Teton Valley Hospital Reviews | Glassdoor

Teton Valley Hospital Reviews

2.5
Keith Gnagey

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Love the team environment and openness of Administration"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Driggs, ID
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Driggs, ID

I worked at Teton Valley Hospital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Caring leadership from Admin Staff to Managers. Employees in every department work hard and are dedicated to patient care as well as being supportive co-workers. Many do all they can to go the extra mile. Enjoyed the free lunches, annual party, gifts during hospital week and annual performance bonuses. Benefits maybe different than the norm but are fair for all employees. HR does a good job of explaining new hire process, orientation and best benefit options.

Cons

Limited opportunities for career advancement due to size. Some employees are too focused on what other employers might offer they can't see how good they have it now.

Advice to Management

Continue to validate staff for the hard work they do and someday maybe they will see just how much effort the Administration team puts in during their 50-60 hour work week.

2. "avoid not employee friendly"

Former Employee - Medical Technologist in Driggs, ID
    Former Employee - Medical Technologist in Driggs, ID

I worked at Teton Valley Hospital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

nice tranquil location in teton valley idaho

Cons

Was ordered to reuse vacutainer holders and tourniquets by manager. I was not a good employee so I ignored this order. Instead I followed the FDA and CDC recommendation to not reuse this equipment. I choice instead to follow patient safety guidelines and ignore boss. Led to many arguments.
    Boss saved best shifts for friend and the boss. Another employee and I got the worse shifts.

Advice to Management

Train managers, setup guidelines for managers and supervise managers

Jan 6, 2016 – Director of Marketing

We've taken your comments about low quality standards very seriously. After thoroughly investigating your claims, we've found no evidence of to support your statements about this. It's very important... More

3. "You'll never have a chance if you are not LDS"

Pros

If you live in the valley, it could be okay

Cons

Its really difficult from a nurse standpoint to be interviewed by a lady who has 3 empty Pepsi cans on her desk. Unprofessional. Even more difficult to deal with when they verbally offer you a job only to not follow up on it. She was more concerned over the LDS affiliation than credentials. She asked what one knew about Utah. When your response is less than LDS oriented she shuts you down. She also complained about the higher ups complaining that she vacuumed the office. She was very proud of it, but stated that her managers didn't like her use of time. You think?? Perhaps be more concerned with cleaning your own office, throwing away pepsi cans and hiring qualified staff before you spend your salary on vacuuming the office.

Jan 5, 2016 – Director of Marketing

Thank you for sharing your perspective about an interview with one of our managers. TVHC does not condone discrimination against anyone for race, religion, ethnic origin, disability, etc. Please... More

4. "not a healthy working environment, no advancement options"

Former Employee - Medical Billing and Coding in Driggs, ID
    Former Employee - Medical Billing and Coding in Driggs, ID

I worked at Teton Valley Hospital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

the people are really nice, the company perks are nice including cafeteria use, company parties, and available medical knowledge

Cons

billing department was located in a windowless basement and the air ventilation system would intake diesel exhaust fumes because ambulance hookups outside were located right next to it! We would have to leave office sometimes because of dizzyness. Someone was always sick in office- air was that BAD. No opportunities for advancement- they hired management from the outside every time I was there. No training, heavy workload, you never got caught up or felt like you could "afford" to take a pto day because of it. Health benefit premiums were pretty bad because our company had higher than average usage of benefits.

Advice to Management

Move that basement office up to a ground floor with some windows! Its not a suitable work environment for people down there. Dont believe me? Move your desk there 1 full day and you will...

Jan 5, 2016 – Director of Marketing

Thank you for letting us know about your problems with the air ventilation system. Within one week after receiving your comment, our maintenance staff inspected the billing office area. We do realize... More