Terminix Reviews in Orlando, FL | Glassdoor

Orlando, FL

1.0
Robert Gillette
1 Rating

Pros
  • the pay is good if you have a good route (in 19 reviews)

• Pretty good benefits and 401k plan (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • There is also no work/life balance (in 29 reviews)

• Not what it seems long hours for the pay that you receive (in 36 reviews)

"Branch Manger"

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at Terminix (More than 10 years)

Pros

401k plan, not much else I can say as the changes made over the past 5 years have been catastrophic to the morale and consistency of the company

Cons

Lost balance, focus on the $ rather than the employees or the customer. Complaints and law suits abound from employees. Totally unethical procedures where if a complaint is made and its a favored employee nothing is done, but if you are not one of the "Golden children" start looking for a job.

Advice to Management

Bring back some ethical direction stand by YOUR ABSOLUTES. Just not when its convenient.

2. "Terminix has turned into a nightmare"

Current Employee - Pest Control Technician in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Pest Control Technician in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Terminix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I honestly can't think of one good reason to work at Terminix.

Cons

The company demands a 60-65 hour work week for very little pay. To make things worse they recently cut pay nationwide for the third year in a row. We fake are lunch breaks in the computer cause we don't have time to actually eat or take a lunch break. When a customer doesn't pay their bill the employee has to pay for it out of their check. The management has zero respect for the employees and their work life balance. Due to disorganization they have successfully taken a 8 hour work day and turned it into 11-13 hour work day. We are constantly yelled at when customers don't pay their bills. They make us call 45 customers and write hand written letters to customers once a week. We do this at dinner time and we don't get paid for it. The manager forces us to spray houses and bill people who have canceled. The company has raised it's rates on the customer and we spray the cheapest watered down chemical on the market. We can't get the chemicals that work because the managers get larger bonuses if they keep the cost down. We literally spray pesticides that barely work. We have to make three or four trips to a house to solve a problem that should take one trip with the right chemical. Overall the management only cares about how numbers look on paper and could careless about the service we provide. I've never worked for such a unethical company.

Advice to Management

Stop overworking your employes and belittling them over customers not paying their bills. Don't expect employees to give 100% when you keep cutting our pay and providing us with cheap supplies. Try to organize so we don't have to work from 7am until 9pm. Block are schedules so we can actually eat a lunch.