Tetra Pak Reviews | Glassdoor

Tetra Pak President and CEO Dennis Jönsson
Dennis Jönsson

1. "Never boring"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

I have been working at Tetra Pak (More than 10 years)

Pros

Solid, secure, proactive company
    You will work with colleagues from diverse cultures & countries
    Professional environment where people treat each other respectfully

Cons

Lots of change, every year there is some kind of significant change
    Career growth limited unless willing to take international assignments

"Flat Organization and lots of Favoritism."

Former Employee - Quality Assurance in Denton, TX
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance in Denton, TX

I worked at Tetra Pak full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Decent Pay, Indoor Smoking, and if you land 1st shift there cafeteria with Food and nice new lunching Area.

Cons

** THIS COMPANY DID THE LOWEST ALMOST FORTUNE 500 Company***Management offers no help, there no continuing education,Flat organization no Progression, Training and promoting is purely by chance there is not a set time,management is not engaged they expect you to do it all and give them the glory, lots of family/descendants, what position you are brought in on the floor is the one you are going to be in very unlikely you get to move around company. and its privately owned so they do what they want! Supervisors and Managers are on the same level so get ready for alot of misdirection and no accountability. Quotas that can change Multiple times a YR

Advice to Management

Don't take people for granted, also need better Communication and Compensation.

3. "Great company!"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Charlottesville, VA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Charlottesville, VA

I worked at Tetra Pak full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work! People are always encourage to improve themselves. Very well structured company. There are opportunities to grow within the company.

Cons

In my experience I have no complains of the organization.

Advice to Management

Improve opportunities in some latin countries.

5. "Mostly positive"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in America, OK
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in America, OK

I have been working at Tetra Pak full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Company culture, friendly environment
    Private company
    Freedom with accountability
    Good pay
    Non-hierarchical interaction / open door policy
    People are usually empowered
    Liberty to share new ideas

Cons

Career development path is very unclear for most in the organization
    HR is poorly organized, specially at market level. However, the root cause starts at the top global level

Advice to Management

Change the HR otganization to improve it's contribution in each market company

"A great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Director in Denton, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Denton, TX

I have been working at Tetra Pak full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

High level of collaboration and team work, high level of diversity, very accommodating corporate culture, solid growth and high potential for the future.

Cons

Denton location in the US is not the best in DFW metroplex, very high pace of change due to high level of business growth may be hard to adjust to for some people.

Advice to Management

Continue to maintain the culture of growth, opportunity, and freedom with personal responsibility.

7. "Incredible"

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Towson, MD
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Towson, MD

I have been working at Tetra Pak full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Mondo brings new meaning to the word recruiter. They are truly amazing. Not only do they care about you as a client, they prove it by actually following through on every promise given. Their answers are complete and the results are real!

Cons

None that I have found. I have been pleasantly surprised by their great attention to detail. It truly blows my mind in a good way.

"Tetra Pak in the US"

Former Employee - Technical Support Analyst in Denton, TX
    Former Employee - Technical Support Analyst in Denton, TX

Pros

Work-life balance was great and management listened to concerns. Global and culturally diverse work environment. Felt like family after a short time. Best coffee and tea service of any company I've ever worked for.

Cons

Sometimes change and career mobility was too slow, and there is a lot of obsolete documentation. Company traditions are deeply ingrained. There is also a lot of undocumented tribal knowledge about how things operate.

Advice to Management

There is a lot of opportunity for innovation.

9. "Factory Director"

Current Employee - Factory Director in Denton, TX
    Current Employee - Factory Director in Denton, TX

I have been working at Tetra Pak full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Solid Company
    Private Company
    Solid Strategy

Cons

A little slow to react to the market

"Constant change"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

I have been working at Tetra Pak (More than 3 years)

Pros

There's a lot going on that I cannot fit into these tiny boxes. I started as a temp and was eventually hired full time. I was excited because this was an international company and I got to work with people from all around the world. The other key point was that it was never boring. There are some routine tasks that happen, but there was always something that needed my problem solving skills. It kept you on your toes and using your brain. Pros of working at Tetra Pak are the benefits, environmentally conscious, diverse culture, market company management that seems to actually care.

Cons

Cons to the job have been piling on a day to day regularity. If it weren't for my boss, I'd probably would had left long ago. There is a vagueness to the way our cluster management treats the employees, not to mention, our management for both market and cluster seems to be under constant change. Change is good, I can deal with change, but when the changes don't stop and you never really have a feel for normality again, that's when things start to feel out of control. Certain accounting principles and internal controls seem to also be ignored more recently. Our market company is the US. Our cluster company is encompassing of North, Central, and South Americas. There are just certain things that you cannot operate the same in the US as you can in South America, but when warned of this, cluster management seems to ignore it. The US has greater legal presence and is a lawsuit happy country. In trying to protect the company, we are constantly told to do something this way because that is the norm for the rest of the cluster.

There are no career advancement opportunities. There are people in positions of power that are greatly out skilled and out knowledged by others. There is no work life balance. And with senior management constantly under change, there is no good senior management.

Advice to Management

Management has collected responses from all over the cluster in an employee survey. They have the suggestions but whether or not they take it to heart is another thing entirely. I won't even get into that these surveys were also broken out by department and gender when being reviewed. So much for anonymity when we operate on a skeleton crew as it is.

"downhill"

I have been working at Tetra Pak full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

A profitable growth company who used to have great culture of employee orientation and career development.

Cons

experiencing considerable organization change, which brings negativity to the morale. hopeless leadership

Advice to Management

please restore basic leadership, and back to respectful, motivating and open environment.