Cover image for Tester Work

Tester Work

Is this your company?

Tester Work

Add a Review

Tester Work Employee Reviews about "manager"

Updated Jun 4, 2023

81 Comments

Tech

1030.9K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Tester Work~1494825
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Tester Work? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Tester Work employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

What are your colleagues talking about?

Find your private company bowl on Fishbowl, join the hottest conversation with your colleagues anonymously.
Join the Conversation

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Good pay and clear work.(in 11 reviews)
  • "Their team is excellent at support and clarifying any doubts.(in 6 reviews)
Cons
  • "Low salary, not enough job invitation(in 4 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Tester Work and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "manager"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Freelancer, less than 1 year

The best testing platform.

Mar 14, 2023 - Tester in Jakarta
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good project and very fast payment.

Cons

The communication between testers and the manager is a bit difficult.

2. 4.0
    Current Freelancer, more than 3 years

Great for both beginner and proffesional QA's

Jun 17, 2022 - Quality Assurance in Cluj-Napoca
    Business Outlook

Pros

The pros of working with Testerwork is: - you get to work on a wide variety of projects, ranging from Fintech to Health-tech and different other industries (sometimes even Mobile Games) - you get to work on Apps from companies within FAANG (especially Facebook, as they're one of the bigget companies that are with Testerwork) - you get to experience how bug tracking works, as well as other opportunities as Bug Moderation, Test Case Creation - overall, this would prepare you and gain experience for a QA role, shall you search for a Full-Time Job - by dedicating more time, more devices, this can also become a full-time job - Great communication with Test Managers and the Support Team - they will help you with any question regarding tests, or issues you submit. - You also get paid weekly, every Tuesday if I'm not mistaken which is great as you don't have to wait until the end of the month for a salary.

Cons

- Unfortunately, you can't predict when you are going to be invited on a project/Test Cycle - that means that you might get invited at midnight, or have your weekends full with testing - You don't have an option to "pause" testing in case you're in vacation. - In order to be a reoccurring tester you will have to be consistent with testing. I'm guessing rejecting the project 3+ times will make you replaceable with a more consistent tester. - Some of the tests are depending on your location. Therefore, you might not get invited on all the tests, are some are country-specific. - You might need multiple devices in order to get picked. I totally had over 10 devices throughout my testing with Tester Work. - It will take time for you to get invited to multiple projects and build trust. You need to be consistent and test for 1+ year, and after that you will be invited to bigger projects as you build trust and prove your professionalism and QA skills. Nonetheless, this is still a good side-job at the start, which can change into full-time in the future. - You get paid by the severity of the bug you submit, however, lately they are using an AI that determines the severity. This means that sometimes the AI might be wrong and you will have to contact Tester Work regarding the issue in question in order to change the severity. Nonetheless, the support is great and it will get a solution in 1 to max 2 business days depending on when the request was sent.

3. Join the Tester Work team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Current Freelancer

Good place to work as a freelancer

Aug 27, 2020 - Freelance
    Business Outlook

Pros

I like the way the projects are presented and explained to testers, the managers are mostly fair with the rejections or corrections of the issues and generally speaking i like the platform a lot.

Cons

Few projects to work, only 2 or 3 per week

5. 5.0
    Current Freelancer, more than 1 year

Best testing freelancing platform!

Jan 17, 2020 - QA Tester in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very interesting cycles They pay incredibly well! They give bonuses according to your rating tier. The cycle manager and their team are very surpportive and polite. Ample for testcase executions. Very descriptive and easy to understand/execute testcases. It's very easy to increase your rating as long as you

Cons

The rating goes down very fast when you get a few bugs/testcases rejected. Not very many opportunites for android and linux platforms.

6. 5.0
    Current Freelancer, more than 5 years

The Best Freelance Partner for QA

Apr 22, 2020 - Software QA Engineer in Cirebon, West Java
    Business Outlook

Pros

I work as freelance since 2015 and I do like Tester Work. - On time payment - Clear job instruction - Fair selection - Good manager and team support - A great bug report application

Cons

I didn't see any cons in Testerwork

7. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Didn't feel customer focused

Feb 22, 2020 - Customer Service Advisor in Newcastle upon Tyne, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good bonus program with potential to make 2k on your basic without much effort

Cons

Inconsistent management. You would get conflicting advice from different team managers. In training the advice was to try to sell add-ons, my first team leader also pushed this, my second team leader chastised you for not selling in line with a customer's needs, third manager would try to second guess the customers needs (you would explain a product and ask if they would like it, if they agreed and the manager was listening in and didn't think, say, an admin assistant didn't need a courtesy car, they would come down on you, fourth didn't care at all. This was a few years ago so the culture could have changed but based on recent Facebook posts... I'm not sure that it has.

2 people found this review helpful