Texas Disposal Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 16, 2018

2.6
Texas Disposal Systems CEO Bob Gregory
Bob Gregory
  1. "Love the staff just stressful enviroment"

Former Employee - Driver in Creedmoor, TX

I worked at Texas Disposal Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are no pros just more cons

Cons

Stressed out work overload always someone micromanaging

Texas Disposal Systems2018-10-16

"Members Only"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Creedmoor, TX

I have been working at Texas Disposal Systems full-time

Pros

Decent health insurance as a whole.

Cons

If you're not Caucasian or speak fluent Spanish, I would advise you to find other employment opportunities . This is a culture of overt racism. Established in 1977 right outside of Austin, Texas. African-American's are sparse and the n-word is used frequently. Human Resources is fully aware of the racial issues, but do not provide solutions.

Advice to Management

Learn leadership skills

Texas Disposal Systems2018-08-18

"Ethical and stable company in a hard to reach location"

Former Employee - Senior Pricing Analyst in Creedmoor, TX

I worked at Texas Disposal Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Stability, Integrity, Growth, Family owned

Cons

Location, location, location. You catch a whiff of the landfill every now and then.

Advice to Management

TDS is a great company to work for. They are committed to their customers, employees, and the Central Texas environment. The problem is TDS is in the far reaches of South Austin half-way to San Marcos. That's a deal breaker for a lot of people with traffic and housing prices being what they are in Austin.

Texas Disposal Systems2018-07-11

"Watch yourself here, HR and Managers DO NOT CARE"

Current Employee - Driver in Sealy, TX

I have been working at Texas Disposal Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This is a place to get experience

Cons

Some Coworkers, customers are nice

Advice to Management

I saw an employee hurt his back and was ignored by his manager after repeated attempts to report it.

Texas Disposal Systems2018-01-10

"Great place but...."

Former Employee - Gate Attendant in Creedmoor, TX

I worked at Texas Disposal Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Competitive salary Decent work hours Friendly coworkers

Cons

Family owned and some people have been there too long and are a little too friendly with the owners of the company which allows them the power to do whatever they want without question just because they personally have an issue with someone.

Advice to Management

Check out your people who have been there for more than 20 years. Are they really still doing their titled job to the best of their ability or is it time for them to move on? Also, allow people lunch breaks!!

Texas Disposal Systems2018-01-08

"Heart is in the Right Place"

I have been working at Texas Disposal Systems full-time

Pros

I genuinely believe in the vision and goals that TDS sets for itself and it's employees. The owners believe in always doing the right thing for their customers.

Cons

There are a lot of change-resistent people in leadership. The Operations can't keep up with the growth.

Texas Disposal Systems2017-06-20
  7. "It's a good place to work, Company takes care of employees"

Former Employee - Mechanic in Austin, TX

I worked at Texas Disposal Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits, Stable working conditions, paid safety training monthly, $50 a year for safety shoes, Free uniforms with laundry service, 401k, free coffee machines, Showers on sight.

Cons

The only negative thing I would say about this employer is maybe the lower than average pay but when you add up everything else it kinda evens out but I would rather have the higher pay than all the extras.

Advice to Management

Have more leadership training and inspire your employees

Texas Disposal Systems2017-02-28

"TDS is an awesome place to learn the Industry!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Creedmoor, TX

I have been working at Texas Disposal Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The culture is always friendly and welcoming. From the mechanics who work on our equipment, to the ladies who work in our corporate office, everyone will welcome you with a smile. We are constantly growing and expanding to new areas of Texas and to be a part of this and see the growth is just amazing. Our new Head of Customer Experience has give our department additional inspiration and direction. My attitude and... excitement for our department is just continuing to grow each day. A great leader is always needed. We definitely have one of the best Senior Managers if not the best!

Cons

We are struggling to get our technology up to date. It seems we are growing quicker than we can upgrade our staff or equipment, and we feel the pain within each department. We have departmental communication issues frequently. We have no on site recreation areas to just blow off some stress.

Advice to Management

Hold folks accountable for unprofessional emails to other TDS staff members. More Process and procedures, especially to ensure dependable staffing. More communication between departments to ensure we are being proactive instead of reactive.

Texas Disposal Systems2017-02-08
  9. "A foul place to work."

Former Employee - Management in Austin, TX

I worked at Texas Disposal Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

They will hire felons and keep multiple felony employees. It's a job, if you have a record and have had issues finding employment. .

Cons

This company is rife with nepotism. They pride themselves on "family values" but to this company that means hiring family for positions they aren't qualified for and them keep them in positions despite their poor job performance. If you take a job at this company you will quickly realize that you are working for a company that will throw you under the bus, with the help of their HR department, if you have any... disagreements or conflicts with part of the family. This company hires heavy equipment operators, drivers, and customer service staff at below average pay rates and then expects heavy amounts of overtime from these employees. Crews typically work 60 hour plus weeks with very little paid vacation time or holidays. Salary paid managers are hired expecting 40 hour work weeks, but then are required to work more hours than described in the job description. This all made for a very stressful job as a manager. There are no bonus structures and very little room for career advancement due to friends and family filling many of newly available positions. This leads to a high turnover rate and a nightmare for continuity and communication between departments. I worked in the landfill and felt like worker and customer safety was a very low priority. Monthly safety meetings consisted of little more than a doughnut and some free safety glasses.

Advice to Management

Good luck. I hope that you are able to keep your employees in mind as you build your trash and poop business empire.

Texas Disposal Systems2017-01-25

"Customer Experience"

I have been working at Texas Disposal Systems full-time

Pros

TDS is a family owned company, and the family-feel extends throughout the organization. There are at least a dozen lines of service offered across Central Texas, so each customer request is unique; therefore, the work is dynamic and never grows dull. If you enjoy problem-solving, keeping busy, and serving customers, then the customer experience team at TDS may be a good fit for you.

Cons

Although the company has been around since the 70s, they've experienced exponential growth over a relatively brief period of time. With growth comes growing pains, primarily with respect to resources and communication. Also, holidays and paid time off is minimal.

Advice to Management

Ask frontline employees for their ideas for improvement. The best ideas come from those "in the trenches" and implementing those ideas improves employee loyalty. It's a win-win.

Texas Disposal Systems2017-01-17