Texas Dow Employees Credit Union Reviews

Updated May 25, 2020

3.1
Texas Dow Employees Credit Union President and Chief Executive Officer Stephanie Sherrodd  (no image)
Stephanie Sherrodd
  1. "Amazing Credit Union, fake Management."

5.0
    Former Employee - Member Care

I worked at Texas Dow Employees Credit Union full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Culture, Benefits and professionalism.

Cons

Favoritism is a thing and do not give people a chance to move up that have a drive to move up. Pay is good for someone who is content with staying at starting pay for years.

Texas Dow Employees Credit Union2020-05-26
  2. "Thought the job was nice, fit is pretty important."

I worked at Texas Dow Employees Credit Union full-time

Pros

People are nice, fit is somewhat important.

Cons

Somedays much tougher than others.

Texas Dow Employees Credit Union2020-03-10

"Embrace Change or else"

2.0

I have been working at Texas Dow Employees Credit Union full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Many good people have been here for many years. We once had a great reputation. Still has many friendly faces and wonderful people. Benefits are good though they tend to change healthcare providers every year seemingly lately.

Cons

So many higher-ups have either left or coerced to leave - feels like a mass exodus the past few months. Leaders suggest we "embrace change" but change works best when it doesn't add to our workload, expectations and stress level. Used to promote from within giving a positive outlook but it feels that it's not possible anymore as they've primarily shifted to hiring outsiders. We're encouraged to be transparent but it doesn't feel reciprocated.

Texas Dow Employees Credit Union2020-02-07
  4. "Wasn’t too bad"

Former Employee - Service Champion in Pasadena, TX

I worked at Texas Dow Employees Credit Union part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good hours, ok pay, good benefits

Cons

Higher management was not the best.

Texas Dow Employees Credit Union2019-07-10
  5. "Don't recommend"

1.0
    Current Employee - Teller

I have been working at Texas Dow Employees Credit Union full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Co Workers are nice and work is fun

Cons

Leadership is terrible. They talk about culture and caring about employees but this is jus lip service.

Texas Dow Employees Credit Union2019-08-11
  6. "Company doesn't appreciate their employees"

1.0
    Former Employee - Member Service Representative in Garland, TX

I worked at Texas Dow Employees Credit Union full-time for more than a year

Pros

I enjoyed the benefits the company had to offer.

Cons

The biggest cons were pay and management. They expect and ask more of you without compensation.

Texas Dow Employees Credit Union2019-07-29
  7. "Endless Opportunities"

Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at Texas Dow Employees Credit Union full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

In my time with this organization, I have been given endless opportunities for development and advancement. I am recognized for my hard work and contributions and have never felt 'less than' when working with even the highest levels of Sr. Leadership. The benefits offered are competitive, and it has been an overall great experience. I can definitely see myself staying with this organization for the duration!

Cons

Management in some areas can be lacking, and unfortunately, I don't think those area employees would speak as highly of the organization. However, you will see those 'bad seeds' in any organization - which are eventually weeded out - and I don't believe it reflects on this company as a whole. The only other con I can possibly think of is that the Maternity Leave policy/pay is somewhat lacking.

Texas Dow Employees Credit Union2019-06-10
  8. "Good company but could be better"

4.0
    Current Employee - Member Champion (Loan Officer)

Pros

Benefits are good. Medical and dental coverage for employee + kids is very affordable. Opportunity to grow. Ok incentive programs. Vacation accrual is good. Company culture. MOST employees are very friendly and welcoming. Overall, TDECU is a good place to work, some locations better than others.

Cons

NO WORK-LIFE BALANCE. Very hard to attend a school activity for your kids or schedule an appointment. Training is very basic. Late work hours on most locations. Compensation; base pay is not that great.

Texas Dow Employees Credit Union2019-05-16

"Great Company but definitely needs improvements"

Current Employee - Service Champion

I have been working at Texas Dow Employees Credit Union full-time for more than a year

Pros

The pay is decent for the workload, and the people who work here are amazing and treat you like family.

Cons

The hours are stressful, I feel like I never have time to relax or spend with family. I mean 8 to 6 almost everyday drains you. Recently started mandatory volunteer hours but instead of scheduling them during work hours they schedule you for Saturdays, or after work hours. My days off and the time after work is my time to relax and spend with family.

Texas Dow Employees Credit Union2019-05-09

"Good company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Victoria, TX

I worked at Texas Dow Employees Credit Union full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The employees are treated great and receive lots of perks.

Cons

Lots of system problems, app always down, atm always down, executive management doesn’t care about employees. Sales are pushed daily on employees, numerous goals are tracked on a daily basis.

Texas Dow Employees Credit Union2019-04-18