; team culture; strong leadership that is driving results; new policies to provide flexibility; sincere efforts to support diversity and inclusion

Cons

So much going on that sometimes it's hard to catch your breath; if you like to stay busy and engaged, this is a good place for you

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on the Terex Way values and the strategies that are winning in the marketplace

Feb 16, 2018 – Communications Manager

Hello and thank you for writing. We’re glad you have found your time at Terex to be both interesting and meaningful. We also like to hear that you enjoy the down-to-earth management style, as servant... More

"Management Centric Employer"

I worked at Terex full-time

Pros

Supervisory collaboration was good. When team members had positive interactions with supervision, and supervision made the effort to interact with them, a successful work environment ensued.

Cons

High turnover rate for assembly team members. Manager centered work environment. A do as I say work environment. The Company pushes safety, then disputes injuries or states they are not work related. Poor ergonomics; unsafe working at heights program. OSHA complaint was filed.

No overtime for exempt employees. Company states annual bonus compensates, but annual bonuses are not guaranteed. Salaried employee's would often work 60 plus hours per week, often reducing their hourly pay to less than an hourly assembly worker.

Advice to Management

Most recent employee survey says it all.

Oct 30, 2017 – Communications Manager

Hello, and thank you for writing. Regarding safety, each Terex facility utilizes a robust system for reporting and evaluating work-related injuries, as well as gathering employee concerns and ideas... More

"Think carefully before accepting job"

I worked at Terex full-time

Pros

If you love a busy fast pace environment then Terex the place to apply for. I have worked for Terex GBS for a period of time and the buzz about the company keeps me going. You can grow your professional network greatly from working in Terex.
    I love a challenge and you do come across challenges on a regular basis.

There is plenty of opportunities to develop your career...but only if management like you

Terex is a great company if you are willing to learn fast.
    The experience you will get in the company is second to none

Cons

The company offers a number of opportunities for their team members to develop their skills. However this only depends on the business needs. If you want a change within the company it does matter what skills or experience you have it only depends on what/who the management want in the role. If you are in a role and the higher management do not want you in the role they will do what they can to make you feel uncomfortable until you decided to step down or leave.

Advice to Management

The management need to be more clear, instead of advertising internal jobs they should just promote someone. Be less sneaky.

Stop saying you support your team when you don't. Think of what your doing and how it affects your team and will it affect their team members performance.

"Accounting"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waverly, IA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waverly, IA

I have been working at Terex full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits and great co-workers

Cons

No work life balance - long hours, mandatory weekends and holidays. Only certain holidays worked will have a float day given.

Training -here is none unless your team is well established and you are taking a job that the person who used to do it is still there to help you which is rare. Management prefer to let you figure it out with an SOP, make mistakes, and then ding you for them rather than give you adequate time and training to help you succeed.

Advancement not likely unless you have maximum talent and can learn on the fly.

Pay - want maximum talent for minimal wages. Will find away to minimize your merit pay and bonuses.

Team members on same team are not held to same standards by accounting manager.

HR - poor

Advice to Management

Develop a good training plan for incoming employees instead of assuming that your accounting leads/managers have plans in place or even train. Listen next time your employees tell you in a survey that their biggest barriers on their jobs are communication and training. They don't mean Terex training videos which have little value added for individual team members jobs or group sessions on different topics.

Define in writing your expectations and definitions. Make sure it crosses all teams and find a way to hold accounting managers to that standard instead of fudging on some team members metrics while tracking other team members down to the tiniest infarction.

Management should follow Terex values instead of finding scapegoats for their own lack of incompetence.