Terminus Reviews | Glassdoor

4.6
Terminus CEO and Co-Founder Eric Spett
Eric Spett

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great benefits and work/life balance" (in 7 reviews)

• "Great perks, great benefits, transparency from C-Suites and below" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "As with most fast-paced growing SaaS startups there can be growing pains as change happens rapidly" (in 8 reviews)

• "company is growing out of its current space (largest office already in ATV) and not ample room for the amount of employees in the office" (in 4 reviews)

"Best Place to work in Atlanta"

I have been working at Terminus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great leadership, ability to make an impact right away with how fast we are growing. Terminus puts its people first.

Cons

Fast growth means a lot of changes, so you have to be able to be dynamic and roll with the changes.

Advice to Management

Stay as transparent as possible even as we continue to grow.

"Depends on what you want"

I worked at Terminus full-time

Pros

They hire a lot of really great, nice and supportive people.

Unlimited vacation (but if you're in sales, it's not exactly encouraged)

Cool office. Team building events.

Cons

Within the biz dev/sales world, there's a good amount of punching down under the guise of coaching. If you only did x or y better, you'd definitely get the meeting or sale. The reality is it's a very competitive marketplace with formidable competition.

If you're young and living in buckhead without a family, this would be a fun place to work. If that's not you, this probably isn't a fit.

Ability to make your numbers aren't as easy as it looks in the recruiting process.

Advice to Management

Trust your people more than your process.

"Terminus Account-Based Marketing Workplace Review"

Current Employee - Intern in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Intern in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Terminus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Very friendly co-workers
    - Free lunch once a week
    - Unlimited PTO

Cons

- Not much cross-functional teamwork and interaction

"Great Company!"

I have been working at Terminus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people who truly care about your success and happiness. Lots of internal opportunities to grow. Very good culture.

Cons

Compensation, start up so base and bonus opportunities are smaller than at larger companies.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

"Deplete"

I worked at Terminus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-People are nice and friendly
    - unlimited vacation days
    - clean workspaces
    - parking

Cons

- work is repetitive
    - no career opportunities or areas for growth
    - inexperience
    - communication

Advice to Management

Management needs to listen. Management looks out for themselves and there is very little teamwork as competition has spread. Not only is competition against other companies an increasing topic but that spirit has spread to competition between employees.

"Needs improvement in numerous areas"

I have been working at Terminus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Big opportunity for the company to win within a quickly growing market
    -Flexibility on working from home
    -Fun peers to work with
    -Nice office in the middle of Buckhead

Cons

-Management is very young. You can tell that most leaders (VPs/Team Managers) are in leadership positions for the first time in their careers. Middle management takes a 100% "manage up" approach and is more concerned with the KPIs that they are measured on rather than the development of individuals and their careers. Lower level employees are simply a means to get to additional funding/acquisition and nothing more. Could be a pro or a con depending on your personal preferences.
    -Lack of work/life balance. We are encouraged to take days off (a la "unlimited PTO"), but theres still tons of pressure to be working when managers are still sending you emails and Slacks after hours/when they know you are out of office.
    -Management only shares the good, but never the bad. Missteps and challenges are always glossed over and rarely addressed in full.

Advice to Management

Take off the rose-colored glasses and give employees a realistic view of what's going on with the company. Recognize when we fail, share why we failed, what are the implications, and what we are doing to address it. By only talking about the good stuff and "potential" we have and excluding challenges, you lose trust in employees and the faith that you are really being as transparent as claimed. Also, always deliver on promises.

The culture used to be fun and encouraging, but as we have grown it has clearly become all about the bottom line. Employee happiness has become an afterthought (i.e. closing the game room, limiting employee outings, only scheduling trainings/meetings during lunch, etc). Stripping away the fun perks of the company in hopes that employees will use that time to work more has the complete opposite effect and creates hostile feelings (even for those that don't even typically use those perks).

"Wow!"

I have been working at Terminus full-time

Pros

Open and transparent culture of communication across the company- dedication to improvement in policies and/or processes.

Cons

Fast-paced work environment with a focus on success for each employee. Growth phase isn't for everyone but for those who enjoy it, you will definitely enjoy Terminus!

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Terminus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people who enjoy what they do; transparent leadership; good pay; good benefits; flexible with time off; fast growing company with great opportunity for growth

Cons

The company is growing really fast so things change often (only a con if you don't like change!)

Advice to Management

Continue to communicate transparently in good times and hard times

9. "Best Company I've Ever Worked For!"

I have been working at Terminus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The most important thing is how much they value their employees. Not only do we have weekly catered lunches, quarterly team outings and plenty of free snacks (and Lacroix), but most importantly is there is plenty of room for advancement and training. There are impromptu "lunch and learns" where you have the opportunity to learn from others across departments, scheduled trainings from experts within your team, and even on-site training from our many technology partners in the space. I would also say that all of management is very transparent and they all have your best interests in mind, they are truly superior leaders. Our CEO is amazing and communicates with the teams weekly, he has set a great pace for the company as a whole. Oh, and we're also the category leaders in the ABM space!

Cons

No company is perfect, but I'd say Terminus is pretty dang close.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, we appreciate everything you do!

"Awesome work environment!"

I have been working at Terminus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A few things that are important to me in my professional life are work-life balance, being surrounded by smart and inspirational people, and the feeling of accomplishment. I am so grateful to have found all of those things here at Terminus. I enjoy coming to work each day and appreciate how friendly the 'Terminators' are - this is important when you spend a good amount of hours together. The PTO policy is great and I love not counting my days to plan for a holiday or family visit. There are lots of other perks as well, but these are the things that are my personal favorites.

Cons

There is always room for improvement and the team here is always open to feedback and suggestions, so no Cons that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work - we appreciate how much you care!