I worked at Tesla Motors (More than a year)
Wonderful long term goal.
Overall Benefits - Not as good as some, but better than most.
Small teams. Large say in what happens (if you wish).
* Low pay due to "Manufacturing." Not as good as "Technology"
* "Speed of light" pace. Miscalculate by 1 millisecond, and you are 186 miles off course.
* Little communication between teams. Very little planning/integration between teams.
* Very little overall "system design." Lots! of "by the seat of your pants" development going on (see "light speed pace").
* Selection of "sub optimal" technologies due to "well, I know C#/Microsoft" instead of selecting large enterprise ready tools/systems. "if your only tool is a hammer, all your problems become nails."
* SEVERE! employee burnout/apathy.
This will replace the current featured review for targeted profile. Are you sure you want to replace it?
Are you sure you want to remove this review from being featured for targeted profile?