Texas Department of Licensing & Regulation Reviews | Glassdoor

Texas Department of Licensing & Regulation Reviews

Found 4 reviews

3.9
  1. "Best Job I've Ever Had"

Current Employee - Web Developer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Texas Department of Licensing & Regulation full-time for more than a year

Pros

The opportunities are nearly endless for smart and motivated people who are willing to show up and care about their jobs. I've been here two years now, and I've been promoted twice. Upper management is very open to change and suggestions from the bottom-up. This place allows many people to work from home up to a few days per week, which is almost unheard of for state jobs. The pay is better than most state jobs, and there...

Cons

The status quo reigns supreme, in many cases. There are a handful of senior managers that don't seem to care anymore and are waiting out their retirement -- nice enough people, but mostly checked out. The agency is also growing at a rapid rate, and past shortcuts taken are going to make that a difficult and potentially painful process.

Advice to Management

Hold employees to greater account. Continue to think strategically long-term and make those investments now that we'll need 5 years down the road.

Texas Department of Licensing & Regulation2019-03-05

"Legal Assistant - Enforcement"

Current Employee - Legal Assistant/Paralegal in Austin, TX

I have been working at Texas Department of Licensing & Regulation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Flex hours - not downtown - state benefits - casual dress - occasional bonuses

Cons

- leadership is lacking - cubicles so no privacy and everyone can listen to everyone elses conversations - your complaints are unheard - only promote those who know important people

Advice to Management

maybe you should listen to your employees that are not in the management position

Texas Department of Licensing & Regulation2018-05-18
  3. "CSR"

I worked at Texas Department of Licensing & Regulation

Pros

not a great company to work for

Cons

management is not great in the customer service department

Advice to Management

Need more training on how to be a manager or a supervisor, supervising employees

Texas Department of Licensing & Regulation2015-04-23

"The best state agency in Texas."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in

I have been working at Texas Department of Licensing & Regulation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Progressive leaders at the helm who are truly open to innovation and providing great service. Statewide reach that makes a difference in the lives of Texans.

Cons

Many important figures are near retirement and new leadership could change the culture. Budget cuts in the next legislative session could hinder getting the job done.

Advice to Management

Mentor those who have bought-in to the culture and make sure as many things that make this organization great are baked-in prior to handing over the keys.

Texas Department of Licensing & Regulation2012-06-25