Tesla Employee Reviews about "fast paced"
60% would recommend to a friend
(208 total reviews)
70% approve of CEO
Found 208 of over 10K reviews
Updated Nov 29, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about Tesla
The Work-Life Bowl
3 months ago
With the way my hours are set at tesla i get Sunday-Tuesday/Wednesday alternates. I've been thinking of getting into a trade or class be license but with so many options and Hvac kind've looking like that route to go, any one with ideas of positions to look into with great pay but not as much back breaking.
6 months ago
Long story short; got an offer from amazon kuiper (seattle) for 250k last week and now tesla is giving a counter offer for 250k to stay. Been with tesla for 2 yrs and the projects been good and the next couple yrs should be the same. I don’t see my projects get any more complex or challenging for the next year or two. But I expect kuiper project to teach me quite a bit. Should i stay? Hardware engineer Tc 170 Yoe2+masters
Got a burning question about Tesla? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Tesla employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "great benefits and full of incredible opportunities" (in 666 reviews)
- "Great people and feels great to be apart of the overall mission of the company." (in 492 reviews)
- "Pay is good and it is exciting to see all the leading technology in electric cars" (in 467 reviews)
- "Great Job and team atmoshpere" (in 200 reviews)
- "Coworkers are great and helpful" (in 153 reviews)
- "No work life balance and very demanding" (in 498 reviews)
- "Long hours and working weekends are fairly normal depending on the importance and timelines of projects." (in 452 reviews)
- "very poor management; no life and work balance; pay rate is miserable according to the work being done." (in 423 reviews)
- "Long hours are expected" (in 166 reviews)
- "The managers have no auto sales/ industry experience." (in 154 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Tesla and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "fast paced"Return to all Reviews
- 4.0Nov 7, 2023Software Engineering InternCurrent Intern, less than 1 yearPalo Alto, CA
Incredible ownership and decent compensation
Can be stressful at times due to the amount of internship and fast paced development cycle.
- 4.0Sep 24, 2021Network Engineer InternCurrent Intern, less than 1 yearAustin, TX
Free Coffee! Free food! Discount on Tesla Merch! Get to ride Teslas as an intern to deliver to people! Fast paced and great place to learn and start your career
Fast paced! (lol yes, its both a pro and a con), teams are a little bit understaffed and the work can get a little overwhelming and stressful sometimes.
- 1.0Nov 21, 2023Software Engineer(Internship)Current Intern, less than 1 yearPalo Alto, CA
- Not really anything positive to say about this company
Tesla is a 'tech' company that feels like a start up company. In particular it prouds itself on overworking employees masquerading it as 'fast paced' and in general has a terrible work life balance. I have heard these points of feedback not only from fellow interns but multiple full-time employees. The work culture is toxic, and this has been the most draining experience, do not recommend coming here. Additionally, it does not pay competitive salary to market price.
- 4.0Dec 6, 2022Operations AdvisorFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsBrentwood, TN
Awesome pay, great benefits. Cool company to say you work for.
Training. Very stressful and fast paced environment. Decent turnover rate. Customer relations can be tough.2
- 4.0Aug 22, 2023Anonymous ContractorFormer Contractor, more than 3 years
Good and motivated team Fast paced work place
2 week sprints, thus, one week dev cycle get a bit hectic
- 4.0Sep 12, 2017Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsFremont, CA
Alot of hands on work. Very fast pace and alot of room to grow if you are starting off in an entry position.
Alot of overtime and on some seasons, not enought work hours. Management is hit or miss depending which departnent and shift you land on.1