Texans Credit Union Reviews | Glassdoor

Kevin Durrance

1. "Wonderful Company!!!"

Current Employee - Happy Employee! in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Happy Employee! in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Texans Credit Union full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Texans leadership team truly gets it! They have developed an environment where you feel empowered and trusted to perform the job you were hired to do. This culture is so hard to find in so many companies this day and age. I have had the privilege of working for good company's in my career, but Texans is a "great" organization. I feel blessed to be a part of a company who really cares about the success of each member of their team and puts forth the effort to make a certain we achieve the goals and objectives that we all strive for. If you have an opportunity to work for this company I would highly recommend Texans.

Cons

Add new locations throughout Texas ( i.e. Austin, San Antonio, Ft. Worth)

Advice to Management

Continue to acknowledge employees who truly make a difference.

2. "Teller II"

Current Employee - Part Time Teller in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Part Time Teller in Plano, TX

I have been working at Texans Credit Union part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is my first banking job and it has been great. The staff has been welcoming and positive. They offer an abundance of training to help make you comfortable and ready to work on your own. They also help look forward and find the best fit for you within the company to grow in to. They encourage all questions. It's nice to work for a smaller company where everything is personal. Upper management is often involved in the day to day operations to help maintain the friendly and welcoming atmosphere. Someone is always a phone call away when unfamiliar situations arise which is great when you are still learning. I would highly recommend this company to work for.

Cons

There is a lack of benefits for part time employees. Extra time off can be hard to get due to limited staff but they do try to work with you the best that they can.

Advice to Management

Keep up with the welcoming environment.

3. "Wire Department"

Former Employee - Department in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Department in Richardson, TX

I worked at Texans Credit Union full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nothing positive to write about this company. Interview was promising and encouraging but the experience here was not positive.

Cons

You were instructed to clock in exactly at 8am if you were a minute late they would ask why.

Advice to Management

To have an understanding that sometimes logging in you get locked out, 5 minutes can be made up on lunch hours. Also, that favoritism does not make a team environment. Human Resources...displayed the most unprofessional environment and experience.

4. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Texans Credit Union full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been with Texans over a year now and I can honestly say that hard work pays off. Upper management treats you like family and genuinely cares about your future in the company. I've seen numerous people promoted since I've been with the company. Employees work as a unified team which is so refreshing. I would definitely recommend Texans if you're looking to grow with an organization.

Benefits: employer pays for PPO healthcare, 3 weeks PTO, generous incentive payouts, 401K match and wonderful people to work with.

Cons

If your a member facing employee, you typically work Saturday's. However, that's pretty standard in this industry. Also, Texans is only in the Dallas Metroplex area.

Advice to Management

It would be great if there was an employee pension plan in addition to 401K.

5. "Assistant Manager"

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Dallas, TX

Pros

Good place to work in a team environment. Allows for and provides training to advance your career within the organization. (I started as a teller). If you are willing to work and learn, the opportunity exists. I was on track to become a branch manager, but my family moved. (I was amazed at how much I learned there. Didn't realize how much I had learned until started new job and was way ahead of the curve.

Cons

Wish they had more branches. I moved, but since there was no branch, went to work for another credit union as branch manager.

Advice to Management

Keep going - Keep improving -

"don't do it"

Current Employee - Teller II in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Teller II in Dallas, TX

Pros

I wish there were pros.

Cons

needs to catch up with the times is stuck in 2007.

Advice to Management

Hire more people

7. "Horribly unorganized and poor communication from upper management to branch level."

Current Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Texans Credit Union full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Smaller than the big banks which gives a certain level of closeness. If you have an opinion or idea, it gets heard. They pay for the employees health insurance. You are exposed to lending in a way that other companies don't allow you to be. The hands on experience with lending and the entire process is extremely valuable.

Cons

Lack of professional organization skills necessary in any business especially the financial business. Procedures would be changed multiple times in a short time frame and the changes wouldn't be properly communicated down to branch employees. There is a huge disconnect between the e-branch and branch staff about what can be done by each department. Training was scattered and the most beneficial and important information was not taught. It was labeled as 'on the job' training but several things were not addressed and only after being there several months was vital training given. Texans currently does not do any commercial business which a double edged sword, depending on your area of expertise. The branches are poorly staffed which causes a multitude of problems. It creates negative member impact, extra stress on the staff that is there which creates tension at the branch levels. They underpay their people and expect you to do every job in the branch without the extra pay. Texans preaches about team work and being united when in reality you have people throwing you under the bus for their own gain.

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees and they will take care of you. Hire adequate staff that is properly trained so that exceptional member service can actually be delivered. When making promises or commitments on anything, ensure there is follow through. Most importantly, work on the communication between the various departments. You want employees to 'be the CEO of their branches' you need to treat them as such. Train for success not just functionality. Texans has the potential to be great if the right moves are made.

"Branch Manager"

Former Employee - Branch Manager in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Texans Credit Union (More than a year)

Pros

HR was great my staff was awesome!

Cons

Management is bad. District managers have a power trip. They are clueless on how to lead people. They can't seem to keep staff, turnover is high. They keep tell everyone its going to get better but I never saw left that credit union ASAP.

Advice to Management

Think of the people you have management above branch managers and remove them.

"Need diversity in management and employee recognition"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Pros

Great benefits! Decent pay and PTO

Cons

If you want a new branch manager every few months and false promises that are filled with you doing more work as part of a leadership development team- you can work here! No kind of employee recognition exists unless you cough up loans and look a certain way working for.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring people for their looks verify why all your managers are leaving, the Retail managers are the worst and have got rid of all managers. Don't hire anyone who is a size 0 with blonde hair and no experience

"One of the worst places to work in dallas"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Richardson, TX

I worked at Texans Credit Union full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Sadly there are no pro's

Cons

This place is full of double talk. The minute you go to anyone for help with any issue no matter how small you are a target and you will be gone faster than you can blink.

Advice to Management

They spoke of transparency but no such thing exists with this company. Everything is completely top down everyone of your employees are human being's who deserve respect. Why do you guys think your turnover is so high its because you guys treat your employees worse than a stray mangy dog.