TestDome Reviews

Updated May 16, 2019

5.0
TestDome Founders Zeljko Svedic and Mario Zivic (no image)
Zeljko Svedic and Mario Zivic

"Great company"

Current Contractor - Content Manager in Ontario, CA

I have been working at TestDome for more than a year

Pros

- Remote working from the comfort of your home. - Varied technical challenges. - Technical leadership and a lack of bureaucracy. - Lots of technical growth opportunities.

Cons

- Remote work can be challenging, especially with a time difference.

Continue reading
  2. "Excellent company to work with"

Current Contractor - Independent Contractor in Lucknow

I have been working at TestDome

Pros

TestDome is a remote company with excellent professionalism, great teamwork, and coordination. It establishes a work environment and culture that many other companies would want to achieve. Moreover, there is no strict chain of commands, the work culture is transparent and friendly but professional. It is also great to have your technical skills sharpened up while working.

Cons

Did not find one, yet.

Continue reading

3. "Great experience, great team and great product"

Former Employee - Full Stack Developer in Zagreb

I worked at TestDome full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are many things I liked while I was working in TestDome: - The company is fully remote, which means you get to set your own schedule. No one will be controlling you - but your efforts will be visible and rewarded. - Various tasks -I was working on frontend, backend, database and also there were a lot of exploratory tasks. - You work on a product - which means that you have time to try things out and decided what is the best, there is no rushing. Do the right things in the right way. - The team is awesome and very experienced, and I've learned a lot from them. - Income is competitive and there are numerous perks.

Cons

I think that remote work isn't suited for everyone, it may look cool that you can pick a time and place to do your job, but you still need to deliver, and I've seen some people having issues if they were given this freedom.

Continue reading
  4. "Great company for remote work"

Former Employee - Content Manager in Zagreb

I worked at TestDome full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company is fully remote and very well organized to support remote work. Processes are documented, discussions are transparent and goals are clear. Customer feedback is valued as it drives product development. Content manager position gave me an opportunity to explore many different technologies in my domain, as well to collaborate with domain experts in other domains. It required wide knowledge to begin with, but also enabled me to grow it even wider. The experience I had from the industry was very useful as it allowed me to distinguish between realistic and academic problems.

Cons

It sometimes felt like an engineering job reversed - instead of working on solutions for existing problems, I was inventing problems which would allow candidates to demonstrate a specific set of skills.

5. "Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Zagreb

I have been working at TestDome full-time for less than a year

Pros

- great and very supporting team - amazing product - remote work - great work life balance

Cons

- no cons, everything was in line with expectations

6. "The Perfect Company for Remote Workers"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at TestDome for more than a year

Pros

I've been working at the company for a year and a half, and I can easily say it's the best company fit for me. Here's why I love TestDome: - Supported Autonomy: I have autonomy in my work and am trusted to be a responsible, thinking human person who can make decisions and progress things without constant supervision. That said, support is available when I need or want to check in with another thinking human person. - Remote-first Asynchronous Scheduling: Unlike many companies who claim to be a-OK with remote work, TestDome is truly remote-first. All company communications are designed in respect of the fact that people work in different time zones. I live in a wildly different time zone to most everyone else in the company, and no one asks me to have a meeting at 11pm or 6am. Ever. We can get away with this because we don't have any superfluous, long meetings. -No B.S.: There is a complete lack of annoying bureaucratic rubbish. Everyone says what they mean, and everyone is fully transparent about what's what with the work and company business. There are no office politics to navigate. It's so damn refreshing. - Flexibility: I set my own hours so I can easily flex around life commitments. I don't have to ask if I can log in late because I have a 9am doctor's appointment. I just get my work done like a responsible, thinking human person and everyone's happy. - Everyone's Smart: I'm never annoyed by having to talk to dumb people. Everyone in the company is smart, which makes work easier, quicker, and more enjoyable. - Work Anywhere: I can work anywhere in the world. I can work while lying on my sofa in my pajamas. I can work from a beachside bar on a tropical island. I can work from my nearest co-working space or from a charming cottage in wine country. I'm not chained to a desk in an office, being forced to smell other people's disgusting lunch choices. - Vacations: TestDome not only gives you ample holiday leave, they encourage you to take it. Even better, all public holidays in your country count as free leave days, so there's no penalty for working for a company registered in another country. If New Year's Day is a holiday where you live, it's a free holiday for you at TestDome too.

Cons

This type of work arrangement isn't for everyone. Here are some reasons that remote work, and therefore TestDome, might not be for you: - If you get lonely without coworkers around to chit-chat with daily, remote work is not for you. - If you are creeped out by talking to people you've never met in person, remote work might not be for you. - If you need constant supervision to stay on task, remote work is probably not for you (though some companies extensively track remote workers, TestDome doesn't parent you like you're an untrustworthy child) - If you're not very good at what you do and are hoping to skate by unnoticed, TestDome is not for you. We'll notice, and we'll mind. - If you need a lot of black-and-white rules and structured layers of hierarchy to feel comfortable with your work, TestDome is probably not for you.

7. "TestDome Review"

Current Employee - Programming Content Creator in Malinska

I have been working at TestDome part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

One day you are creating C# algo questions, next day JavaScript questions, and when this becomes boring, you find expert who knows some new JavaScript library that now the whole world uses and you create new questions for that library together with that expert. And, at the end, you get feedback on your work from several other experts and several thousand candidates :-)

Cons

When you are working on so much different skills, you don't have time to go too much into depth.

8. "A great place for remote work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Zagreb

I have been working at TestDome full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexibility in work location & working hours, management that really cares about the business, employees and customers, competitive income.

Cons

If you like to socialize with your coworkers, or need some office perks, maybe this is not the right place for you.

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 8 reviews