Tetra Tech Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated January 18, 2018

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

"Good company, great people"

Current Employee - Geophysicist in Lakewood, CO
    Current Employee - Geophysicist in Lakewood, CO

I have been working at Tetra Tech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours. Can work autonomously. Direct supervisor is awesome and team I work with is dedicated to producing high quality work. People are very friendly and always willing to help. Positive team atmosphere. EXCELLENT benefits and Time Off With Pay options.

Cons

Initial training could use a little tune up. Don't work much outside of the geophysics team (but sometimes that is nice :) ).

Advice to Management

Coordinate initial training to make it feel more concrete. Employees enjoy on the job training, but it is also nice to get a broad "company" training to learn about the company philosophy's, and morals.

"Strong Company"

Former Employee - Project Manager
    Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at Tetra Tech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Strong company with a good reputation. Experienced in bidding and delivering government contracts. A great place to get good experience without someone breathing down your neck.

Cons

As they acquired smaller firms, adopting the larger corporate identity was challenging. There was no set career path, though that may vary by manager and location.

Advice to Management

When acquiring the smaller companies, manage the culture adoption and alignment so it doesn't feel so fragmented.

"Don't work for the French Canadian division!!!"

Former Employee - Executive in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Executive in Houston, TX

I worked at Tetra Tech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Houston office is a great team, led by a great man. If you can report through him, then you're in the right spot.

Cons

Unfortunately, I reported to a lady in Quebec. I was given impossible short term goals that were not what was discussed in the interview process. I was hired specifically for my expertise in the Houston market. After being hired, that expertise was ignored and talked over from Quebec. In the interview, we all agreed that it would take at least one year to start seeing some returns on the investment, since it is such a well-developed market, not white space. This is especially true, since they had absolutely zero experience and name recognition in Houston.

I was actually FIRED, without any warning, after only 5 months into the role. This was despite making several accomplishments in that short time they had been trying to achieve for two years. I feel I was used fir my contacts, then set free once they had an in to my main account. Keep in mind that I was in an executive-level position.

Note: I've never written a negative report on an employer before.

Advice to Management

You need to reevaluate your management selection process. You have some very poor candidates in leadership positions.

4. "Laid-back company with great atmosphere but needs better systems and clearer path for upward mobility."

Current Employee - Staff Associate in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Staff Associate in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Tetra Tech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly office with passionate people. Very respectable technically and good principles towards industry growth. Great new merger and will likely keep growing.

Cons

Terrible systems and no clear path for upward mobility. While they value technical excellence, there is not a clear path for growth for junior staff to move up. While the merger will prove beneficial for the company, actually merging company policies has been quite difficult.

5. "Treasury Analyst"

I worked at Tetra Tech full-time

Pros

Amazing team to work with.

Cons

They don't offer competitive salaries.

"Tetra Tech review"

Pros

Salary and colleagues within unit

Cons

Corporate culture, company not integrated, colleagues from other offices not willing to share information or cooperate, no company functions at local office level

Advice to Management

Create a proper knowledge management system and incentivize cooperation between units

7. "Ex employee review"

I worked at Tetra Tech full-time

Pros

Working hours can be flexible.

Cons

Most employees are not team oriented.

8. "Alright"

I worked at Tetra Tech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, small office atmosphere, they try to keep you busy but also seek balance.

Cons

Like in all corporate cultures, there are different personalities and if you're not outspoken, you could miss out on opportunities for growth and they misunderstand you as unwilling to work.

Advice to Management

Good improvement over the years in understanding each employee's strengths and placing them in a position where they can contribute and grow from there.

9. "Nice work environment"

I have been working at Tetra Tech full-time

Pros

Decent pay, happy staff. Easy interview.

Cons

Long hours, weekends required and no benefits

10. "Administrative Assistant"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Maitland, FL
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Maitland, FL

I worked at Tetra Tech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

During hurricane matthew, hours were crazy and workload was non stop. Great place to work and the people are very welcoming.

Cons

Work can become very repetitious and not much of a challenge.