Tesla New Product Introduction Associate Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Tesla Chairman, CEO, and Product Architect Elon Musk
Elon Musk
1 Rating

Pros
  • Watching the company literally change the world (in 39 reviews)

• Fast-Paced, dynamic work environment with employees that are incredibly enthusiastic about what they do (in 61 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance needs improvement (in 124 reviews)

• Long hours with large work load (in 120 reviews)

"A huge let down.."

Former Contractor - New Product Introduction Associate in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Contractor - New Product Introduction Associate in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Tesla as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

If you are an engineer from an ivy league school or top notch university its an okay place to work because they let engineers take two hour lunches, work from home, take as many breaks as you want and pay you highly to do whatever you please. As an engineer you will not have to do much work because you have the N.P.I. or manufacturing introduction people to do it for you.

Cons

They make you work twelve to sixteen hour days at the drop of a hat. If you are white and thinking about working in the production area, think again because you will be the only white guy working there. So you will get dirty looks from others and you will feel like you don't belong because people of the same race form clicks at Tesla. Tesla is an American company that makes cars but the cars are made by foreigners that use to work for Toyota. Which is mostly Filipino and Chinese workers that send the money they make back to their countries. They all have known each other for years and speak the same language so they stick together. I tried to just ignore all this and work hard but it doesn't matter because you have to know somebody or be in a click to last at Tesla. Tesla will also promise to hire you on but they never do.

Advice to Management

I was promised in my first interview that if i worked hard i would most definitely move up in the company and be hired on in three months. I was so proud and excited to get hired. I was told their are lots of good opportunities by working for this big company. I worked very hard for about a year but i never moved up and never got hired. I went from N.P.I. in Palo Alto to getting interviewed by the director of engineering but then i was forced to work in the production line in Fremont. I was told this is all they had for me even though i worked 17 years of my life to get up to an engineering level. After starting at an entry level production job 17 years ago, i wasn't looking to go backwards in life. Well of course i wouldn't last in production because it would be like starting my life all over again, it was a waste of my talent. I have to much brains to be a robot in production. Then Tesla just threw me out like trash, they sent me an email saying my contract was ended and that this was final. A company that has such poor leadership will not make it very long. After i left Tesla i instantly made five dolor's more an hour and given a supervisor's position at a medical device company. This shows their are smarter companies out there that can see my talent and potential.