Terumo BCT Engineer Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 7, 2019

Found 21 reviews

4.2
Antoinette Gawin
  1. "What you would expect as a intern"

Current Employee - Software Engineer(Internship) in Lakewood, CO

I have been working at Terumo BCT full-time for less than a year

Pros

They are really supportive and helpful to interns.

Cons

There is some bureaucracy at this company.

Terumo BCT2019-06-03
  2. "Don't drink the Kool-Aid"

Former Employee - Quality Engineer

I worked at Terumo BCT full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

+ Pretty decent starting salary. + Pretty decent PTO amounts.

Cons

- V e r y s l o w m o v i n g to try to get new ideas implemented. - Puts out "engagement" surveys: 1) don't be fooled into thinking they are anonymous, 2) action is not going to come from the results anyway. - Make sure you have your PC (political correct) vocabulary down pat.

Advice to Management

Be real with your employees, oh, sorry, "associates". Too many of the Executive Management Committee members talk out of both sides of their mouths.

Terumo BCT2019-07-08

"Good Place to Work"

Current Employee - Engineer in Lakewood, CO

I have been working at Terumo BCT full-time for more than a year

Pros

- I feel very respected and taken seriously even though I am a young woman in an older male-dominated field - There is not a culture of micro managing in my department. I am trusted to get my work done - Lots of opportunity to learn and take intiative - Interesting work - Very good employee benefits - Gym on site

Cons

- They keep people on as interns too long without converting them - The company has a lot of clunky outdated bureaucratic systems that are frustrating to work within

Terumo BCT2019-03-04

Terumo BCT Response

April 12, 2019Associate and Community Communications

We appreciate you taking time to share specific examples of your experiences at Terumo BCT. Respecting diversity and a commitment to life-long learning are important tenants of our culture. We have launched several projects in the past year to tackle the reduction of bureaucracy to ...

"Slow paced, but committed to Excellence"

Former Employee - Engineer in Lakewood, CO

I worked at Terumo BCT for more than 3 years

Pros

Terumo BCT embraces the technical aspects of their business and with that, Quality. There are no shortcuts in product development and they really are a best in class company.

Cons

Things move slow there. It can be difficult to fill an 8 hour day. It can also be a little political in terms of advancement and getting support.

Advice to Management

Inspire your teams. Terumo should be privileged as an organization to have its employees, but sometimes the organization acts as though the employees should be privileged to work for the company.

Terumo BCT2018-11-07
  5. "Great Work Life Balance"

Former Employee - Engineer Intern in Lakewood, CO

I worked at Terumo BCT for more than a year

Pros

Great work life balance, great people

Cons

Not a whole lot bad to say

Terumo BCT2018-09-05

"Genuine values and fueled by the customer!"

Current Employee - Quality Engineer in Lakewood, CO

I have been working at Terumo BCT full-time for more than a year

Pros

Absolutely love this company! Great work life balance. Genuinely care about customers and employees. Great culture! :)

Cons

I don't have any complaints.

Advice to Management

Thank you for caring about the 'little guys.'

Terumo BCT2017-11-16

Terumo BCT Response

December 8, 2017Associate and Community Communications

So glad to hear that you are enjoying your experience at Terumo BCT and that our culture, values and customer commitment is resonating with you. Thank you for sharing a review, we hope you have a long-tenured career with us.

"Not what it once was"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Lakewood, CO

I worked at Terumo BCT full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The mission of the company is great and you feel like you are helping to save peoples lives.

Cons

Low trust, highly political, and senior management are worried about their own jobs so you will not be protected when the blame storming happens.

Advice to Management

Be honest and address the corporate dysfunction.

Terumo BCT2017-08-29

"Engineer"

Former Employee - Engineer in Lakewood, CO

I worked at Terumo BCT full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay was good, newer employees were all very friendly.

Cons

Lack of structure, minimal training, undefined authority, management rarely followed through on what they said they would do. Most long term employees seemed catty and cliquish. Didn't gain any useful experience.

Advice to Management

Middle management is not effective and seems to spend more time socializing than doing actual work.

Terumo BCT2017-03-02
  9. "Great company"

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Lakewood, CO

I have been working at Terumo BCT for more than a year

Pros

One of the best places I've worked. Culture is terrific - people are competent and have good work ethic, there is an expectation that people are good at what they do and interactions have been remarkably low in office politics. Health conscious company - they just put in a really nice fully equipped gym, classes, etc.

Cons

Nothing major that I've seen. Some of their documentation processes are a little inefficient, but they work. Accounting needs a staff person to manage special accounts like overseas shipping for new development - they are short handed. Also - Terumo is very contractor heavy vs full time direct employees, and it's surprisingly difficult to be hired direct here even with a positive record as a contractor.

Advice to Management

Give some preference in hiring to existing contractors. Hire more people directly instead of contracting so much. Set up a contractor oriented job board so that existing contractors can connect internally with other contract openings, and so hiring managers know who is coming available for either contract or direct positions. Contractors gain internal experience and know people in the company - seems like they would be...

Terumo BCT2016-03-29

"Company has some great technology but is over bloated with bureaucracy."

Current Employee - Engineer in Lakewood, CO

I have been working at Terumo BCT full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits are good, some great people. The company is very stable and is all about the end consumer (patient). The quality is top notch on the product and they keep that focus. On site cafeteria is great.

Cons

Some people have been there too long. Many arrogant people with connections. Promotions are based on relationships and connections, rather than accomplishments. Work loads are weak with not a lot of expectations.

Advice to Management

Streamline the bloat and make people pull their weight. Bureaucracy and arrogance only stifles creativity and puts you behind the competition. The CEO is terrific, I just don't think he see's how things are run at lower levels.

Terumo BCT2016-01-19