Terminix Employee Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Robert Gillette

Pros
  • the pay is good if you have a good route (in 19 reviews)

• Pretty good benefits and 401k plan (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • There is also no work/life balance (in 29 reviews)

• Not what it seems long hours for the pay that you receive (in 36 reviews)

"No work/life balance"

Current Employee - Field Service Technician
    Current Employee - Field Service Technician

I have been working at Terminix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Had some in the beginning, but can't say now

Cons

No work/life balance. Work load too heavy. Management never satisfied. Always want more, more, more from employees. The only downtime you'll have is while you are sleeping.

Advice to Management

Lighten up. You expect way too much from your employees. Quitting can be caused by various reasons, but burnout will be one of them.

"Stressed"

Current Employee - Pest Control Technician in Waukesha, WI
    Current Employee - Pest Control Technician in Waukesha, WI

I have been working at Terminix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent coworkers who are always willing to help... they're the only people keeping our branch alive.

Cons

Upper management is atrocious. Heaven forbid you have an issue with payroll or a complaint for HR, get ready to call 6 different people, fax 4 different forms to 3 people and waste your whole day. This job is so demanding, 6 day work weeks with long hours and a pay plan that is laughable...
    If you want to stay up at night going insane about scheduling, work with hazardous chemicals, have a ridiculous uniform (facial hair) standard and hate waking up in the morning, definately apply.

Advice to Management

I know how much these customers and businesses pay... i know how much i get paid... i know how much the chemicals and gas and vehicle maintenance cost, i know how much insurance is... and something doesn't add up... take care of your GD employees or you wont have a pot to go in.

3. "Horrible!"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Flushing, NY
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Flushing, NY

I have been working at Terminix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company provides you with a car and a gas card. You can make your own schedule most of the time.

Cons

Terminix charges you $400/month for the company car. The amount is automatically taken out of your paycheck, which isn't much to begin with. The company had to settle a multi-million dollar law suit last year, since then leads have virtually stopped. Upper management tries to convince the salespeople that leads are not important. In this business, leads are imperative. Terminix has a lousy reputation on social media review sites. Often when you do create a prospect, they will check out Terminix and decline to do business with you. The poor reviews are a reflection of poor customer service that starts with management. My local branch looses hundreds of accounts per year, often because the managers don't respond to customer issues. This makes it difficult to grow your customer base.

Advice to Management

Pick up the phone and return your customers calls. When a tech is out sick, call the customer to reschedule instead of making it look like a no-show.
    Salespeople here need leads.

5. "Sr. Manager"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Lewisville, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Lewisville, TX

I worked at Terminix full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great People to work with

Cons

They always treated me well and fairly.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing

6. "Sales"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Memphis, TN

I worked at Terminix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy sales jobs and the sales teams are great.

Cons

New leadership does not care about employees. Slick forcing people out . A lot of favoritism.

Advice to Management

Appreciate hard working employees instead of running them away.

"Doesn't value people"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Salem, OR
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Salem, OR

I have been working at Terminix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The give you a ford focus to drive. Seriously, you'd do better getting your own vehicle vs this $200 POS car allowance.

Cons

Where do I begin. First, if you are in sales, you don't get paid unless you collect the technician does the work and the money is collected. I make over 20K in sales, however, only make crappy $1200 base because they can't get tech's to do the work. You won't be able to feed your family in certain territories and I feel that this is part of a Terminix scam. If you want to know what slavery is like, this is the company for you.

Advice to Management

Your #1 resource for your organization is your front line employees. Don't treat them like slaves and pay them what is due. I had to live out of my Terminix vehicle for this company because they can't get the job done. Worst decision of my life.

8. "Pest Control Route Technician"

Pros

Can work independently and gas card helps to keep you fueled up while driving most of the day. Workers are helpful and give good pest control advice to help you do your job.

Cons

Lack of accountability and incompetence amongst management team. They want the sun, moon, and the stars from their workers, yet they don't have the knowledge or personality to help or motivate you to do your job.

Advice to Management

Start hiring experienced guys from within who know the job; not guys who used to drive buses or run cellphone shops...there's no parallel at all.

"If you don't know what the weak link is in your business then it's you."

Current Employee - OSP
    Current Employee - OSP

I have been working at Terminix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to make great commissions.
    Great paid training (if you can get the support at the local level).

Cons

Managers don't care about customers. Makes it difficult to grow your customer base with little to no support.

Advice to Management

Concentrate on customer focus. Just listen to what the customers want. Really it's that simple. Why do you think we lose just as many if not more customers per year as we do gain them?

"Best Job I've Ever Had"

Current Employee - Collections in Lewisville, TX
    Current Employee - Collections in Lewisville, TX

I have been working at Terminix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Casual dress code, 401k match, decent pay, respectful coworkers, vacation pay, sick and personal paid time off. Free Coffee or Tea . Parks Pantry vending for fresh/healthy options. Contest with chances to win gift cards or paid time off. Coaches and Supervisors always available to help with customer calls.

Cons

Located near busy Interstate Highway under construction. Arive early.

Advice to Management

We enjoy the open door policy and the candy dish encouraging us to step into your office. Keep the bowl full. :)

"Pest control technician"

I worked at Terminix full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Company vehicle, that's all all

Cons

Worked there for almost 10 years as a service technician was making mid $70,000 a year then the company decided to cut the routes down and have to take a 20,000 to $30,000 a year pay cut no work-life balance 6 days a week and the only thing they care about is the revenue.