Tesser Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 14, 2017

Found 5 reviews

3.9
Tré Musco
  1. "As a Senior Designer at the company for 9 years I had the opportunity to work on many large brands and on many levels."

Former Employee - Senior Environments Designer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Tesser full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The ability for growth and learning from big brand client work pays off. Employees have a typical 40-45 hour week and overall are happy without a lot of stress. The company is very small and tightly knit, which allows close working relations with all team members and executives. Growth for younger staff members is definitely learned from being hands-on. Dedication, hard work and perseverance pays off for success with...

Cons

Sometimes culture lacks, but open communication is welcomed by all. The company is small so don't expect a ton of perks like large tech/design firms. The experience gained can outweigh those.

Advice to Management

Nice overall experience with my personal tenure.

Tesser2017-03-14
  2. "Interesting projects; pros and cons to small size"

Former Employee - California in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Tesser full-time

Pros

Fun projects, ability to do a little of everything

Cons

Not many opportunities for growth

Tesser2016-02-24

Tesser Response

July 27, 2016Director, Client and Studio Services (Operations)

Thank you for your comments and the growth aspect is someone we have been actively focussing on this year and creating development plans.

3. "Leadership has strong values"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Tesser for more than a year

Pros

Really nice people. Talented creative team. Top fast food brand clientele.

Cons

Not strategically focused. Leadership needs to empower team more systematically to lead decision-making.

Tesser2015-08-25

Tesser Response

July 27, 2016Director, Client and Studio Services (Operations)

Thank you for your comments. Good to hear you found our people nice and the creative team talented. Yours comments under cons are something we identified last year and a year on I believe we have addressed those concerns.

4. "Great place to get experience for a while"

I worked at Tesser

Pros

Great projects and opportunity. Must be self-motivated and to a certain degree self-managed. You will get what you put in. Because it is a small studio you can get a lot of hands on experience you wouldn't normally get at a larger agency. Staff is friendly and helpful, sometimes stressed because it is very busy.

Cons

Everything seems rushed and team size is often inadequate for the magnitude and scope of projects. Must be able to wear many hats, work on several projects at a time, and be very adaptable. The environment is very sink or swim.

Advice to Management

Full-time employee moral seemed a bit low. Complained about lack of career growth (internally.)

Tesser2014-06-21
  5. "Solid creative work, disappointing experience professionally and culturally"

Former Employee - Director of Business Development in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Tesser for less than a year

Pros

Solid creative work on behalf of clients. Projects are interesting and with the big brands in the food service space. Small group of 10-15 depending upon number of projects in-house. Many employees have been there a long time and then there is much turnover amongst some of the more junior positions.

Cons

Use an opportunity to work there as a learning experience that would prepare you to move on to your next assignment. Good agency experience to leverage into a client side position. All important decisions are made my company owner.

Tesser2014-03-29