Terumo BCT "work environment" Reviews | Glassdoor

Terumo BCT Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated Jul 7, 2019

Found 184 reviews

3.6
Antoinette Gawin
Pros
  • "Good benefits, great co-workers, life -saving products(in 14 reviews)

• "They value their employees and provide a great work life balance(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "There are not to many Cons-this is a fast paced work environment, with many challenges that help you grow(in 7 reviews)

• "Low trust, highly political, and senior management are worried about their own jobs so you will not be protected when the blame storming happens(in 6 reviews)

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Solid Company"

Current Employee - Senior Programmer in Lakewood, CO

I have been working at Terumo BCT full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Stable work environment. -Committed to quality. -Work Life balance.

Cons

Nothing to add at this time.

Terumo BCT2019-06-11

"Toxic Work Environment Inhibits Otherwise Exciting Products"

Former Employee - Software in Lakewood, CO

I worked at Terumo BCT full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

It is rewarding to contribute to devices that save lives. The company knows what a powerful idea this is and reinforces it at every quarterly meeting. It helps temper the negatives for a while. There are some phenomenal people working at Terumo. I have made some friendships that will last a lifetime. Some perks like the on-site gym and Eco pass are nice.

Cons

It is a toxic work environment for women. I was paid less than men with the same background and work experience, despite working just as hard. I was touched inappropriately. When this was reported, I was asked if I misunderstood what happened and that I should assume the "best of intentions." I heard many explicit comments about my own body and other female coworker's bodies....

Advice to Management

Clean house.

Terumo BCT2017-11-10

Terumo BCT Response

November 14, 2017Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for sharing feedback about your time at Terumo BCT. We agree with your observation that there are some phenomenal people who work at Terumo BCT. While we disagree with many of your other statements, some of your comments are of serious concern, and we are particularly troubled ...

"Not a lot of room for job mobility"

I worked at Terumo BCT

Pros

Stable work environment, workload is balanced

Cons

Not open to new ideas

Terumo BCT2017-03-12

"Unprofessional Management Style"

Former Employee - Engineer in Lakewood, CO

I worked at Terumo BCT full-time

Pros

Good company to work for in terms of making medical devices that saves lives. Good technology, stable company with good benefits.

Cons

Hostile work environment created and supported by management. High favoritism level. Bad and unprofessional management style. Unskilled and unknowledgeable managers especially in engineering.

Advice to Management

Employees are the company's greatest asset. Support your employees; be fair with evaluating their performance based on their contribution to the company and not on your favoritism. Advice to the top level management and executives to carefully evaluate the skills of the low level managers especially in engineering in order to prevent this company from going down by losing its customer satisfaction.

Terumo BCT2015-12-13

"Great Benefits"

Former Employee - Assembler in Lakewood, CO

I worked at Terumo BCT

Pros

Excellent benefits of health insurance, education, and annual bonus. Clean work environment

Cons

There are too many family works together in the production floor, advancement opportunity is scarce and not objective.

Advice to Management

Family should not work directly work together to avoid nepotism which could lead unhealthy working environment.

Terumo BCT2015-10-09

"Going Downhill"

Former Employee - Regulatory and Quality in Lakewood, CO

I worked at Terumo BCT full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good products, stable work environment. Biggest medical device company in Denver. Good awareness of impact on patients.

Cons

Lack of leadership at top levels. Too much politics. Company declined from where it once was.

Advice to Management

Focus on the people again. All those years under private equity caused you to lose perspective on what is important.

Terumo BCT2015-08-25

"A Growing Company With Lack of Employee Support"

I have been working at Terumo BCT full-time

Pros

Good employees to work with. A lot of cross-functional training. Good benefits.

Cons

Management looks for ways to make the work environment so unpleasant (discrimination, retaliation, harassment) that employees dread going to work. No moral.

Advice to Management

Protect employees. Listen better and more often. Increase moral. Improve Human Resources.

Terumo BCT2015-04-14

"Marketing Comm Team - Very Corporate"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CO

I have been working at Terumo BCT full-time

Pros

A good team of people capable of producing high-quality collateral.

Cons

The development of career paths is based on an individual's relationship with the VP. Very corporate work environment where schmoozing gets rewarded more than good, hard work.

Terumo BCT2014-05-27

"Not a pleasant place to work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CO

I have been working at Terumo BCT full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Once in a while they will let employees off 1/2 hour early with pay. If you work a 5-8 work schedule, you get two days off at Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Cons

Not too many of those who are in management seem to care about how they treat their employees. There is a lot of low moral in the workplace. Management look for ways to make the work environment so unpleasant that employees hate going to work everyday.

Advice to Management

If management treated their employees better, they would get employees who care about the products they make and would make it with pride. They would get employees who would make sure the quality of their work was the best.

Terumo BCT2014-06-01

"Better than most employers."

I have been working at Terumo BCT full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

1) Reasonable starting salary. 2) Decent benefits. 3) Good work environment. 4) Has a bonus program!

Cons

1) Raises are small. 2) Benefits are decreasing - health insurance. 3) Cubicles for now, but it looks like they are going to that goofy "open office" environment. 4) Since the Japanese bought us, it is ALL about the almighty Yen. 5) The new Vietnam plant, who hasn't seen this scenario before? Goodbye jobs. 6) Top heavy with management.

Advice to Management

Stop pinching your employees for every Yen you can, how much is enough? Management is way too top heavy now. David Perez is a really decent person, I wish more of the executives were like him in manner and style.

Terumo BCT2014-04-07