Terumo BCT Reviews | Glassdoor

Terumo BCT Reviews

Updated Oct 7, 2019

Found 192 reviews

3.6
Terumo BCT CEO Antoinette Gawin (no image)
Antoinette Gawin
  1. "Device hardware becoming software"

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer

I have been working at Terumo BCT full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good Health benefits, 3 weeks vacation, unlimited sick leave

Cons

heavy FDA regulations create large layer of people dedicated to useless procedures

Advice to Management

not much they can do given the FDA regs

Terumo BCT2018-05-11

"Sales"

I worked at Terumo BCT full-time

Pros

Products Sales Teams Run your own territory

Cons

Needs more training Lack of transparency Inconsistency with Sales Quotas

Terumo BCT2018-05-08

June 15, 2018Associate and Community Communications

We agree that our products and people are our most valuable attributes. As an organization committed to continuous improvement, training and communication are two key areas of focus for us. With a workforce that is geographically dispersed like ours, communication can be even more challenging. We are working to increase two-way communication opportunities by leveraging technology (such as Yammer) for real-time exchange of news and information. We appreciate you sharing a review.

"No Room For Improvement"

I worked at Terumo BCT full-time

Pros

Multinational environment (EMEA Zaventem) , Semi good compensation.

Cons

Only connection talks (in sale department distribution EMEA), No room to grow, Promotions based on internal connections.

Advice to Management

No Room to improve / prove your Competences. Strong Mafia in the sales department (Distribution EMEA) ; Top management positions are acquired based on internal connections and not competences; Strong control of headquarter (US) on subsidiaries (Ie, No creativity, No freedom) US headquarter should give more freedom to its subsidiaries . They should control the staff promotions, give more freedom to employees.

Terumo BCT2018-05-03

June 15, 2018Associate and Community Communications

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We strive to strike the right balance and approach decision-making with consideration for both global and local needs and perspectives. We also place great value on associate development. We appreciate the input you provided and will continue to look for ways to offer growth opportunities to our associates around the globe.

"Very focused on the patient"

I worked at Terumo BCT full-time

Pros

The company keeps a keen focus on the patient that is at the end of all the company does. Keep that up. Long employee tenure is typical.

Cons

Collaboration and transparency across and within departments can be challenging.

Advice to Management

Being laid off without cause resulted in being completely cut off from former co-workers/managers which is particularly problematic for employees that have worked there for a long time (which is typical) that need references in the pursuit of the next position.

Terumo BCT2018-04-30

May 7, 2018Associate and Community Communications

The patients we touch through our devices are at the heart of everything we do as a company. We appreciate hearing this resonates and that our altruistic purpose impacts the long tenure of our associates. As we continue to grow and diversify we are navigating some natural growing pains, including those related to collaborating across an increasingly matrixed global organization. We are implementing new initiatives in FY 2018 to help address these challenges and to equip our teams to work more effectively together. Decisions to eliminate roles are never easy but sometimes must be made to support the long-term needs of the company. We appreciate your dedication and wish you the best of luck in your future job search.

"Toxic Cost Accounting Department with serious, extensive malfunctions and horrible attitudes, so depressing"

Former Employee - Cost Accountant in Lakewood, CO

I worked at Terumo BCT full-time for less than a year

Pros

6 well qualified people have walked off a 4 person team in less than 11 years

Cons

A complete failure to on-board and provide accounting IT access. Extensively flawed "training" materials; profound multi-year costing errors, person responsible repeatedly saying "too busy" or "they can't" while playing video games at desk every day, arriving late & leaving early daily because of "allergies" ... Also a completely spaced out manager with severely blood shot eyes, daily bad attitude and a swollen... nose excessively sweating out smelly alcohol as he repeatedly got the Forex fractions upside down and wasn't sure where things are or how they work. The manager quickly became angry and threatening using vulgarity and the blame game, HR here is completely irrelevant and will not/can not assist anyone about the decade long accounting and HR problems they continue to have, in fact HR went completely dark, not responding for days at a time and when they do reply they don't address the issue, they sidetrack about other stuff. They didn't even bother to clean off the filthy desk for day one. The last person had obviously walked off the job months prior and they left a half eaten lunch at the desk. He noticed the funny look on my face and he said "you should clean that up" it was disgusting, the whole area was disgusting and dirty, my predecessor had left personal belongings behind AND THEY WERE STILL THERE! no one even bothered to prepare for my day one even though they took 6 weeks to provide a start date, a very sad, incompetent and depressed team. They seem to be paralyzed with fear of anyone finding out that they don't really understand the fundamentals and obviously don't want anyone else to succeed either.

Advice to Management

It will require some serious, upper level intervention to clean up that team. Otherwise I'm certain you'll continue to get the same inaccurate results.

Terumo BCT2018-04-25

May 7, 2018Associate and Community Communications

We regret this was your experience with our company. We take valuing and treating our associates with respect very seriously and our HR team responds in kind when matters such as this are brought forward.

"Manufacturing Assembly"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CO

I have been working at Terumo BCT full-time

Pros

Pay is okayish Job has ok benefits

Cons

You can only miss barley any days a year, your PTO accumulates very slowly, so if you don’t have any more PTO or don’t Use PTO, it counts as a occurrence even a min late is a occurrence - highly Political, if you say something or do something the entire world will know - You have to be very quick,

Advice to Management

Treat your employees fair and right

Terumo BCT2018-03-31
  7. "Dynamic work environment"

I have been working at Terumo BCT

Pros

Global systems allow for experience building and international interaction with world class organizations. Good country to work in: low cost accommodation, good foods etc

Cons

Substantial workload and potential frictions between employees from different cultures. Local team is in need of support in-terms of technology and work ethics.

Advice to Management

Need continuous reinforcement/ encouragement of collaboration

Terumo BCT2018-03-23

April 11, 2018Associate and Community Communications

Thank you for your review and appreciation of the dynamics of working in a global organization, as we continue to become a more global company that brings both new opportunities and challenges to our diverse, talented workforce. Navigating cultural differences is an ongoing process, and we remain committed to working towards solutions that foster an engaging, harmonious work environment for our more than 6,000 global associates and allow us to continue serving our customers around the world.

"Job Insecurity -Layoffs ,budget cuts."

Current Employee - IT Analyst in Lakewood, CO

I have been working at Terumo BCT full-time for less than a year

Pros

Stable and secure company -Not anymore

Cons

Let go people who lived all their life ,without notice

Advice to Management

Company take pride in kicking out people worked all their life ,firing 10-15 people in IT without notice ,sad going down ,not secure anymore.

Terumo BCT2018-03-16

March 23, 2018Associate and Community Communications

From time to time Terumo BCT must make difficult decisions as it relates to our organization’s size and structure. These decisions are not easy and we carefully consider the impact on the lives of our associates and their families. While we do not discuss individual employment decisions in any public forum, we can say that steps are taken to mitigate the impact and support the associates during and after the separation.

"You get out what you put in"

Former Employee - Material Handler in Lakewood, CO

I worked at Terumo BCT full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company outlines what you need to do to be successful, if you do well with structure, you'll do well at this company.

Cons

A lot more gossip driven than other jobs -- try not to get involved.

Terumo BCT2018-03-15

"Great place to work"

I have been working at Terumo BCT full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good benefits, great co-workers, life -saving products

Cons

upward mobility not great, middle management could be better trained to manage people, not just work

Terumo BCT2018-03-14